Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Tornado H920, GB603 & Sony A7 serie

Discussion in 'Tornado H920 Discussion' started by Breizhdrone, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Breizhdrone

Hello,

Do you know how adapt GB603 gimbal for H920 with Sony Alpha 7 camera serie ?

Which equipment to adapt and which connector on Wireless downlink LK58 box for the IR port and balancer on the gimbal ?
    I don't find a Yuneec reference for that....

Thank you by advance for your help,

Abstract of the Yuneec PDF user manual in english (page #18):
    http://download.yuneec.com/manuals/manual/Tornado_H920/h920_industry_user_manual_(st24)_v1.0.pdf
    FOR THE SONY α7 CAMERA
    STEP 1) Replace the GH4 camera lens mount frame with SONY α7 lens mount frame, and secure the 10 screws on the top and bottom of the frame to fix the frame.
    STEP 2) Install the infrared ray mount device to the left side of the SONY α7 lens mount frame, secure the screw on the bottom of the device, and connect the white connector to the IR port
    STEP 3) Mount the SONY α7CG balancer on the GB603 as illustrated.
    STEP 4) Install the SONY® α7 camera on the camera mount referring to the GH4 camera, there is no need to connect shutter cable for SONY® α7
    STEP 1 STEP 3 STEP 2 NOTICE:
    If using GB603 camera gimbal without SONY® α7 lens mount frame, only GH4 camera can be mounted. If using GB603 camera gimbal with SONY® α7 lens mount frame, both GH4 and SONY® α7 cameras can be mounted.

#1 Breizhdrone, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. Aaron Schurman

I also would like to get an answer for this. Where can we obtain a Sony a7 lens mount frame? I would love to own one especially considering both the GH4 and the a7 can be mounted. @Breizhdrone if you have succeeded in mounting can you please respond with the steps you took? Thank you

3. Breizhdrone

Hi,
    I project to make a 3D printing or/and laser cutting gimbal to change the limits of GB603 gimbal.
    According to Yuneec there are two versions of the GB603 gimbal. One that accepts only a Panasonic Lumix GH4 camera, with very few optical choice and a more recent version that would accept additionally the mounting of a Sony Alpha 7 camera with very very few optical choice (Zeiss 2.0/35mm lens only) and IR trigger only (not with the Sony multiport-Mini-USB). The two versions are very poorly designed systems to fit for many cameras and choice of optics. Yuneec told me that they would change that. We have a look in the near future if the news are followed by facts and in what delay ? There is very little information on the subject. Yuneec seems prefer today to put forth the Yuneec CG04 camera. Do Yuneec plan to make a new CG05 camera on the new Panasonic Lumix GH5 camera basis ? The future will tell us.
    On the other side, my customers are not waiting...

#3 Breizhdrone, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. Aaron Schurman

Thank you for your amazingly quick response. What a plan. Please create a video on your process, especially if successful!

5. Breizhdrone

I project to make a 3D printing or/and laser cutting gimbal to change the limits of GB603 gimbal ;-)

6. Breizhdrone

Hi,
    There are 2 versions of GB 603. The oldest and first version only fit for Panasonic Lumix GH4. The second version of the GB 603 fit with GH4 and Sony Alpha 7 serie....
    Today, there is a new update with Tornado H920 Plus:
    Tornado H920 Plus - Aperçu - Yuneec