Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Typhoon G

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keith Millspaugh, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Keith Millspaugh

Is anyone having a problem getting their GoPro to record video through the RC? On the typhoon G model

2. Subtle Shots

You have to manually start it before flight.
    Do NOT use Wi-Fi to start recordings. ( the dreaded fly away issue!)

3. Keith Millspaugh

Yes, just got in contact with Yuneec. GoPro would not sell Yuneec the encoding rights to the camera therefore the RC will never be functional for taking video or stills. Thanks for getting back!

4. Subtle Shots

Thanks for the info on go broke cameras...
    I was wondering why the crack team of engineering at yuneec didn't even get the code to power the go broke from the q500 power. They did such an outstanding job on the proprietary 4K camera that I was hoping to be a go broke fan boy if it was as controllable.
    I bought the typhoonQ to use narrow view in 4K mode....no such luck...only wide and superview in 4K and super fisheye!!!!
    At least its not as fisheye as the SONY 4k x1000v true 170 degrees with no options other than to replace the lens.....live and learn I guess.. :*(

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ Administrator
    Staff Member

The Phantom is the same way except for the power part as the P2 powers the GP.
    When using my GP I often use the video/photo mode where it snaps a pic every 5 seconds (adjustable) while it is recording video.

dirkclod likes this.