Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To dispel a couple of myths.

Why 26 feet ? , where I live , it's gone and been listed on ebay before I was 26 feet away.
It's a liitle more than safety to be that distance away.

I've taken off closer and not have it fly away. I dont usually use smart mode but have on occasion taken off in this mode well within the 26ft COD and it has never veered away. It will not come any closer to me (that's usually when I notice its in smart mode) and if I then fly out of the 26ft COD it will not enter it again but I can take off from within it.
I would not recommend it as a standard practice but that is my experience.

Reactions: Basicbill
I wish Yuneec would be more vocal on the forums and explain how things work better.

At the rate Yuneec puts out documentation, firmware and software updates is to slow or non existent.

DJI was on top of things to correct even minor issues.

Last edited:
Post video of your tests in smart mode if you dare,I've flown mostly Yuneec products and have never heard of this.
Well would a video prove I was using smart mode? Not sure what you mean by ",I've flown mostly Yuneec products and have never heard of this" ?
Do you mean never heard of anyone taking off in smart mode without it flying off uncontrollably? If that is the case at least two others have posted that they have not had the issue.

I am happy to try again at the weekend and post a video, but as I said, how can it be proved what mode I am in?

Well would a video prove I was using smart mode? Not sure what you mean by ",I've flown mostly Yuneec products and have never heard of this" ?
Do you mean never heard of anyone taking off in smart mode without it flying off uncontrollably? If that is the case at least two others have posted that they have not had the issue.

I am happy to try again at the weekend and post a video, but as I said, how can it be proved what mode I am in?

My results have been the same as yours. It will elevate in smart mode even if I'm only 4 feet away, but will not come closer. I can then move out 15 feet away, and it will not come back toward me. I then move out to 26 feet, and it still won't come back inside that circle. Once out past that, it will come back to 26 feet, and then stop there.

Video the blinking rear LED. Green/White is Smart mode, Purple/White is Angle mode.

I have personally have had and know of others that have been inside the smart mode circle,and have had the machine veer away and crash. This was with other Yuneec quads, I'm not stupid to try to do it with my H though,Maybe it's safe ? I don't know,but up until now,that's new to me.

Green light smart, purple- white angle red- rth..light is located on rear of machine, don't forget if both front white lights are blinking your in collision avoidance.

I wish Yuneec would be more vocal on the forums and explain how things work better.

At the rate Yuneec puts out documentation, firmware and software updates is to slow or non existent.

DJI was on top of things to correct even minor issues.
Dji has had 8 years of complaints,to get it right.

Green light smart, purple- white angle red- rth..light is located on rear of machine, don't forget if both front white lights are blinking your in collision avoidance.
Yes that would not be easy (for me) to film hand holding a phone and taking off at the same time, or else I would have to setup a tripod and dslr and that is quite a hassle. I shall see what I can do though.
However, Allan has confirmed my point, so really that should perhaps be enough for you to accept that this is the way it is on some YTH's

Yes that would not be easy (for me) to film hand holding a phone and taking off at the same time, or else I would have to setup a tripod and dslr and that is quite a hassle. I shall see what I can do though.
However, Allan has confirmed my point, so really that should perhaps be enough for you to accept that this is the way it is on some YTH's
doesn't confirm a thing, I'm seeing so many first time pilots taking on the H blindly and having trouble with such a simple product. But it seems you and your buddy aren't,good luck. The H will take off hands free.

doesn't confirm a thing, I'm seeing so many first time pilots taking on the H blindly and having trouble with such a simple product. But it seems you and your buddy aren't,good luck. The H will take off hands free.
Really not sure of your point, but seeing as I made this earlier today here you go. Typhoon H taking off in smart mode

Really not sure of your point, but seeing as I made this earlier today here you go. Typhoon H taking off in smart mode

Its hard to tell but that looks like angle mode you put it in.

Its hard to tell but that looks like angle mode you put it in.
No offence JimmyLee but I give up! Mr Humbolt is having difficulty believing a word I say as it is. I have now video'd this to show that my H does not fly off in Smart mode.
I can assure you it was in Smart mode. The green led confirms this.

No offence JimmyLee but I give up! Mr Humbolt is having difficulty believing a word I say as it is. I have now video'd this to show that my H does not fly off in Smart mode.
I can assure you it was in Smart mode. The green led confirms this.

Ok I had to blow the video full screen, yes you were in smart mode.

Mine does not fly off horizontally in smart mode either but apparently some of the earlier birds did do something weird.
Yuneec was quick to repair them under warranty without any argument so they know more than there letting on. :D

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Did a couple of tests on the H tonight.
I can only say that this applies to my own so cannot confirm about others experience.

1) The H cannot fly below its starting point: Myth!, tonight I was on a hilltop and flew to approximately minus 150 feet.

2) Starting in smart mode when close to the H will result in it flying off in a random direction: Myth!, I put myself about 8 feet from the H and took off in smart mode, it just went straight up, refused to come any closer and would only fly away from me until it was outside the 26 foot circle.

Just my personal observations
ok, so I just had a scare and I think it was because of the landing below the starting altitude.
I tried a follow me while descending down a mountain road and didn't think of the fact that i was below my take off altitude. I stopped the car and began to bring the H down then all of a sudden it looked like it was no longer descending towards me. At this point I started to panic because I'm getting to be at about 14.9v. WHAT IF I CANT LAND?!! OMFG I started emergency maneuvers (left and right on the right stick) to descend that way and it was working. Then I could see that it was in fact starting to descend the way I wanted with the throttle....finally came down and I grabbed it to land.. WHEW
I nearly **** myself

Reactions: Markinter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval