Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tyhoon h antenna

Has anybody done the 4th antenna update? ..... (the 2nd 5.8 internal) if so what location do we put it....?
When i was looking at the schematics awhile back of that 4th antenna, it looked like its only use was for connection to wifi. I may be wrong but bringing it to the outside doesnt really make any difference in my opinion.

Last edited:
^^ Exactly. That 4th antenna is only for the WiFi connection. Best to leave it where it is and avoid adding unnecessary clutter to the outside of the ST16.

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
The 3rd antenna upgrade is definatley worth the upgrade. I was going to get the realsense but missed out on the $299 special they were having. Cant justify the $599 price now, however if it goes down again to that price, ill get it.
I got my Real Sense for $299. I also got my standard H on clearance brand new for $999. So for $1,300 I basically got a Pro sans the 3rd antenna, and because I saved a lot of money I got another battery and a backpack for it.

I would have never bought the Real Sense if I had to pay full price.

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
About the ST16. Am I the only one in the world that just took the 4 antennas from the 2 wifi modules(2.4 control/telemetry and 5G video respectively) and put them all on top as two panel(alfa type) and two ordinary dipoles a little longer than stock ? It cost me about 50 bucks, and gives me the diversity I need. I never seen mentioned here the second internal antenna for the video. After I tried some different configurations, I end up with a setup that gives me good directional range plus coverage in all directions at closer range. And it looks good, too. It's in my car right now, but I can post a picture later, if anyone is interested.
And if you think that's crowded, take a look at the Falcore drone f.ex.. 5 dipoles just for video. 2 more for control. Exceptional HD video from all directions with stock antennas, but if you need more range/dB you need panels of course. And then I recommend paying for quality not a name or a fashion. You get better results for your money then. Not naming any names here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windluv
ITELITE was here...
obviously - but there are alternatives for people with individual thoughts :)
Steve please let it fly!

I've tried a few different antennas on the ST16 but I left the internal 5.8GHz antenna in place. I believe only the antenna with the strongest received signal is used. If you use a directional antenna and turn the controller in a different direction, the internal one may get the best signal so the RF board would switch to the internal. If that is the way it operates then there isn't much advantage in adding the second 5.8 antenna.

About the ST16. Am I the only one in the world that just took the 4 antennas from the 2 wifi modules(2.4 control/telemetry and 5G video respectively) and put them all on top as two panel(alfa type) and two ordinary dipoles a little longer than stock ? It cost me about 50 bucks, and gives me the diversity I need. I never seen mentioned here the second internal antenna for the video. After I tried some different configurations, I end up with a setup that gives me good directional range plus coverage in all directions at closer range. And it looks good, too. It's in my car right now, but I can post a picture later, if anyone is interested.
And if you think that's crowded, take a look at the Falcore drone f.ex.. 5 dipoles just for video. 2 more for control. Exceptional HD video from all directions with stock antennas, but if you need more range/dB you need panels of course. And then I recommend paying for quality not a name or a fashion. You get better results for your money then. Not naming any names here.

Any pics on the 4 Antenna looks....... I updated my 3 ST16s all to the + models with 3 antenna 2- 2.4Ghz and 1- 5.8 I also was thinking about updating the other #4 antenna so all are external 2- 2.4ghz on each end and the 2 5.8 equally spaced in the middle........ for max coverage................ I would love to see a few pics on this

Reactions: Windluv
So what about the extended double antenna they sell in China? are they any help?
Those appear to be 2.4 GHz antennas so they would only work for control and telemetry. They won't help with video which tends to be the weakest signal.

Yes, and in the EU they dumb down the signal strength even more. I wish there was some way to crank it back up a notch.

My EU H seems to fly just as far out as USA ones.
Using only standard equipment.

Antenna VLOS is important of course. More power and/or better antennae helps only a tiny bit if this is not kept in mind. Not pointing the flat antenna in direction of H makes one loose video sooner. Pointing the top of whip antennae to H makes one loose control and telemetry connectivity sooner too.

As I stated on another thread, I know the wifi routers we use in the EU have been tweeked to emit only 100 mw effective radiated power. In the US the permited level is 1000 mw EIRP. I have, in the past had the guts of my router messed with and managed to get about 30% greater range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio