Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time to get serious about video editing

I'm growing bored of posting un-edited videos to Youtube. I've only used Microsoft Movie but I'm ready to start making better looking videos.

Please provide any hints, tips and suggestions you may have.

Are there any decent free trial video editing programs available that we can try before we buy?

I use Adobe Premier Pro on a Win 10 PC, with that monthly thing going. I've used the program for years, well before the subscription model appeared. For less than 50 bucks to start, you get a software package that used to tip the scales at $2000+ depending. $600 for the entire year, but you get Photoshop, After Effects, Lightroom the list goes on and on. I hate to sound like a commercial, but for me anyways, I like the monthly subscription model.

Great videos CaptainDrone. I fogot about iMovie. I've been using Windows Movie Maker but that is as basic as they come. I wonder how I can quickly get my videos to my iPad Air so I can edit on iMovie...

Just curious... was this flight with stock or extended range antennas? If so, which brand? Thanks! Beautiful countryside!
Stock antennas, could of gone further as I had no loss of video etc. I'm in no hurry to upgrade them either

I'm growing bored of posting un-edited videos to Youtube. I've only used Microsoft Movie but I'm ready to start making better looking videos.

Please provide any hints, tips and suggestions you may have.

Are there any decent free trial video editing programs available that we can try before we buy?
Dave:
I bought & use Adobe's combo pack Adobe Premiere Elements 14. & Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 .These are great for editing I really love how easily I learned to edit my videos. I can add music, narration, titles and so much more, and I have multi-tracks to work with. It has 3 levels 2 to help you learn how to edit videos and 1 expert expert level. Just about every project I've edited has turned out professional looking. I've even made book trailers & video birthday cards.
I bought it on sale for around $80 USD. It is worth a lot more.. I hope this helps.
G W Pickle

Adobe Premiere Pro...

If you don't want to spend the money they I'd recommend Adobe Premiere Elements.

What settings are people using when producing with cyberlink 14. My vids are all grainy. If I use movie editor the free one with Microsoft everything looks good.

I use Windows Movie Maker at the moment. Yes I know it's basic but it's so easy to use and does what I want it to do. I've tried Final Cut but finished up dumping it because the sound always went out of sinc: Sound was speeded up so that the soundtrack always finished 30 seconds before the end of a 5 minute vid.

However, once I get my PFAW I suppose I'll need to look again at editing software if I expect to be paid for the vid I produce.

Here is a vid I did recently using Windows Movie Maker. Not too bad. (Sorry it's a Phantom)

I've found Lightworks is excellent and free to use for basic editing. It's a fully featured editor (effects, titles, color correction, audio mixing, rendering etc.) so there's a lot to learn, but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube. If you want to output higher quality video, you can pay a one off fee for a month that unlocks all of the top quality output formats - so I pay that on the occasion I've edited together something that isn't strictly amateur :)

It runs on Mac and PC - Lightworks: The professional editor for everyone

Any editing program is fine. The trick in editing is to match music (where possible) and have many scenes and slow sweeping movements (no jerky up or down or sideways shots). But, besides that... the most important thing is to have at least 60% of the finish production already in your mind before you begin filming. Here are two examples I did recently. One is of of a motorcycle ride where I had to capture 2000 motorcycles and place it into a 4 min video. The only way to do it was with 2 ground cameras and one drone camera. The other short movie is just a movie of my city in the morning... what makes it interesting is that I edited different drone perspectives together in quick secession.

Both were edited in iMovie which is the most basic of movie editing programs.

I've found imove to more than fill my meager vids! simple like me lol

What settings are people using when producing with cyberlink 14. My vids are all grainy. If I use movie editor the free one with Microsoft everything looks good.
Hey Johnny. I bought the same software a few months ago and have the same issues. Everything I do in it comes out grainy. I fully admit I don't understand video editing well, but I'm convinced there are settings I've got wrong (tried various mixes) but after watching a ton of YouTube tutorials I still can't get it right. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis