Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO3+ camera has a focus problem. Period.

No one has a focus problem with the CGO3+? All typhoon h owner are pleasant satisfied with the quality?
****, there are a hundred posts of members who's camera sucks, but even more, like myself, that has not a single complaint! Except for the cameras software not allowing it to auto brightness adjust and not having a exposure wheel to adjust manually with ease!;)

No one has a focus problem with the CGO3+? All typhoon h owner are pleasant satisfied with the quality?
Not sure why you ask this. I remember once you wrote that newer Typhoons are getting new camera because of bad lens. I asked EU support about it and was told that there is no problem with camera so they obviously didn't recognized this as issue. Do you have any other news regarding this ?

Over at the German forum they say that the cams auto functions (WB, etc...) seem to have improved. Someone here noticing a difference ?
I rarely use the auto functions but have notice they are improved with the new firmware.

FYI I have been very happy with my H's camera. Maybe because I don't rely on the auto settings.

Also need to mention that having owned several drones over the years I feel the 6 rotors are more stable camera platforms than the 4 rotors, and if you plan to fly under part 107 the added safety of being able to still fly if you (bump a prop into something and it breaks) loose a prop or a motor may make it easier to get a wavier to fly over people if you need to request one. Might be able to talk your insurance company into a break for it as well.

I am now a completely DJI user having returned my TH for a complete refund (VERY happy with my P4), so I almost feel like I'm trolling my own thread. But this evaluation from only a little over a month ago demonstrates how badly Yuneec has blown it with their camera:

I am now a completely DJI user having returned my TH for a complete refund (VERY happy with my P4), so I almost feel like I'm trolling my own thread. But this evaluation from only a little over a month ago demonstrates how badly Yuneec has blown it with their camera:
This is the same rat who flew the H backwards into a tree to prove the OA did not work, ugh, you've ruined my evening by hearing his whiney voice again, good luck with your P4, my H is a dream with it's new camera.

This is the same rat who flew the H backwards into a tree to prove the OA did not work, ugh, you've ruined my evening by hearing his whiney voice again, good luck with your P4, my H is a dream with it's new camera.

Amen on the rattus rattus and his spiel, squeal.

Reactions: abinder
I can assure you I'm not trying to start an argument regarding the 2 platforms. I've stayed completely silent and out of this discussion for many weeks even though this was a thread I started. As a reminder, I was there when Yuneec was 100% silent regarding problems with their cameras as a loyal owner of a TH. But ultimately It cost me over a month of agony and wasted time, I think I've earned the right to occasionally comment on related issues. Good luck with your "new camera", my P4 worked the minute I bought it.

Oh brother. Try understanding how something works and what's included with it before doing a video review on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can assure you I'm not trying to start an argument regarding the 2 platforms. I've stayed completely silent and out of this discussion for many weeks even though this was a thread I started. As a reminder, I was there when Yuneec was 100% silent regarding problems with their cameras as a loyal owner of a TH. But ultimately It cost me over a month of agony and wasted time, I think I've earned the right to occasionally comment on related issues. Good luck with your "new camera", my P4 worked the minute I bought it.
Its's not a personal dig, apologies if it came across as that, that Toms TT guy really gets under my skin when he clearly mis-represents the H, and tries to present his findings as an unbiased review. He has a large stake in continuing selling dji by his referral programme and he is far from unbiased, he is simply a dirty salesman liar, and to see hear his filth faking a fair review boils my blood a little....Like you though I may have found myself in a similar situation and I can understand you were going to get what you expected with the P4, I was just lucky and got a great camera back, and now have it on this super flying machine...peace!

Oh brother. Try understanding how something works and what's included with it before doing a video review on it.
So his observations about bit-rates and FOV are incorrect?

Really, I'm just curious. Not trying to troll...

Its's not a personal dig, apologies if it came across as that, that Toms TT guy really gets under my skin when he clearly mis-represents the H, and tries to present his findings as an unbiased review. He has a large stake in continuing selling dji by his referral programme and he is far from unbiased, he is simply a dirty salesman liar, and to see hear his filth faking a fair review boils my blood a little....Like you though I may have found myself in a similar situation and I can understand you were going to get what you expected with the P4, I was just lucky and got a great camera back, and now have it on this super flying machine...peace!
Got it. Sorry, I frankly didnt take the time to see if he had a marketing bias. That matters, I agree

Reactions: banned user
So his observations about bit-rates and FOV are incorrect?

Really, I'm just curious. Not trying to troll...
yes, along with a lot of other mis-repenseted facts, I started to make a list to post in my original reply but I could not listen to him anymore and stay calm, here is a screen shot from a series of test clips I made in the RAW settings looking a bit rates. I've had a few run at 53-54mbs in Raw too, where I believed it was maxed at 50, apparently not. Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 18.17.46.png

This review is a joke. This "professional" reviews the cameras in AUTO mode. What pro ever films in auto? None, that's who. No credibility with me.

Holy moly, this thread has been going a long time, and has taken a lot of turns and twists.
DJI is the undisputed Big Dog in drones. They have a slick, finished product that flies all over the world, has taken countless great videos in some of the earth's most remote spots.

Yuneec, despite the Intel stake, is a very mixed bag at present. They have had a very poor launch of the H, promises with no delivery, problems with assembly and firmware, little documentation, techs without clue, component failures. They do seem to be trying.

DJI is the Big Dog and acts like it. Try to get them on the phone and give them a "Well-met".
They are the Big Dog, but me, I'm rooting for UNDERDOG...

Reactions: Reasty
I experienced a great launch with Yuneec. They developed and launched a completely new flying platform that has worked flawlessly for me and countless others. Is it perfect, no, but are any of our flying toys perfect? I own just a about every Phantom model there is and I don't recall any of their launches going perfectly either, especially in the beginning, wow, what nightmares we experienced. Yuneec is light years ahead of where DJI was with just their second major product roll out. I know I am having more fun with my H than any other flying device I own. And now with the arrival of the amazing Skyview goggles for the H, I can't find enough time in the day to fly all I want.

My first car was a 1971 Mach 1. Oh the fun I had with that car. Then I got into Chevys. Now it's just pick up trucks, lol.

mustang_mach_1_351_h.o._ram_air_6.jpg

Reactions: AML and Rayray

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcecleaning