Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Advanced vs Phantom 4

Yeah someone should go and post a comment. i:)i

I posted a comment that was removed. I also noticed comments made by others criticizing his review were removed as well.....
Hence I unsubscripted as I don't need to see bias reviews on behalf of DJI

Last edited:
I posted a comment that was removed. I also noticed comments made by others criticizing his review were removed as well.....
Hence I subscribed as I don't need to see bias reviews on behalf of DJI

I wrote a long review refuting what he said number by number. It was removed. I kept a copy.
I am all for him, or anyone, having an opinion. It is also his channel and I understand removing comments that are jerks spouting off but to remove comments that are just a difference of opinion or ones that are contrary to his opinion, that is a jerk move.

Reactions: Judgeygx
No there is not a better model H. The next release will just have the RealSense addition for those who wish to pay the extra. As far as this video.......appears to be a well crafted advertisement for DJI, just as his previous video was. He glossed over some key differences and attempted to continually marginalize the H. It was not a comparison, it was a DJI ad.

Same could be said of Demunseeds latest DJI ad.I remember earlier in the year when he didn't even include it in his top 5 due to poor build quality (specifically reports of a ton of motor enclosures getting cracks) and all of a sudden the last few videos it's his favorite and he's disabled comments so you can't call him out.

Hence I unsubscripted as I don't need to see bias reviews on behalf of DJI
Hmmm.... that's not right on his part. If you post a review, which is basicly just an opinion, then you should be open to other's opinions. Perhaps he just doesn't like criticism, in any form, of his opinion.

Same could be said of Demunseeds latest DJI ad.I remember earlier in the year when he didn't even include it in his top 5 due to poor build quality (specifically reports of a ton of motor enclosures getting cracks) and all of a sudden the last few videos it's his favorite and he's disabled comments so you can't call him out.
I guess we'll just have to do our own YouTube "H" reviews. Would be easy for me to do if only I had an "H" with a proper working camera. Yuneec if you're reading this, please send me a working camera soonest (my camera was returned to you for replacement last week).

I guess we'll just have to do our own YouTube "H" reviews. Would be easy for me to do if only I had an "H" with a proper working camera. Yuneec if you're reading this, please send me a working camera soonest (my camera was returned to you for replacement last week).
Heh!
Not a good way to start an opposing review with a broken "H". Kind of like TMI at this point in the conversation.

I have the following DJI products - P4, P4P+, Mavic. I also have the H. DJI can't produce a drone capable of keeping the horizon level and IMHO is one important area the H has over any DJI product. The only plus DJI has at this time is the 20mp camera on the P4P (useless with the tilted horizon issues), the availability of third party apps and a few camera controls. I've been a DJI fan for a while but had to jump ship. Glad I did. Intel RealSense is MUCH better than DJI's obstacle avoidance. If Yuneec would release a 20mp cam for the H they would be a serious contender for the P4P.

Yuneec is coming along. Hope they keep it up!

Well, Jim Bowers is at it again. He really loves the Phantom 4. In this video he talks about the "flaws" of the Typhoon H. Well, they are not really "flaws", it's just that he is comparing features he is fond of that don't exist on the Typhoon H.... therefore he calls them flaws.

I will admit that the lack of a battery charge indicator (on the battery), and the crazy distortion on the edges of the camera are items Yuneec should have addressed before launch. Also the long pre-flight time of the Typhoon H (waiting for that darn camera to connect) is a bit annoying.

He takes out his therapeutic anger on the passing trains in this video. :)

I don't know about the pre-flight time, it seems to take much longer for my P4P to get ready than the H.

I have the following DJI products - P4, P4P+, Mavic. I also have the H. DJI can't produce a drone capable of keeping the horizon level and IMHO is one important area the H has over any DJI product. The only plus DJI has at this time is the 20mp camera on the P4P (useless with the tilted horizon issues), the availability of third party apps and a few camera controls. I've been a DJI fan for a while but had to jump ship. Glad I did. Intel RealSense is MUCH better than DJI's obstacle avoidance. If Yuneec would release a 20mp cam for the H they would be a serious contender for the P4P.

Yuneec is coming along. Hope they keep it up!

