Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Crash Impact Damage - Yuneec did a good job - Impressive!

Thanks Capt,Very impressive presentation always spot on.Shoud have mine no later than Thursday,I canceled original March pre order and jumped on one.thanx again and hope your up in the air soon.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Just crashed my H. gust of wind forced it into a tree in a POI setting. Any idea yet on repair cost?View attachment 758
Man that is depressing, but **** happens and it is repairable. The camera looks fine, but the 360 motor looks to be torn off. Legs and arms are no problem replacing as well as body shell. Mine is on the slow "UPS" ride to Yuneec USA... doesn't arrive until Friday. Mine is in for analysis due to the defective battery and defective camera (camera was defective right out of the box).

If I had to guess-timate repair costs considering you have a warranty... $100 - $200 perhaps? (with Yuneec maybe covering the cost of labour). The expensive parts of the drone are the internal circuits and ST16 and camera. Motors, arms, legs, body parts are nothing special. The entire camera gimbal could be costly but you seem to have only damaged the upper half.

Call Yuneec and they will help you out.

Tell Yuneec it lost hold in the wind with GPS locked and they will probably fix it free under warranty! Should be flying in real heavy winds! Especially in Smart Mode!

I actually got the camera back together. Apart from some gimbal bushings missing, it functions perfectly. I'm assuming it'll need a gimbal calibration though. The only real heavy issue is one of the rotor arms snapped at the housing instead of the breakaway point. I'll hopefully be able to get it repaired quickly!!

Hopefully, in the not to distant future field repairs will be possible. I'm pretty sure I could have repaired this myself if I had the parts.
Looking forward to getting it back and in the air soon.

So an update to the story of my "H" GPS foul up and subsequent crash. Yuneec just sent me an email outlining the cost if the repair and that the total amount was discounted!!! The tracking number and a huge sigh if relief were also part of the deal!
Love Yuneec!!!
Thanks for all the advice you all gave me!

Reactions: BFD400 and Cilent1
So an update to the story of my "H" GPS foul up and subsequent crash. Yuneec just sent me an email outlining the cost if the repair and that the total amount was discounted!!! The tracking number and a huge sigh if relief were also part of the deal!
Love Yuneec!!!
Thanks for all the advice you all gave me!
For all that damage, what was their price quote? Not to be nosy;) !

Many of you know that I had an unfortunate incident with my Typhoon H on the 2nd day of flying. I'm chalking it up to a battery defect causing a loss of GPS & connection, since it appears now that my battery was defective upon receipt. I'm a very experienced drone pilot, but honestly, I had next to zero control 10 seconds after getting a low battery warning.

Regardless, I'm still highly recommending the Typhoon H as an excellent hex with plenty of potential (the best is yet to come). So anyone who says something such as "OK, now I'm buying a P4", never really intended on buying a Typhoon H in the first place.

In the end my Typhoon's battery gave out and it came down from a height of approx 12 feet while drifting away. The landing gear took the impact, but caused it to bounce & cartwheel.

Yuneec was pretty smart in designing the Typhoon H. They knew it had to be able to take damage. They did not make it unbreakable, but they designed it so that any impact on the arms or legs would cause them to flex and absorb the impact and not damage internal components. My damaged Typhoon H is a fine example.

Oh.... and please note: MY TYPHOON H STILL WORKS!!!! Yup I powered it on to see if there were any errors showing up, and there are none. Of course it can't fly since it needs a couple of arms and a landing leg. But the gimbal & camera connect, the gimbal works even though the plastic is broken. Well done to Yuneec!

Photos are posted below:
Lucky you mine won't even turn on. Cgo3 broke along with a couple of motors and arms and a landing leg. My typhoon won't turn on at all the body broke and it's cracked. Sure hope yuneec doesn't try to blame me for the malfunction

Captaindrone....
Just got my Typhoon H today and I had a hard landing on my third test flight..tried to land and it bounced and flipped over...flew three times...take offs and landings just to see what it would do.
I broke my gimbal just like in your photo 4 but my lower slot bracket is cracked so it will not slide into
the top piece...any idea on repair cost? Is it something maybe I could just get parts and fix myself?
just asking now to ease my mind and I'll call Yuneec in the morning. At least the bird can still fly !

Sorry to hear of your crash landing. The Typhoon is rather easily breakable but it's also rather fixable with replacement parts (you could fix it). You'll either need Yuneec to send you the parts or you can send your drone into Yuneec. So far, it seems costs are rather low as long as parts are available. If no parts available then send it in to Yuneec. I think if Yuneec is out of parts and you send a drone in for repair, they have the option to canabolize other drones that have been sent in, just to get the parts.... but they can't sell you those used parts... so it's free! (Just my guess).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval