Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Toilet Bowl, fly away,

I defer to your knowledge...BUT
My 3 Typhoon Hs, all produced at different times, all kept updated, all do exactly as I said.

I didn't say they would not because my pair do as yours do. OTOH, they would fall within component design limits if they did worse than ours do;). Typically they remain within a couple feet of where I park them, which is totally acceptable.

I'm not all that sure that some of the drift/instability posts are accurately describing the reported condition. I also wonder if some may be expecting millimeter precision because they are short on system knowledge.

Nothing wrong with rabbits.

TB is a common problem with drones, the DJI and other forums have many similar reports.

Working as it should, the Typhoon H in a low Angle Mode hover (less than 15' or 20') may slowly drift inside a 10' to 15' circle. NORMAL...

True TB in an otherwise good TH is often compass and GPS conflict, or flying voltage going below 14.
I have two other drones that are work horses, in consumer-pro drones this behavior is not normal. I had over 50hr on my TH-Pro before this problem arose. I have logged flights where I was 4 feet above the deck no problem and hovered in 20mph veering winds for long period of time. .And the Typhoon preformed like pro. So for me this is not normal. The Typhoon is a great aircraft when all system are go.

The H does not have that. If your drift error is within 30' it's well within acceptable tolerance for the equipment used on multirotors.

Within 30' is not acceptable to me, and I doubt most members here would accept it either. I only speak to the Typhoon H, which is the topic on this forum.

Bigrich,

Thanks for mentioning you've been flying the H for awhile. That adds a lot of depth to the issue. As one that experienced a fly away after putting lots of quality flights on it I well understand the consternation that comes when something that had been working well suddenly isn't.

Hi All:
Just want to give you an update. I opened a case with Yuneec USA on April 7th. I sent them the complete flight log.(
If you have to send yours in for some reason, just ZIP the complete folder. I found out the hard way) Well here it is April 20th and after several emails requesting any results,I get complete radio Silence. Not very impressed , Plan to Call in on Friday to see if I can discuss with a person on the phone.

Hi All:
Just want to give you an update. I opened a case with Yuneec USA on April 7th. I sent them the complete flight log.(
If you have to send yours in for some reason, just ZIP the complete folder. I found out the hard way) Well here it is April 20th and after several emails requesting any results,I get complete radio Silence. Not very impressed , Plan to Call in on Friday to see if I can discuss with a person on the phone.

Dick,

Calling is a good idea. Emails stack up.

When in doubt, give a call. Worked for me. After waiting a bit over a week, and a couple calls asking for status, I finally received an email evaluation. Coincidence?

By the way, very curious (still) as to their evaluation. I still do not think we have a voltage issue; at least not "because of low voltage" as the only factor.

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem