Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Typhoon H backpack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jean-Claude Picard, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Jean-Claude Picard

The backpack for Typhoon H, will never be available for it's been discontinued, as stated from B&H New York!

2. Milt

Do they know why? or is something wrong with it? I just received my backpack Monday from Magic city Drones and it looks ok
    to me.

3. Jean-Claude Picard

We don't know why... it's been replace by a soft backpack that would be available by the end of July, there's a picture of it at B&H

4. QuadBart

Received mine too and inspected it. The couple things I noticed when I opened the box is the odor/smell of the pack. Maybe sitting on my porch in near 100 degree temps really made the materials "out gas". But it smelled more like rotten fish. I aired it out for a few hours outside and it doesn't smell nearly as much or at all.

I didn't find anything bad about the pack. Looks well constructed. The only "cheap" thing I saw was they used either black gorilla tape or black duct tape to cover screws on the inside of the bottom half of the pack. Since the H is in its case and won't be contacting those screws its not an issue.

My only thought is if i you use the complete "foam" packaging maybe the HSC of this pack is just redundant. And a less expensive "soft" cover will do just as good a job of protecting it. I'm happy with mine. I guess time will tell!

5. Dave Bromilow

i believe they have discontinued it because it was no good for carry on luggage.

6. soundchemist1

I used the Cabin Max Backpack

7. Jean-Claude Picard

Hello,
    There are 29 models of those backpack, which one would be ideal for the Typhoon H ? They come from England isn't?

8. JCFlippen

I have a Cabin Max Backpack from Amazon UK. Works well but needs some protective material for top of H as the top Yunnec foam does not fit.

9. soundchemist1

10. soundchemist1