Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Twitchy "H" AND landing gear

Reaction score
Hi Pilots!
Today I first time flu our second "H" (pro, RS), latest firmware! Compass calibration done!
Weather perfect. 2 m/s. 5/8 overcast.

Landing gear: T/O and hovering in 3 meters...gear up...no joy. Left leg moved about 3 cm, right leg not at all. It needed 3 or more attempts to get it finally up! All other attempts worked with no problems. Will try tomorrow again and see!
Brand new "H" - did anybody of you experienced the same?

Twitchy: many of you talking about this. Ok. What I observed is following.
In turtle mode, even with very sensibel stick movements the H is really twitching! As further I higher the speed in direction rabbit, the less the twitchy reaction. Basically after a 5th of the way to rabbit twitching is gone. On both of our H's same.

Something else: Shall I call it twitching? Take off in turtle/angle/OA off! The H (ours) will lift off up to about 15 cm and then jumps about 10 cm up and then continues the climb normal. This reaction cannot be observed with higher speed selected. I am not nervous on the left stick. Did you made the same experience/observation?
Just waiting for any reply on this!
Cheers and cya!

The landing gear sounds faulty...i wouldn't be happy with that due to the potential damage if they dont come down.

The rest doesnt sound too normal and i would be keen to return it and get a replacement...it should be rock solid in those conditions!

Hi R12NDS! Thanks for the fast reply!
The landing gear: first flight, first attempt to lift it. Never again after about 6-7 ups and downs!
Twitching: At 3 meters it was hovering rock solid, in 50 meters, where it was quit gusty - rock solid.
I just was testing the twitchy-issue. Because everybody is talking about it. Twitchy at lowest speed, less on higher.
The gear I will test again tomorrow and possibly get in contact with Yuneec.

If its solid at 3 metres and 50 metres, its probably fine. The gear servos may have just needed a first click if they were initially mis-aligned...may be fine now.

Forums are good, but sometimes you can look for things that arent really there...if your machine feels ok, it probably is! ;-)

Yes! You must be right!
Cycled the gear 6 times a few minutes ago!
No strange sound, no strange movement! Soft and sound!
And in case of forums...maybe. But isn't a copter not also your child? Sorrows, and more sorrows...even there is no reason at all...:):):) At the end it's an high investment!
Thanks!
Try tomorrow again in air and get back to you...cya

None of this tech is perfect, no matter what you spend. The H is a fantastic entry level commercial drone...but it does have off days.

Calibrate it. Pre-flight check. Don't crash it. Trust it...you should be fine! ;-)

Well, I have several hundred hours on Ascending Technologies Falcon 8. And we had problems with it after a short time. That copter costs nacked 12 times more (2013) without extras, but got less features then the H. Pre-flight checklist and all the rest is daily business. I like technical tools which are always in a good condition and due to that save. No surprises please! That's why :) The H is an affortable copter and very useful for business and I love it - even it got still many "childhood diseases".

twitches like **** from new, turn gps off smooth as butter, tried all sorts to cure it and Yuneec not showing any enthusiasm for sorting it out !!

When shipped, the H is resting on extended gear legs. Any of the abuse the box experiences in shipping is telegraphed to the landing gear. That shipping abuse has the ability to disturb the position of the gear in the gear well, mis-aligning the contacts a little. It's not a bad idea after receiving a new H to roll it over on its back and cycle the gear a few times to see how they work. If they seem reluctant it's a simple matter too remove the screws that secure them and slide the gear out to clean the electrical contacts. Re-install the gear and replace the set screw and repeat the inverted gear cycling.

I am experiencing the same twitch. When I barely touch right stick forward GPS on and in angle OA Off, she lunges at a hard angle and then stabilizes back to a slower movement. Not sure what to make of it. Smooth as could be without GPS. Very Odd. Anybody have any luck resolving this?

I find the slight twitchiness doesn't show up on video, but if you're looking for really smooth transitions use the D pads.
This video may help

Last edited:
Reactions: crazeebiker
I am experiencing the same twitch. When I barely touch right stick forward GPS on and in angle OA Off, she lunges at a hard angle and then stabilizes back to a slower movement. Not sure what to make of it. Smooth as could be without GPS. Very Odd. Anybody have any luck resolving this?

its bloody annoying isnt it !!??.....I have tried every kind of curve fiddling and stick adjustment and it is smooth as butter with no GPS which suggests it is either firmware settings or the actual GPS itself, whatever it is it needs sorting but I am not holding my breath that Yuneec will ever :

1. confirm it is actually happening to some of us
2. actually sort the problem out

As already said, the gimbal easily sorts the footage out OK, its just annoying to see it fly this way when others have a buttery smooth flight experience !!

its bloody annoying isnt it !!??.....I have tried every kind of curve fiddling and stick adjustment and it is smooth as butter with no GPS which suggests it is either firmware settings or the actual GPS itself, whatever it is it needs sorting but I am not holding my breath that Yuneec will ever :

1. confirm it is actually happening to some of us
2. actually sort the problem out

As already said, the gimbal easily sorts the footage out OK, its just annoying to see it fly this way when others have a buttery smooth flight experience !!

It's not going to be improved. This has been hashed out many times. The H has a minimum pitch/roll angle built in and there's nothing that can be done about it. Nothing can be fine tuned better than Arducopter. It is what it is.
Of firmware and "twitchy" birds

The H flies just fine. Yea, it lunges a little at times. None of it shows up in the video though as the gimbal does a fantastic job of keeping the camera level. As for being an investment, I have yet to see a used RC model sell for more than what was originally paid it. Most of them lose >50% of their value when they leave the seller's floor.

It's not going to be improved. This has been hashed out many times. The H has a minimum pitch/roll angle built in and there's nothing that can be done about it. Nothing can be fine tuned better than Arducopter. It is what it is.
Of firmware and "twitchy" birds
Nice to see a fellow APM user here. If I could just take the features of APM2 and Flightplanner and make them work with H hardware and groundstation....

Nice to see a fellow APM user here. If I could just take the features of APM2 and Flightplanner and make them work with H hardware and groundstation....
So why can't they change the PID settings in an update in the future? I don't understand why this would be such an issue to fix to make GPS flight a bit smoother?

The H flies just fine. Yea, it lunges a little at times. None of it shows up in the video though as the gimbal does a fantastic job of keeping the camera level. As for being an investment, I have yet to see a used RC model sell for more than what was originally paid it. Most of them lose >50% of their value when they leave the seller's floor.
I don't think anyone will disagree, she is not a bad flying bird, but the lurch issue in slow flight with GPS on is more than just occasional, and would/should be easily fixable with a few tweaks to the control settings. Meh, it is good enough??? That is frustrating, Why make it better? For what the H cost, we should be able to expect a bit more, even if it lost half its value the moment we opened the box.... Just my humble opinion. Looks bad to have a client watch me take off and lurch forward the way it does, makes the pilot look sloppy on the controls...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430