Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. shadow2201

So we bought a 2nd battery for the Typhoon H. When I left work last Friday, I left the battery in the drone, but had the drone off. When I got back Monday(today), I plugged the battery into the charger, and the charger's light just blinks green, meaning it's "ready to charge", and then every time I take the battery out of the charger, it goes to the Blue "error" light. Any reason why this is happening? The other battery that we have for the drone charges just fine so I can't believe it's a bad charger.

Note: I did read that if you drain the battery they can be hard to get charged back up, is this true? Anything I can try to get it charging again? I've tried the suggestion of plugging it in via the car charger with no luck.

2. charliehorse

Is the battery being pushed fully down in the charger.
    Sometimes they are a bit stiff especially when new.

abinder likes this.
  3. 1mikeinaz

Never leave battery in drone even with it off it will drain down are you using the stock charger ? Do you have a way to check the cells on the battery ?

4. Mojoe35

Are you putting the battery in the charger before or after you plug in the charger? I read to turn on the charger first, then insert the battery.

abinder likes this.
  5. shadow2201

Answer to charliehorse - Yes, the battery is being pushed all the way in.

Answer to 1mikeinaz - No, I don't have a way to check the cells of the battery.

Answer to Mojoe35, I've tried plugging the battery in before plugging in the charger, and after plugging in the charger, no dice.

6. Hunter_Michael

20160809_104355.jpg Do you have a volt meter? If so you could check the batteries voltage by connecting the + and - pin to the battery. It won't give you each cell but at least can give you an idea of what the battery total voltage is.

#6 Hunter_Michael, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  7. John Ford

I was having the same problem charging a new battery, the green lite bling continually, but tried what charliehorse suggested, pushing the battery fully down in the charger. That was the problem. The red lite is blinking hopefully charging away. Thanks 1931.

Rayray likes this.
  8. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

OK, so how's everything going now ? Flying OK, no problems?