Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

torn between buying the H and Inspire but leaning towards the H

Reaction score
Im looking for info on how to put my flir on it such as mount , gimbal before i buy the H pro any info will help thanks.

what about the new tornado h920 plus?

Im looking for info on how to put my flir on it such as mount , gimbal before i buy the H pro any info will help thanks.
One of my favourite things about the H is motor redundancy. If it loses a motor the drone, expensive camera and those around it survive. Does inspire have that capability

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

One of my favourite things about the H is motor redundancy. If it loses a motor the drone, expensive camera and those around it survive. Does inspire have that capability

no it doesnt

Reactions: mcbutler
No it does not. However motor failures resulting in a crash are so rare as to be almost a non-issue. I'd been in this hobby for quite a while. Even in the early days of the Phantoms (or prosumer drones), crashes due to true motor failures were extremely rare. Quads falling out of the sky were almost all attributable to props not being properly tightened and falling off...

Having several DJI drones, and frequenting their forums I've not seen a crash attributed to a motor failure in ages. Even the new Mavic, I've yet to see a post on Mavicpilots where someone has lost a motor... Also just look on this forum, I can't recall the last time, if ever, I've seen a post where an H has lost a motor in flight which was not due to "pilot error" hitting an object first (or damaged in an earlier flight but the pilot did not notice the damage then flew again where the motor died), like a tree causing a lost motor.

My point is drones have come a long way and motor failures on "prosumer" drones is rarely a problem now-a-days. You're more likely to have issues with GPS loss resulting in the loss of your drone.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see the price of the H920 Plus - it looks like a serious bit of kit.

The hex versus quad discussion is a little academic - right up until you do loose a prop, and then you have the same problem as if you had an ESC or motor failure. For most of the time the more important detail is how it flies, and I've not heard anything but praise for the Typhoon's handling characteristics.

The other serious consideration is the controller. Yuneec and DJI have taken very different approaches, and as it's the one thing you'll have in your hands throughout the flight, it's important you get on with it. The ST-16 seems to be very reliable and makes for easy, relaxed flying. As Yuneec are now using it for all of their professional drones, right up to the H920 Plus, you can be sure it's well tested and very well supported.

Whether the cause of a propulsion failure is motor, prop, human error, or ESC matters not, just as whether the cause occurred during a prior flight or the present one does not matter. When you lose a corner on a quad, you're going down. Single engine planes become controllable gliders, twins have the ability to either continue flight or be selective with where and when they land. A quad has no options. Aviation is all about being prepared for the unexpected, and system redundancy is all about being prepared to deal with the unexpected. Don't discount having the ability to continue safe flight because it hasn't happened to you. For many it has happened and those that could continue flight still have a functional aircraft, and camera.

When you plan an operation around the law of minimums, it requires but a minimum number of failures to disrupt the operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question I have is whether or not the camera and associated gimbal could be integrated with either unit, both at the airframe and control software level. I know DJI products are not supportive of non proprietary components and I suspect Yuneec is not either.

i have flir 336 pro

I don't think there is any way to do that. No way to control the FLIR. Did someone lead you to believe this may be possible?
Isn't that a 2 grand camera? Putting the cart before the, uh, something...

is there a way to mount another gimbal on the H and is there a place that sell diy mods for the h i seen peau lenses i will get them and filters

The Inspire is a great bird but, after seeing how many crashed and burned after one prop comes off help me make the decision to get an H. If I ever go pro, the Inspire 2 would by my choice and just have cross my fingers a prop doesn't break or come off during flight. That is one heavy bird and will do a lot of damage if it falls on humans.

Reactions: mcbutler
Without deeply researching the FLIR payload and gimbal needs my initial thoughts don't have either the Inspire or the H being capable of integrating the camera and gimbal into the base operating systems. So it's not a case of which is better, they are both strong in their areas of design intent.

If you would not mind, posting a little more info about the payload system would be helpful.

I wish one of these 2 companies would build the perfect bird , a hex with electronics redundancy. Right now they each have half of it

Looks like Feyiu Tech makes a gimbal to fit that camera that's compatible with the Inspire 1 and Matrice. There's another company that makes a gimbal for it that won't fit anything that doesn't have a flat bottom. I didn't do any research for controls in or video out but it appears to use HDMI of some arrangement. Call Aerial Media Pros and talk to them, they deal in DJI and handle your camera. I think you're going to have to work for it a little though.

I understand why u would choose the H... $$$.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan