Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H CGO3+ camera has a focus problem. Period.

I seriously doubt Yuneec has a service bench set up to refocus or replace the current lens.
No they don't. Yuneec is not the manufacturer of the cameras. They rely on the makers to check that they are in focus during the assembly process but i guess quality control is not a priority to the company that makes theses things. Cannot blame yuneec though as they used this company in good faith. They cannot stop production overnight cause that would mean they could not sell the product without a camera.
It takes time, and i am sure they are working on it. be silly if they didn't because all the bad press from forums will slow down sales.

No they don't. Yuneec is not the manufacturer of the cameras. They rely on the makers to check that they are in focus during the assembly process but i guess quality control is not a priority to the company that makes theses things. Cannot blame yuneec though as they used this company in good faith. They cannot stop production overnight cause that would mean they could not sell the product without a camera.
It takes time, and i am sure they are working on it. be silly if they didn't because all the bad press from forums will slow down sales.

It's Yuneec's job to ensure it's products have met quality standards which it should have clearly detailed to it's supplier.
It's then the suppliers job to adhere to and implement these standards, and Yuneec's job to carry out audits during the manufacturing process to ensure these standards are being met and identify any problems and take action if there is a consistent problem identified. By doing this a quality product can be assured, and this method will cost much less in the life of the product compared to damage to product image, costs of repairs and recalls, and future re-designs.

By your logic that it's not Yuneec's fault because Yuneec's did not check. If in a month or two, motors started failing, and the carbon spars started cracking from cyclic stresses leading to these nice coptors falling outa the sky, it wouldn't be a problem because Yuneec had its motors and carbons parts built in good faith too?

Last edited:
Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Well u just describes DJi perfectly.... P2 wih flyaways... P3 with cracks and motors falling off in flight. and they are thriving.
Its not right but its how things are.
I have not bought my H yet but I will buy one knowing about the camera issues because it has everything i want in a hex. I willbe replacing the lens to even better the video quality cause thats what i need. I am sure in time they will sort it out.

Reactions: banned user
Please keep us posted if yYuneec follows up with you.
They have not. Not on this forum. Not by PM, not by cell and not by email. Nothing. When I talked to their customer rep yesterday, he was professional but had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

I offered my camera as a test case to figure this out, at the risk of being stuck with a dysfunctional camera that I cant return for a refund - if only they would reach out and actually talk to me in some way. They didn't even bother to respond to my post. You would think that the most important thing on their agenda would be to get their hands on an example of an offending camera and examine what is wrong with it and partner with an obviously loyal customer to test solutions. I've made my feelings regarding this excellent UAV well known. Love the H. But nothing. Silence.

That means only 2 things and they are both bad.

1. they don't care all that much about camera problems
2. They are well familiar with the problem anyway and dont care whether my camera dissapears in a retail return cycle because they know darn well what the problem is but are perfectly willing to continue to ship cameras that are defective anyway while they eventually fix the problem.

I'm DONE. My YTH goes back to the retailer tomorrow morning. I may ultimately buy another at some point if I read good things on this forum or elsewhere. In the meantime, I just spent some additional time on the DJI site tonight to see if I can live with that option. At least their camera actually WORKS.

But I no longer believe in this company. At all. What a shame, I love and will miss how this wonderful UAV flies and is controlled.

Its not right but its how things are.
And there in lies the root of the problem. It IS NOT how things are. You buy a new device,if that device does not work as intended you return that device. Throwing more money at it solves nothing in the long run.

Go find examples of how that $150 chinese lens PeauProductions is selling and with a straight face tell us the picture is far better than the stock lens. Fact of the matter is,it is not!

And there in lies the root of the problem. It IS NOT how things are. You buy a new device,if that device does not work as intended you return that device. Throwing more money at it solves nothing in the long run.

My conclusion late today as well. Maybe the new lenses will fix the problem. Maybe not. But the stone cold silence from Yuneec is simply appalling, it leaves their paid customers to argue about what to do to stay loyal to their brand, and ultimately it is THEIR PROBLEM.

As I said in earlier posts: PR problems are nothing to mess with. Yuneec is getting a very big black eye with this. Not good for sales. You'd think they would respond more proactively.

So how do we make our voices heard by Yuneec and get a firm answer from them regarding what they plan to do about the camera issue? The one Yuneec member that shows up now and then appears to be aware of the issue and suggests that its somewhat known internally by the engineers needs to become our liason for Yuneec and keep us in the loop so we don't lose faith en mass. Do we talk to the resellers and ask them to run it up to their distributors? Do we keep emailing Yuneec support? Social media? The more we shout maybe the quicker Yuneec will respond.

Do we talk to the resellers and ask them to run it up to their distributors? Do we keep emailing Yuneec support? Social media? The more we shout maybe the quicker Yuneec will respond.
For whatever its worth: I called my retailer and described how bad the experience was. I also shared with them the RA# so there is a paper trail with Yuneec. I secured a return order and then included the description of the experience with the return. If enough people return thier products retailers will get weary of handling the mess.

Facebook is an effective means to get messages across. Companies use Facebook to sell product, but its a double edged sword. If enough people post with concerns and problems, they might be forced to confront the problem in a more public matter. It depends on how big the company is and how insulated they are from bad PR

I did email support today saying there is a growing concern among H owners regarding camera issues and the negative impact it may have...their reply was to thank me kindly for my concern. I have also been posting to various groups on FB with the same message...please address the camera issues being reported and keep us in the loop....I'm sure my individual posts will get ignored and buried.

For whatever its worth: I called my retailer and described how bad the experience was. I also shared with them the RA# so there is a paper trail with Yuneec. I secured a return order and then included the description of the experience with the return. If enough people return thier products retailers will get weary of handling the mess.

Facebook is an effective means to get messages across. Companies use Facebook to sell product, but its a double edged sword. If enough people post with concerns and problems, they might be forced to confront the problem in a more public matter. It depends on how big the company is and how insulated they are from bad PR
It's tempting, but I read on one post they went an bought 7 of those glass lenses, I can imaging that they are working on fix to this issue but have not yet developed a full end to end solution so they don't want to say something and start to make promises.
A Yuneec rep was on here to make a note that this issue was being passed up chain. I will hold out and give credit to the many stories of the good nature and integrity of this company. My guess is they are overwhelmed by the success of this H model and struggling with new hires etc to keep things as their previous reputation. I'm holding out for them and onto my H for sure.

Go find examples of how that $150 chinese lens PeauProductions is selling and with a straight face tell us the picture is far better than the stock lens. Fact of the matter is,it is not!
I have seen results of the lens. Impressive indeed. And again I will say..... I made the decision to do the lens for no other reason but quality. decided that I will do it as soon as I buy the H. Its a matter of getting the best I can. It has nothing to do with the lens problems but something I planned to do even if the lens was ok. Lets not get bogged down with it. My comments here are to offer options and help to those new to the H. That is why we are here isnt it?
Matters not weather someone spits the dummy and returns the drone, that's their choice. I still believe the H is value for money.

I have seen results of the lens. Impressive indeed. And again I will say..... I made the decision to do the lens for no other reason but quality. decided that I will do it as soon as I buy the H. Its a matter of getting the best I can. It has nothing to do with the lens problems but something I planned to do even if the lens was ok. Lets not get bogged down with it. My comments here are to offer options and help to those new to the H. That is why we are here isnt it?
Matters not weather someone spits the dummy and returns the drone, that's their choice. I still believe the H is value for money.
I wish you luck with your endeavors. :)

Nobody spitting the dummy here. I have a full month of my life into trying to make this work with them. I have repeatedly sung the praises of the product and of the people in support (until the last conversation that went poorly) But ultimately Yuneec has refused to give me ANY assurances that I wont end up with a permanent sense of disappointment regarding the camera. $1300 is too much money for a really cool toy that cant shoot video. I agree that they are undoubtedly working on a solution, and that they are most likely overwhelmed with the success of this product. But they should have had better quality control before they released the product. And then shipping multiple cameras out with the same defect, while insisting on the phone that they were properly inspected and meet specifications is also not good for my trust level with them. I have no way of knowing whether a new glass lens will solve the problem. The only thing I know is that if I try, it will void the warranty and push me past the time when I can return the craft for money back.

If they fix the problem, and then treat their customers well by announcing that they have a solution then I'll buy another one. In the meantime I want my money back. Thats not "spitting the dummy", just common sense.

I think Simon Newton should address the lens issue 'Lens Gate' on his YouTube channel (On The Kitchen Table).
Well that would be really cool if he could do that. I like Simon's style and his videos. However, that would be going against his own best interests I'm afraid.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Jaggies are also the byproduct over sharpening with a rolling shutter. Because the image is scanned line by line rather than a global shutter there is a temporal error induced

Take a look at what a 1080p 120fps video produces. It looks horribly interlaced. Yuneec has not replied back with a response to how bad the videos are turning out and i even provided them with the unedited source video

But as soon as i go into 1080p 60fps there is no issues for me.

I think we have some great examples of camera issues that have been experienced along with some side-by-side comparisons from gopro, the CGO3 and phantom cameras...someone should put together a quick video for youtube ...maybe with more mainstream exposure this issue will be bumped up in priority by yuneec.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech