Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Trouble binding the drone / installing firmware

JLR

Reaction score
Got a drone last night and haven't been able to bind it properly. After following the steps in all the guides and videos I've seen, once it finds and connects to the drone I don't get a live preview of the camera on the app landing page. Drone doesn't take off or do anything either. When trying to upgrade the firmware, a message appears that says that the drone has insufficient battery to upgrade, even with a brand new charged battery installed.

Do I have a faulty drone or is it just problems with the connection?

Reactions: Melvin
Mine was able to bind until the upgrade as well on my iPhone and iPad. After, no such luck. Cannot get through to support all day and I was wondering how to do anything if you can't bind, there is no "master reset" that I know of.

I have a theory that it was the upgrade that caused all of our problems. With 2.4ghz wifi the iPad or iPhone could bind with the Breeze. Now that we have upgraded the Breeze to 5GHz wifi it can no longer bind and we're screwed until we buy a new iPad or iPhone that supports 5GHz. My advice is don't upgrade as this has been a costly mistake.

Got a drone last night and haven't been able to bind it properly. After following the steps in all the guides and videos I've seen, once it finds and connects to the drone I don't get a live preview of the camera on the app landing page. Drone doesn't take off or do anything either. When trying to upgrade the firmware, a message appears that says that the drone has insufficient battery to upgrade, even with a brand new charged battery installed.

Do I have a faulty drone or is it just problems with the connection?

Is there any solution for this now?

Called support and apparently the issue is with the app and not the drone. They said they were working on a fix but have no deadline they can give out. They were hoping by end of week this week but that clearly didn't happen. I'm hoping for it to be fixed by some point next week. After spending so much money on it I still haven't been able to fly my Christmas drone :/

The frustrations! I feel you.. i opened mine today and the same thing happened.. even when i tried to calibrate it keeps telling me insufficient battery.. iam returning mine and have it replaced.. ill see if it will happen again..

I'm surprised and glad you got a replacement! They refused to give me one cuz they said the issue was with the app so no go on a working drone.

Mine has now started to bind. I thought I'd changed the password on my drone when I changed its' name but apparently not. It's' still 1234567890. Now off to a park for its' maiden flight. Hope everybody's problems are solved soon.

Can someone tell me what version the firmware update installs? When I tell the app to find the update, it says there is no update so I'm wondering if I already have the correct version since I just bought mine today. I know it probably should also need a firmware update but I don't know why it says it can't find one. It's definitely connected to the app.

I didn't do the firmware update and was able to fly okay yesterday. It's still a little sketchy connecting but it did work three times out of the five or six I tried to bind. I went into my wifi advanced settings and changed it to 5 ghz only (rather than automatic or the 2. option)

Then I had to turn the phone off and on again to get it to bind but it did it successfully three times in a row. I have a Nexus 6 android. Hope this helps anybody. Video pictures great color btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech