Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Total power loss and crash - Total loss of Typhoon H

Can you give us and idea of the condition of the battery and internal resistance values of the cells. I can send you a free charger adapter if you willing to give us info we can use to analyze if something is wrong with the battery . Poor soldering or a failed soldered connection can cause an intermittent issue like that. Once it smacked the ground the joint might temp reconnect and under load fail again.

That is a possibility I suppose. If you give me the procedure as to exactly what you want measured I can do it for you. I do have a multimeter. What is the charger adapter for?

That is a possibility I suppose. If you give me the procedure as to exactly what you want measured I can do it for you. I do have a multimeter. What is the charger adapter for?

It will allow you to connect to a 3rd party charger to the factory battery . Once thats done there is an Internal resistance measuring capability that the charger will display for the battery. Your not the first with this issue.

what charger do you use?

Reactions: kai_bcn
It will allow you to connect to a 3rd party charger to the factory battery . Once thats done there is an Internal resistance measuring capability that the charger will display for the battery. Your not the first with this issue.

what charger do you use?

I use the factory Yuneec charger right now. I have two of them.

Reactions: Ralphy
I use the factory Yuneec charger right now. I have two of them.

Ok that one doesnt do much more than just charge the battery. With a 3rd party lipo charger and the adapter you can do so much more to make sure your battery life and condition is optimal.

Can you give us and idea of the condition of the battery and internal resistance values of the cells. I can send you a free charger adapter if you willing to give us info we can use to analyze if something is wrong with the battery . Poor soldering or a failed soldered connection can cause an intermittent issue like that. Once it smacked the ground the joint might temp reconnect and under load fail again.
Thanks for the offer. But I sent the battery, with its new impact Crack, back to Yuneec with my H. 3 days aster I emailed Yuneec that was including it with the broken H (shipped same day) they emailed me not to send the battery. I messaged "... Too late." I hope a get a replacement battery too.

Screenshot_2016-07-30-09-46-22.png Screenshot_2016-07-30-09-46-22.png
Thanks for the offer. But I sent the battery, with its new impact Crack, back to Yuneec with my H. 3 days aster I emailed Yuneec that. was including it with the broken H (shipped same day) they emailed me not to send the battery. I messaged "... Too late." I hope a get a replacement battery too.

The battery is the issue there, your not alone thishas happened to several people. There are newer Yuneec batteries. You might see a surplus of the old China batteries in the market at a great low price. Yet the new ones from Yuneec will be very expensive and feature a recycle icon. The internal chemistry is much improved .

Last edited:
My Q500+ dropped out of the sky last week for no apparent reason. I had been flying with one battery for around 12 minutes, changed location and put in a new battery. Carried out all the pre-flight checks including tightening the props and it flew for around 6 minutes and dropped into the Marina - luckily it didn't hit anyone or any boats but sank like a stone! Sent the ST10 to Yuneec to see if they can shed any light - it was only a few months old with only a few hours flying time!

Sudden power loss can only occur 2 ways. Battery cell failure or physical connection failure due to poor soldering.

Both will show on telemetry data as voltage drop to zero which cannot be faked by a user during flight.im very interested in what you guys end up getting from the company as the data is analyzed. Hopefully other knowledgable members will chim in.

These are great copters with poor batteries period.

By any chance were you or the others who have had these sudden falls from the sky using these Ultrx 6300mAh 14.8V Replacement LiPo Battery for Yuneec? I've got 22 batteries for my H's and 6 of them are Ultrx 6300mAh. Of the 6 batteries the cells on two of them although only flown 4 or 5 times ea. and charged while balancing the cells are so imbalanced that they will no longer charge. I would be very cautious when using these having had a 33% failure rate after just 4 or 5 flights. I've recently contacted the vendor and I'm awaiting a response.

Ouch. I have some as well, but only a couple of flights on them. It seemed like they had less flight time, but never really tested them.
I've got two high end chargers and I've never gotten cell errors with the OEM Yuneec batteries and they've had several more cycles...so please do beware of those
Ouch. I have some as well, but only a couple of flights on them. It seemed like they had less flight time, but never really tested them.
Yes be careful with those non-OEM batteriesbad cells.JPG

I have an Ultrx 6300 with about 15 flights on it, always balance charged on a Hitec AC2 Plus and I always watch the cell voltage when charging and have never seen an imbalance of more than .01 per cell and usually all four are dead even. Will keep an eye on it though.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I live here in Orlando and it will get in the 90's, but heat index is 104 to 108. I try to avoid flying in the afternoons. I have flow in these conditions but with anxiety.
I have noticed my 6700 batteries are not giving me the the 22 minutes I had on the onset. Also all 8 that I purchased are slightly, very slightly puffed they came that way Only 2 months old now.

Last edited:
I have an Ultrx 6300 with about 15 flights on it, always balance charged on a Hitec AC2 Plus and I always watch the cell voltage when charging and have never seen an imbalance of more than .01 per cell and usually all four are dead even. Will keep an eye on it though.

I've experienced the same with mine. 18 cycles each.

Thanks, @AH-1G.

My ambient weather has been much the same, now finally moderating. I'm pretty conservative flying when it's 100F, and I developed the habit of taking a quick check of cell resistances after charging. Lots of flights with various batteries and no problems, but it seems the name on batteries is not always an indication of quality.

IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1534.JPG IMG_1532.JPG IMG_1531.JPG

Since I had a battery drop a cell mid flight I have changed my charging habits. I picked up a Turnagy LiPo IR meter and it's great to test batts when purchased and during its life. See pics. I label each batt and cells resistance and monitor it at each use charge. I have a sticker on each batt tracking the number of charges and also a color indicator for charged, used, storage.

I have returned many new batteries after checking internal resistance and having a cell over 20mohms or having a brand new pack with cells with delta resistance over 10mohms. I have had zero flight issues since tracking IR and take batteries out of service when they approach the 20mohm IR. Having seen batteries showing 1 cell going bad is my cue to replace. Not going to have another bird drop from that. Sorry if pics are rotated. Using iPhone

Reactions: Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval