Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon G GoPro to 4K conversion?

Reaction score
I just got a smokin deal on a new typhoon G with the gopro gimbal. The gopro works well, but I'm not a big fan of the fisheye lens affect. Is it possible to buy the gimbal & 4K camera and simply swap it out to make it the typhoon 4k version?

I believe your best bet (if you are in the USA) is to purchase the refurbished actioncam for 299 directly from Yuneec.
I am thinking about it.

You may want to also shop for a full Q500 4k. They occasionally go on sale for not that much more than the camera, and you get a spare transmitter, battery, charger, props.. etc. I picked a refurb one up off of Woot last week for $400 (deal is since expired.) I think they later had the action cam (grip and CG03) for $230ish.

If your GoPro is a Hero 4 black or silver gopro has an update that will take out the fish eye. It called liner mode I think and works great.

They use the same remote. You will need to bind to the Camera/gimbal. The fpv transmitter on the quad is not used and can be removed.

Thanks river run, so does this mean that the transmitter for the go pro is like a secondary transmitter on the copter which can be used or not used depending on if you want to use the 4k or the gopro?

Yes, the CGO camera gimbals have wifi video transmitters built in. The external transmitter for the gopro is just a video transmitter. The transceiver for flying the copter is all inside the body.

Wow! That's it, I'm getting the typhoon G with 4k camera bundle from bestbuy. Thank you so much for all your quick responses. Really appreciate it

Woot had a deal a few weeks ago on the Camera/gimbal, steady grip and case for $215. It will probably come up again if you wait.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. It's just that here in canada, once you open the box there's no turning back :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio