Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone have news on when batteries will be available? Seems like the easy part compared to the drone itself. Perhaps I need to 3D print up a frame and get some deans connectors and try to build one. Not sure if there is any "smart" component to the battery, but I doubt it. Has anyone seen a teardown of the battery yet?

Have yet to see a teardown of the battery as of yet,but I do know they are not "Smart" batteries.

Not much to mod the existing charger connector for using a standard LiPo charger.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Yuneec Announces Typhoon H Hexacopter

No need to make a harness; just remove existing wiring inside the H charger and replace. No doubt soon there will be a harness available. There's nothing to it.
by35vXa.png

Not much to mod the existing charger connector for using a standard LiPo charger.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Yuneec Announces Typhoon H Hexacopter

No need to make a harness; just remove existing wiring inside the H charger and replace. No doubt soon there will be a harness available. There's nothing to it.

Right. I would assume the large single blade on the left (of that image) is the ground for the balance plug and the 3 small pins are the single cell test points. But I haven't put a meter on it yet.

Anyone have news on when batteries will be available? Seems like the easy part compared to the drone itself. Perhaps I need to 3D print up a frame and get some deans connectors and try to build one. Not sure if there is any "smart" component to the battery, but I doubt it. Has anyone seen a teardown of the battery yet?
No schematics as of yet, but told by Yuneec, they are "Not" Smart Batteries

Right. I would assume the large single blade on the left (of that image) is the ground for the balance plug and the 3 small pins are the single cell test points. But I haven't put a meter on it yet.
Is it not a 4 cell? Should have 4 pins in that case? Curious!

Yes please. Might save me from tearing mine apart :)

I don't know how much help this will be. The PCB is mounted perpendicular to the charge pins. It sits right up against the battery cells. Due to the density of the cells, this makes a nice landscape view impossible (for this x-ray machine).

5-31-2016 batt4.JPG

As you can see from the image below the whole assembly is shrink wrapped;
5-31-2016 batt8.JPG

Here are some angled shots;

5-31-2016 batt3.JPG

5-31-2016 batt5.JPG

5-31-2016 batt7.JPG

Attachments

• 5-31-2016 batt4.JPG
    5-31-2016 batt4.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 12
Is it not a 4 cell? Should have 4 pins in that case? Curious!

So based on the images that Typhoond posted, it looks like the "deans" connector on one end is not the main battery lead but rather the two vertical blades on either end are the main battery lead (notice the heavy gauge wire). And the 4 pins in the center (3 round and one horizontal blade) are probably the balance leads perhaps.

Again, just speculating, have to check with a meter etc, but, I agree, it is a slightly odd configuration for the balance port.

It does appear that there are some components on that board. I would have thought it was just a junction point for the wiring. It may just be some overload protection on the balance ports or some such thing.

Reactions: DroneClone
I don't know how much help this will be. The PCB is mounted perpendicular to the charge pins. It sits right up against the battery cells. Due to the density of the cells, this makes a nice landscape view impossible (for this x-ray machine).

Sweet thanks!

So based on the images that Typhoond posted, it looks like the "deans" connector on one end is not the main battery lead but rather the two vertical blades on either end are the main battery lead (notice the heavy gauge wire). And the 4 pins in the center (3 round and one horizontal blade) are probably the balance leads perhaps.

Again, just speculating, have to check with a meter etc, but, I agree, it is a slightly odd configuration for the balance port.

It does appear that there are some components on that board. I would have thought it was just a junction point for the wiring. It may just be some overload protection on the balance ports or some such thing.
Good take, kinda what I am thinking too!

There's a post somewhere on the forum where someone numbered the pins on a battery photo. I couldn't find it, but I did find this;

Backpack and batteries received - photos

This thread has a lot of good info as well;

Battery adapter for the Typhoon-H on the way

This is what I went by to make my adapter.

Attachments

• 13325505.jpg
    13325505.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 91
I think what you are looking at is an over under voltage circuit. Much like the nano tech battery by hobby king. It will keep you from over charging and discharging below a safe level. Just a wild guess.

I think what you are looking at is an over under voltage circuit. Much like the nano tech battery by hobby king. It will keep you from over charging and discharging below a safe level. Just a wild guess.

I'll try to remember to bring some of my other batteries to work tomorrow and X-ray them too.

I just got mine in, one thing I noticed right away was how heavy the battery is in comparison to a normal 5000 Ma 4s battery. About 100 gr heavier, or 25% heavier. I know it has a circuitry and a case but that shouldn't add up to 100gr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis