Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Advanced vs Phantom 4

Well I had to watch it a second time and we all see what we want to see and here.

He praised both drones on different features and stating comparison facts.

Ya'll have to just admit it's not the DJI killer you hoped for and suck it up, Yuneec's got some work to do
in the firmware and software department for sure.

I have fun flying the H because it is a looker, but for serous work I have to revert to my Phantom.

Captain you have too good a eyes. Yuneec is gaining on DJI in market share, third party apps soon also. IMHO our Hex is better than yours Hahaha.

Captain you have too good a eyes. Yuneec is gaining on DJI in market share, third party apps soon also. IMHO our Hex is better than yours Hahaha.
Ha ha... my wife would tell you I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. :)

You're right about Yuneec gaining in market share and popularity. At one time there was only DJI and hardly anyone bothered to compare a Phantom against a Q500 because it was considered a toy. The "H" is a much more respectable comparison... and does some things better than a P3 or P4, yet many reviewers ignore that.

He said in the video he got the H out to 5800 feet LOL, I think he meant 1580 feet before he lost it. o_O

Another comparison....

So he mentions right away that the H does not come bound to the ST10 controller! Heck even Yuneec's own customer service told him that??

Well of COURSE NOT it uses the ST16 NOT the ST10! Why would an ST10 controller be bound to it? Seriously! And if that is just a mistake (it was) calling the ST16 an ST10 he is still wrong as the ST16 does come bound to the H out of the box. I never had to bind mine. I seriously doubt Yuneec would tell him that it comes not bound out of the box. BS!

He says for the DJI, you take it out of the box, charge the batteries, do a simple calibration and fly! Great! How is the H different.

I have only used mine around my yard so far but I took mine of of the box, charged the batteries, put the props on and just flew it right away. I have yet to even calibrate anything on in. What is so different there?

You have to do a relativity complex compass calibration??? Really? Yes it is a bit more complex because it has 6 legs and not 4! Of course it will take a tiny bit more effort to calibrate.

The at the end he says you can't adjust the exposure on the ST16 screen? Umm you can't?? I can...
I cannot even tell you how many video comparisons I have seen with the H set to auto. No one recording any serious video keeps the video on auto.

Also comparing the beer coolers? Who cares if the DJI one latches, no one is carrying it around in just that! Everyone gets a case for their drone. it is a shipping container, not a case!!!

See all of the DJI guys just don't know what the **** they are saying in these videos and that is the issue I have. They mention stuff that is not true and fail to mention things that are.

Look DJI's phantom line has been out since 2013. It has had 3 years to grow and for things to be corrected in each model. I bet the Phantom 1 when it first came out had at least as many issues out of the box!

We are at the start of a brand new line of drones so there will be teething issues. There are bugs but Yuneec has been great making any issues right. Will DJI help you like they do? NO!

Software DJI IS way ahead! However that is because the H JUST CAME OUT! Give it a year or so for the 3rd part apps to be written etc... The software that comes with the H is very basic. It gets the job done but needs updates and it will get them, features added etc... Great thing is this is easily achieved through simple software updates so that is all moot!

Hardware wise the H is easily as good or better. Not counting some software issues and bugs the hardware is very very good. Check out Lou Ming's channel, he beats the **** out of his H! The H is stronger in the air, can handle much higher winds with more stability. I don't hear that mentioned.

Once some of the hardware glitches get worked out and the software gets updated it will be easily equal, I fell even better. It will even be superior once the IPS and RealSense modules come out.

I like the Phantoms as far as overall quality except how f-in ugly they are designed. Sorry but they look like a kids toy. Still DJI are far far FAR from perfect! They have issues, they fall out of the air, they run away and they have issues!!! All drones do!

It is the company that is behind it that makes a huge difference and so far no one can compare DJI to Yuneec in support! Yuneec wins!

Last edited:
Demunseed is probably the worst person I have seen when it comes to drones.

This is also the guy who is so creepy when he interviews women. He is always trying to kiss them etc... Weird dude... i:)i

This is also the guy who is so creepy when he interviews women. He is always trying to kiss them etc... Weird dude... i:)i

As a subscriber to his channel I can say that unfortunately his weirdness (speaking and looks) comes from a medical issue (undiagnosed from what he has reported). I think his health continues to get getting worse.

Reactions: QuadBart
As a subscriber to his channel I can say that unfortunately his weirdness (speaking and looks) comes from a medical issue (undiagnosed from what he has reported). I think his health continues to get getting worse.

I have also been subscribed to his channel and enjoyed his videos. Aside from the kissing obsession his stuff is okay. Well until that last video. i:)i

I didn't know he had a medical condition so that is obviously sad. I don't mind the weirdness too much, we are all weird in our own way. He just needs to back off when he interviews women. i:)i

Reactions: QuadBart
Jim said the I1 was his pick for the best drone of 2016, then changed his mind and said it was the P4, then changed his mind yet one more time and said it was a toss up between the P4 and Autel X Star based on price. His final decision is maybe; or, maybe what's in stock at his sponsors shop?

Whether the P4 is better, or not, than the T-H I can't say. Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't. To my untrained eyes, video quality seems to be similar. My decision to buy the T-H was that (1) it has a better profile to be seen in the sky because it's simply bigger and blacker...less chance of loosing sight of it. (2) the integrated 7 inch screen on the controller, and (3) It has the one motor failure redundancy...it ain't gonna fall out of the sky like a Phantom 4 would given a motor failure.

These 3 factors were a deal maker for me. I already own 2 earlier model Phantoms and was a Phantom fanboy until the T-H came along. Until DJI can come up with something in this price bracket that meets these 3 points I'll not purchase another of their products. One last point: DJIs customer services suck, so I suppose that's a point 4.
The reason I choose H is almost same as you, but I still found that the P4 video quality is still better than our H

Stand by what i have said here many many times.. Count me in the "Phantom no-more" club.. The H might not be a DJI killer.. But at least Yuneec service is a DJI killer.. **** Yugo's got better service than DJI's ever did.. ( for the young-ins you'll have to google Yugo automotive) :D

Jim is an alright guy. We just need visual comparison from him. Not just talk.

Reactions: Granpa
Well, Jim Bowers is at it again. He really loves the Phantom 4. In this video he talks about the "flaws" of the Typhoon H. Well, they are not really "flaws", it's just that he is comparing features he is fond of that don't exist on the Typhoon H.... therefore he calls them flaws.

I will admit that the lack of a battery charge indicator (on the battery), and the crazy distortion on the edges of the camera are items Yuneec should have addressed before launch. Also the long pre-flight time of the Typhoon H (waiting for that darn camera to connect) is a bit annoying.

He takes out his therapeutic anger on the passing trains in this video. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements