Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Time Zone Issues

Reaction score
Just a heads up on this, as it seems to be mentioned in a lot of threads. This is my current understanding - I'm happy to be corrected.

What is it:
Despite setting timezone on the controller, the time shifts by an hour. Attempts at setting the correct time don't work.

What causes it:
When you fly, and GPS lock is acquired, the controller sets the time from your GPS location + GPS time. This doesn't always allow for daylight savings, so in some locations, the time is set wrong.

How to fix it:
At present, the latest firmware still shows this problem. Setting the time in Pad mode will not fix things, as time is reset *when you fly*. I'll say this again to be clear: the time you set in Pad mode, using Android settings will be overridden by the flight software. In short, there isn't currently a fix.

Consequences:
Apart from the inconvenience of the wrong time being displayed, if you rely on the telemetry data, telemetry will shift by an hour at the point when time is reset. This will cause problems with some log parsing software. It's therefore better to live with the wrong time than keep attempting to fix it.

I hope that helps a little.

Still a problem, huh? I'm not sure about GPS...could be. I'm in Central Time Zone, and I finally told it I'm in the Eastern Time Zone. It's still holding a couple weeks later. Like you said, not a big deal anyway.

Just a heads up on this, as it seems to be mentioned in a lot of threads. This is my current understanding - I'm happy to be corrected.

What is it:
Despite setting timezone on the controller, the time shifts by an hour. Attempts at setting the correct time don't work.

What causes it:
When you fly, and GPS lock is acquired, the controller sets the time from your GPS location + GPS time. This doesn't always allow for daylight savings, so in some locations, the time is set wrong.

How to fix it:
At present, the latest firmware still shows this problem. Setting the time in Pad mode will not fix things, as time is reset *when you fly*. I'll say this again to be clear: the time you set in Pad mode, using Android settings will be overridden by the flight software. In short, there isn't currently a fix.

Consequences:
Apart from the inconvenience of the wrong time being displayed, if you rely on the telemetry data, telemetry will shift by an hour at the point when time is reset. This will cause problems with some log parsing software. It's therefore better to live with the wrong time than keep attempting to fix it.

I hope that helps a little.
Good info Tuna. I've done the same as Rayray. Set for Eastern Time Zone.

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox