Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two batteries?

Hi, anyone who has tried and done experiment with two batteris in the "H" or used a battery with much higher capacity in order to increase flightime drastically?
Second Q; How can this drone fly, as the claim, 35km and up to 55minutes? Airbornedrones long range flight systems with Direct Vision Feed
The price tag on that drone is $40,000. You would need to ask them the question.
As far as using two batteries on the H, I have heard reports of someone trying it by removing the camera and it only added about 5 minutes of flight time. When these things are designed every aspect of weight, power, aerodynamics and cost determine the final outcome. Trying to add a battery changes everything in that process.
I have seen a post regarding the use of a higher mAh battery but it only increased the flight time by 1 minute.

Every additional gram requires additional power to fly it so larger batteries can provide more flight time but we quickly encounter a point of diminishing returns. I've done this experiment with custom rigs many, many times. Find a battery that provides a relatively decent flight time and stick with it. I think Yuneec has already accomplished that with what is provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw these drones at droneshowuk in Birmingham, late 2016, very impressive and very large.
They bear no relation to the H or anything like it

I saw these drones at droneshowuk in Birmingham, late 2016, very impressive and very large.
Hi, but how can the fly such a long time? The relation beween weight and battery capacity should be about the same as a "H"? I will write them and ask!

As I remember they had several batteries in a ring formation. Like I said, nothing like the drones we use, these things start at £20k

As I remember they had several batteries in a ring formation. Like I said, nothing like the drones we use, these things start at £20k
Hi I got a really quick response from Airbornedrones. Obviously Its not only about battery capacity and drone weight. They wrote:

HI Björn
Drone flight time is dictated by weight over amps from energy source your standard systems draw about 15amps per motor ours draw about 3amps
The 44 000 mah battery vs the 6000mah battery you get in Yuneec also helps alot please call during working hours and we can educate you
Their are power rules putting bigger batteries on wrong size motor and prop configuartions wont work either.
Our engineers love to share knowledge so give us a call and ask to speak to John

Regards
John

Hi I got a really quick response from Airbornedrones. Obviously Its not only about battery capacity and drone weight. They wrote:

HI Björn
Drone flight time is dictated by weight over amps from energy source your standard systems draw about 15amps per motor ours draw about 3amps
The 44 000 mah battery vs the 6000mah battery you get in Yuneec also helps alot please call during working hours and we can educate you
Their are power rules putting bigger batteries on wrong size motor and prop configuartions wont work either.
Our engineers love to share knowledge so give us a call and ask to speak to John

Regards
John
I would talk to them, they are a full step ahead of the recreational drone market, halfway between military and recreational I would say.
They know their S__t, so pick their brains.
The drones are very impressive visually, 8 props on 4 arms, 2 props per arm working onr=e above and one below each arm. Think about that in engineering terms. The top prop forces air down into the lower prop. The loe=wer prop recei ves accelarated air which theoretically boosts its own output considerably.

It's called an X-8, a pretty common configuration for those that lift weight or prefer maximum stability in a windy environment. They are not a new design thing. I've been flying one for almost 3 years. They are not as efficient as a quad but provide considerably more benefits in other areas. If you would like to see a very large X-8, go here:
The drone under it has a 10' wingspan...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88taixiucom