Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Antenna questions

Reaction score
Fellow pilots, hoping someone can steer me in the right direction regarding updating my reception, which seems to be marginal at best. I actually have 2 questions.
1. I fly the original H with the 2 antennas on the controller. I do a lot of high altitude (400') flying mainly of the community over flight type. I get a lot of signal break-up (or loss) either way so I'm looking for a good solution to strengthening both my H control and camera signal strength. I see products out there that mount either on the H or controller and would like some input as to which update is the best. Thanks,

2. I see the new controller for the H "Pro" comes with an additional antenna. I've read that the 2nd antenna is really the only change Yuneec made for the Pro controller. Can someone verify that for me please? Is that something I could do that would help with my signal problem.

Thanks in advance Droneman

Look at FPVLR antennas for the transmitter.
Thanks, They are what I'm focused on at the moment. Interesting, I see a lot of reports that indicate that pilots have either really good reports or very bad reports on them. Reading further I also see some people report that the antennas seem loose and turn freely once mounted and it's necessary to remove a washer on the mounting hardware on the ST 16 to tighten them into place. Sounds like the thing to do to me. Thanks for your advice.

Thanks, They are what I'm focused on at the moment. Interesting, I see a lot of reports that indicate that pilots have either really good reports or very bad reports on them. Reading further I also see some people report that the antennas seem loose and turn freely once mounted and it's necessary to remove a washer on the mounting hardware on the ST 16 to tighten them into place. Sounds like the thing to do to me. Thanks for your advice.
When you fit the FPVLR antenna you can do one of two things to make them fit tightly and not 'spin'.
1. remove the small brass washer that is in place on the ST16 beneath the nut holding the antenna connector in place.
2. File a small amount of metal away from the end of the screw on connector of the FPVLR and I mean a SMALL amount i.e. wipe with emery tape, try the fit, wipe again and continue.
Might be worth checking with FPVLR regards warranty if you start sanding.

When you fit the FPVLR antenna you can do one of two things to make them fit tightly and not 'spin'.
1. remove the small brass washer that is in place on the ST16 beneath the nut holding the antenna connector in place.
2. File a small amount of metal away from the end of the screw on connector of the FPVLR and I mean a SMALL amount i.e. wipe with emery tape, try the fit, wipe again and continue.
Might be worth checking with FPVLR regards warranty if you start sanding.
Thanks, this is very helpful. Appreciate your input and all of the reply's I receive. You guys are the best. FPVLR seems like the way to go.
Since I posted this antenna question I attempted to update my "H" with the new updates posted on Yuneec web site. Now, my ST 16 shows the updates are there but it has rendered both of my Hs useless because my ST16 can not find either of my Hs. Says "No Typhoon H available." Plan to speak with Yuneec USCS today. What a mess.

You need to re-bind the THs to your ST16s. To do that, place the TH on a level surface and turn it on. After it powers up, tilt it back on the landing legs until the nose points at least 45 degrees up, then lower it again. This has to be done fairly quickly. After doing that three times in succession, you should get a yellow blinking light on the TH body indicating that it is in binding mode. You should now see it in the binding screen on the ST16.

You need to re-bind the THs to your ST16s. To do that, place the TH on a level surface and turn it on. After it powers up, tilt it back on the landing legs until the nose points at least 45 degrees up, then lower it again. This has to be done fairly quickly. After doing that three times in succession, you should get a yellow blinking light on the TH body indicating that it is in binding mode. You should now see it in the binding screen on the ST16.

I believe you meant to tip it forward 45 degrees not back. The noise should point down, not up to bind it.

Reactions: Rayray
I believe you meant to tip it forward 45 degrees not back. The noise should point down, not up to bind it.

Ha, very true. Half the time I forget and do it wrong, but when I don't get the "flutter" light I do it the right way. Live and learn.

Reactions: Jester
My bad, I wrote that from memory.

But I'm pretty sure that's how I did the rebinding after the firmware update, so in practice it may not matter if you tilt it up or down. But yes, better safe than sorry and follow the instructions!

My bad, I wrote that from memory.

But I'm pretty sure that's how I did the rebinding after the firmware update, so in practice it may not matter if you tilt it up or down. But yes, better safe than sorry and follow the instructions!
Ya, I thought you knew the correct way and just kinda typo'd, since you're the one that posted the video for him. I was just correcting you to help him avoid tipping it back until he started tipping drinks back out of frustration.

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly.

Ya, I thought you knew the correct way and just kinda typo'd, since you're the one that posted the video for him. I was just correcting you to help him avoid tipping it back until he started tipping drinks back out of frustration.
Thanks for the update. I appreciate you guys being out there.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate you guys being out there.
So do I. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and has saved me a ton of mistake money. I'm just glad I'm getting to a point of being able to contribute a tad bit, and not just feeling like a one way knowledge thief. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox