Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tracking a kite with the wizard!

Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother is an avid kite flyer. This weekend we are in Hull in Yorkshire UK and plan on attempting to film him from the kites POV by attaching the wizard to the kite!!!

I have studied the Yuneec videos for using the tracking facility of the wizard/Typhoon H when its in smart mode.

My question is this, the H will as we all know track a 'wizard' in two dimensions. Will it track my brothers kite as it changes altitude?

I am sure someone has done something similar with RC aircraft filming etc but would like any advice before I try this.

Thank you all in advance

Mark (UK)

Wizard-Altitude.JPG

As indicated, you can activate the Altitude Follow function. Notice that the LED blinks slowly when the function is activated.

One of our Mods intends to try that using a glider, but I don't know if he has tried it yet.
Good luck, I hope the string does not break. Need a big open area.

Reactions: mcbutler
Following this with interest, please share the outcome! Thought about trying it with my Spaniel, but he might just keep running!

This was done using a Chroma quad and Wizard, putting the Wizard on an RC plane. It's shown in one of the Flite Test videos on You Tube.

Reactions: mcbutler
You'll have to do some You Tube searching. Try Flite Test-Chroma and see what pops up. This being using the Wizard to act as the followed target on another aircraft. A kite would work the same way, and track altitude. The altitude tracking is something the H does quite well.

You'll have to do some You Tube searching. Try Flite Test-Chroma and see what pops up. This being using the Wizard to act as the followed target on another aircraft. A kite would work the same way, and track altitude. The altitude tracking is something the H does quite well.
Hi Pat,
At what point do you select 'altitude tracking'? is it before or after selecting the track option via the central button??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval