Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

torn between buying the H and Inspire but leaning towards the H

i just found the h with cgoet without the base camera i will be going with that and will add the inspire 2 with 4s camera in a month or 2

Reactions: Rayray
i just found the h with cgoet without the base camera i will be going with that and will add the inspire 2 with 4s camera in a month or 2

Super, you have gone from rags to riches.

I've noticed that my wants priced beyond my means have a way of turning into needs that I finagle a way to pay.
Good luck, be sure you realize what the CGO-ET can and cannot do.

Sorry, I can't help you with the FLIR and have no idea if it can be mounted on the Typhoon H. I operate both a Typhoon H and Inspire 1 Pro and prefer the Typhoon H for stability and ease of operating with the ST-16 RC. A few days after delivery, our Typhoon H lost one rotor completely and another was running at half speed. Kicking and spitting, I was able to bring that puppy back over 200m and land it safely. It was replaced by Yuneec with a new Typhoon H which works great. I'm sure an Inspire would have been a dead loss in that instance.

No it does not. However motor failures resulting in a crash are so rare as to be almost a non-issue. I'd been in this hobby for quite a while. Even in the early days of the Phantoms (or prosumer drones), crashes due to true motor failures were extremely rare. Quads falling out of the sky were almost all attributable to props not being properly tightened and falling off...

Having several DJI drones, and frequenting their forums I've not seen a crash attributed to a motor failure in ages. Even the new Mavic, I've yet to see a post on Mavicpilots where someone has lost a motor... Also just look on this forum, I can't recall the last time, if ever, I've seen a post where an H has lost a motor in flight which was not due to "pilot error" hitting an object first (or damaged in an earlier flight but the pilot did not notice the damage then flew again where the motor died), like a tree causing a lost motor.

My point is drones have come a long way and motor failures on "prosumer" drones is rarely a problem now-a-days. You're more likely to have issues with GPS loss resulting in the loss of your drone.
So if a DJI clips a tree and loses a prop its a goner. If the typhoon clips a tree and loses one prop the outcome would probably be better, agreed?

And if the Typhoon H clips a tree and loses 2 props/motors its a goner, agreed?

So if a DJI clips a tree and loses a prop its a goner. If the typhoon clips a tree and loses one prop the outcome would probably be better, agreed?

Maybe, maybe not. If they were opposing props it might still retain enough control to safely land. I took out an H prop on a stage light. I still had enough control to take the still shot I was after and fly back. I have lost an ESC on an X-8 and didn't know I had a problem until it got back close enough at the end of the flight to see the dead prop. In both cases a quad would have been dead meat.

I have three hexes, an X-8, and two quads. Neither of the quads are used for serious work. They have zero redundancy. The brands are irrelevant, it's the redundancy that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
And if the Typhoon H clips a tree and loses 2 props/motors its a goner, agreed?
Next time I fly I will leave two props off and see if it will fly.
I reckon it will at least if they are opposites you will get a slow descent.
Either way their is no argument, six props are safer than 4, simples.
Why do you think they fit aircraft with extra systems, two engines, duplicated wiring and hydraulics etc.
Just because it has not happened yet (probably has) does not mean it will not happen, because it will.

Very soon the will have the Typhoon H520 ipo the H480

I wonder if you can order it in black not orange? :p I'm not sure if I'm going to be comfortable being in the crosshairs of a drone net gun or crazy with a rifle!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430