Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Cold Weather Flying - Temperature Change

I took the Typhoon H out on the weekend for a quick "temperature test".

It was 1 degree Celsius (34 Fahrenheit) outside. With the Typhoon H in its shipping case (in a backpack), I took it from the heated house to the car. Drove 10 minutes to a field. Took it out of the car and placed the backpack in an open field for 30 minutes to acclimatize to the cold temperature.

Here are the results:

I liked watching you catch the Typhoon H, that's what I do as well. It's easier and safer.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
@CAPTAINDRONE so now.. we have an idea on semi-cold weather.. in general though, will cloud cover affect GPS lock? Or is it just better to fly when sky is mostly clear? Have you flown with cloud cover? ... I guess what I'm wondering is can clouds cause interference/cause loss of gps.

A good idea to ck UAV Forecast before you fly. You can fill in info on your UAV, location etc and it will advise if your good to fly. Weather, visibility, Satelite qty etc...Even has Kp info. I use it with my comersial units all the time.

Keep your batteries warm. With my other UAVs', I always place the extra batteries in my pants pocket, or interior coat pocket (larger batteries) This helps with extended flight times in colder weather.

Cheers

Reactions: liqrome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace