Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon Foibles (if any)

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here, currently a DJI flyer.

I was at the Drone Show yesterday and was impressed by the Yuneec range, their UK support and repair centre seems pretty decent too (unlike DJI).

The Typhoon seems really good value for money so I'm looking at possibly getting one of these when I get my CAA permission through. I also hear a rumour there is something coming out next year which will blow DJI out of the water (I'm guessing at a new camera?) so this is holding my interest in them.

Dave

I'm in the same exact boat as you Dave...and had the same discussion at the UK drone show about the 'new camera', so will be interested to hear the views and experiences of Typhoon H owners on this forum.

From web research, it seems that the CCC mode is more primitive than DJI's capabilities (esp when you consider Litchi etc) but on the flip-side has the ability to manually control the camera gimbal in global mode with a single control stick. You'll see my other thread trying to find out more (waypoint mode flying is really important for me)

I'm in the same exact boat as you Dave...and had the same discussion at the UK drone show about the 'new camera', so will be interested to hear the views and experiences of Typhoon H owners on this forum.

From web research, it seems that the CCC mode is more primitive than DJI's capabilities (esp when you consider Litchi etc) but on the flip-side has the ability to manually control the camera gimbal in global mode with a single control stick. You'll see my other thread trying to find out more (waypoint mode flying is really important for me)

Yep, it does seem they're behind a bit but I'm trying not to lose sight of their customer service and value for money, I could do without a few 'features' for that! Ultimately all I want is a drone with a really good camera on it!

I've just spotted that the current camera won't go below 1/30th. That's killed it for me, will wait for a camera update!

Hi all, I'm new here, currently a DJI flyer.

I was at the Drone Show yesterday and was impressed by the Yuneec range, their UK support and repair centre seems pretty decent too (unlike DJI).

The Typhoon seems really good value for money so I'm looking at possibly getting one of these when I get my CAA permission through. I also hear a rumour there is something coming out next year which will blow DJI out of the water (I'm guessing at a new camera?) so this is holding my interest in them.

Dave

Dave, if you use the Search function (the small magnifying glass at the top right of page) you'll find the member reports of problems, etc.

Also, I invite you to join the Phantom Forum, a sister forum to this one, if you do not already belong.
DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Reactions: David Hopley
Dave, if you use the Search function (the small magnifying glass at the top right of page) you'll find the member reports of problems, etc.

Also, I invite you to join the Phantom Forum, a sister forum to this one, if you do not already belong.
DJI Phantom Drone Forum
Thank you Rayray, I think I've signed up on your sister forum but not posted anything there.

EDIT: I've done a search and it throws up loads of results and it's hard to tell if there are any recurring common issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me