Ha, that is funny! I use most of the popular drones on my YouTube channel and still am a long time DJI fan. Your comment is very true about DJI and getting a level horizon 100% of the time. Some days the horizon is level and others you pretty much have to manually adjust the camera mid flight. I don't believe I have had (to date) a horizon issue with the Typhoon H. DJI is far more advanced than any other drone company, but the level horizon issue is like a "common cold" for them. They can't find a cure so all DJI product owners have to live with it.

Have both the H and the P4 Pro, The H seems to fly better IMHO less erratic. However the P4 Pro camera is just vastly superior, especially in the dynamic range department, actual details is not that different in slow 4k footage but does make a big difference on stills. The H is also a lot easier to use when doing anything a bit technical with the camera and bird at the same time as the 360 gimbal makes things a lot easier.

Follow me, watch me etc don't really interest me to much as not that narcissistic

As mentioned before would love a H but with a better camera.

Holding onto my H at the moment, but not for to long "Yuneec"

Reactions: Drone_Video
Have both the H and the P4 Pro, The H seems to fly better IMHO less erratic. However the P4 Pro camera is just vastly superior, especially in the dynamic range department, actual details is not that different in slow 4k footage but does make a big difference on stills. The H is also a lot easier to use when doing anything a bit technical with the camera and bird at the same time as the 360 gimbal makes things a lot easier.

Follow me, watch me etc don't really interest me to much as not that narcissistic

As mentioned before would love a H but with a better camera.

Holding onto my H at the moment, but not for to long "Yuneec"
Yuneec told me to look for the CGO-CI around June. Just hope it's not $1500 like the CGO4.

the CGO-Ci is for the new industrial H still the same sensor just different lens, so still not there yet.

My H is back to Yuneec for the third time with a realsense issue. Must say they do seem to have a few QA issues, but mught be just my bad luck though this is the second unit I have had.

What happens to a DJI phantom when you get a phone call in the middle of a flight?

Do you answer the call if it is your 72 year old mom?

Here is my testimony.

I had a wad of cash, and had my pick of a DJI or a Typhoon.

I did price and feature comparisons.

I saved a ton of cash on buying a standard typhoon (on sale) and the RealSense was on sale and installed it.

I think in many aspects the Typhoon is better.

DJI deserves praise too.

They have an advantage being that they have developed their drones longer over time, and have nice features too, but the features are comparable to each other. DJI's software has had more development time, but Yuneec offers a lot of the same features.

I think they are comparable.

I think it is Android vs. Iphone.

If you are someone like me, an IT guy, you want the H because it is more customizable, and upgradeable. Yuneec designed it that way with an eye to the future and long term build of the drone.

You are seeing some things now like Camera options, and release of the SDK, and apps available for it.

My opinion might be biased, but comparing a Pro H, and Pro Phantom for costs, and features when you throw in the upgradeable and customizable nature of an and the cost of having to add in a tablet or use your smart phone on a DJI, means H leaves the Phantom just a bit lacking.

But Phantoms are great drones. And as a drone pilot we are lucky to have Yuneec and DJI competing against each other as well as someone like Autel.

But just looking at Potential, I think Yuneec has the better potential over the long term..especially if they continue to offer quality support R & D, and continue to make improve their drone.

DJI is not going anywhere, and you can always buy one of those and be like everyone else, buy why?

Be Yuneec.

LOL..

Seriously any Drone pilot would be happy with either. So choose wisely.

Last edited:
Hands free and answer it no problem. Though the chances of a call from my mother are slim unless there is a ouija board app

Hands free and answer it no problem. Though the chances of a call from my mother are slim unless there is a ouija board app
I've heard of Phantom fans wrecking their drones while being distracted talking on the phone or getting a text in the middle of a flight.

I did not want my phone or tablet tied up while flying a drone. Separate the technologies is a better plan.

I turn my phone off when I am flying. I don't want calls or messages while I am doing something I need to concentrate on.

I've heard of Phantom fans wrecking their drones while being distracted talking on the phone or getting a text in the middle of a flight.

I did not want my phone or tablet tied up while flying a drone. Separate the technologies is a better plan.

I turn my phone off when I am flying. I don't want calls or messages while I am doing something I need to concentrate on.
When I fly my Phantom I use my smart 'phone, as you do. But I put my 'phone into blocking mode to prevent any calls or texts coming in during the flight.

(by the way, if not on a commercial job I use my TH and Phantom in turn. For the Phantom I use my 'phone as outlined above, but if I'm flying the TH, the 'phone is turned off)

Reactions: Tree

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430