Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery goosed??

Reaction score
20161112_132631.jpg20161112_132651.jpg

So bought the new balance lead for the typhoon h and I got one charge out of it before I get the temp warning and when I check the cells there appears to be more than 4 which may indicate why my H sometime almost behaves drunk in flight, can anyone else maybe shed some Light or Am I better throwing these??

I do not have that charger. On my Hitec charger, I have to tell it how many cells are in the battery, which should be 4. If yours auto detects, then you have a miswire somewhere.

I do not have that charger. On my Hitec charger, I have to tell it how many cells are in the battery, which should be 4. If yours auto detects, then you have a miswire somewhere.
I also have to select 4s but once I've done that and select to charge after 0seconds or 1second I get the temp warning but when I then try to view the cells it shows that which can't be right [emoji22]

Could you please post a picture of that charging wire?
A test you could do, if you have a tester, is to check for right pins. The main wire should bring you the total voltage. Each close pair of the balancer wire should give you the voltage of single cells. If you do it, please be careful not to short the main wire!
Ric

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
A word of caution. Some years ago I bought that brand of charger because it was inexpensive. Several of them in fact. Over the course of a year each of the chargers shorted out, which is why I purchased several of them, each successive charger as a replacement to the previous one that failed.

At the time I was not as diligent with checking battery condition as I am now. During the period I was using those chargers I had more batteries puff or experience cell failure than I ever had before or since. Was the cause the charger? I don't know but after leaving the brand for a higher quality charger I have not experienced those issues again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatR, I can only confirm that chargers matter. I have a Thunder Power 1010C and a couple of Hyperion. All good chargers, but the way they charge batteries are well different. The TP is way more accurate, while the Hyperion take a lot to come to an end. There too there is a firmware ...
At the times of NiMH I noticed even worst differences between chargers, one taking care of them and another destroying it in short time and I'm speaking of high end chargers.

Could you please post a picture of that charging wire?
A test you could do, if you have a tester, is to check for right pins. The main wire should bring you the total voltage. Each close pair of the balancer wire should give you the voltage of single cells. If you do it, please be careful not to short the main wire!
Ric
20161112_152659.jpg20161112_152655.jpg
Two. Pics attached
[emoji106]

A word of caution. Some years ago I bought that brand of charger because it was inexpensive. Several of them in fact. Over the course of a year each of the chargers shorted out, which is why I purchased several of them, each successive charger as a replacement to the previous one that failed.

At the time I was not as diligent with checking battery condition as I am now. During the period I was using those chargers I had more batteries puff or experience cell failure than I ever had before or since. Was the cause the charger? I don't know but after leaving the brand for a higher quality charger I have not experienced those issues again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I. Bought that charger about a year ago from banggood, it's been suggested it may not be the real deal.... Bit It does seem. To balance up my 7.4v 2s batts OK

OK just metered each individual cell and they are all sitting around 3.871v so I suspect my charger or the balance lead, the lead I can send back to my supplier to check it, if that's OK looks like I shall have to invest in a reputable charger [emoji106]thx guys

OK just metered each individual cell and they are all sitting around 3.871v so I suspect my charger or the balance lead, the lead I can send back to my supplier to check it, if that's OK looks like I shall have to invest in a reputable charger [emoji106]thx guys
... or better charging cables ...

Edit: did you check voltage on battery side or cable end?

Great!
About checking voltage I meant on charger side of the charging cable, with battery connected of course, to check continuity and right polarisation, but seems you sorted out the problem.
Ric

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval