Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h crashed for no apparent reason

I contacted Yuneec uk This morning, June 7th and spoke with a guy called Paul regarding my fly away typhoon, he was very helpful, I've broken 3 of the four rubber connectors for the camera, one of the landing legs won't stay up. He's getting mine picked up today, June 8th. Seemed genuine, might be worth asking for him personally as he seems to be on the customers side rather than a company profit side, thought his attitude deserved a mention as after sales is more important than just selling a product and forgetting about customers.

No not at all. Told them I was fly my H and my H was about 4 feet off the ground and it dropped for no reason and 3 of the arms broke. They said ok and they sent me a shipping label and they repaired it.
Ok kind if eased my mind haha but I still have my doubts about it I never have luck with that kind of good service

I got my drone on Saturday and on Monday mine stopped working but it only dropped about 6 inches. I am pretty sure it was my fault as the battery had popped out.

Reactions: MajorTomtoGndCtrl
In my humble opinion....(yes you can woof on me later) From what I'm reading a lot of these new Pilot Errors (not saying they all are now so don't take offense i'm not talking about any one person here (disclaimer over)) seem to be cause by the lack of comprehensive user manual?

With that Mr. Moderator could you put the manual on a sticky in the help section if possible? Maybe even create a Typhoon H get to know ya section? Just my thoughts to keep Issues of legitimate questions being asked? This will hopefully separate the ( bashers,leeches,yuneec haters, whatever you want to call them ) out of the general discussion section and into the help section.

We do have a nice help section here and it should be used for a lot of the "issues" some are having. this can keep the main board intact for Happy Thoughts and cut back on hurt feelings, dji bashing etc?:(

We have a great forum here for which i totally enjoy and personally get a lot out of and I hate to see it turn into something negative. The mod's have been here twice so far telling us to cool it so maybe we can separate things a bit..

Ok off the soap box just my thoughts as one of the "Silver Flyers";)

In my humble opinion....(yes you can woof on me later) From what I'm reading a lot of these new Pilot Errors (not saying they all are now so don't take offense i'm not talking about any one person here (disclaimer over)) seem to be cause by the lack of comprehensive user manual?

With that Mr. Moderator could you put the manual on a sticky in the help section if possible? Maybe even create a Typhoon H get to know ya section? Just my thoughts to keep Issues of legitimate questions being asked? This will hopefully separate the ( bashers,leeches,yuneec haters, whatever you want to call them ) out of the general discussion section and into the help section.

We do have a nice help section here and it should be used for a lot of the "issues" some are having. this can keep the main board intact for Happy Thoughts and cut back on hurt feelings, dji bashing etc?:(

We have a great forum here for which i totally enjoy and personally get a lot out of and I hate to see it turn into something negative. The mod's have been here twice so far telling us to cool it so maybe we can separate things a bit..

Ok off the soap box just my thoughts as one of the "Silver Flyers";)

I am one of the New flyers for drones. I have done lots of research prior to making my decision to purchase one. I am even got a cheaper drone <$100 to tryout and practice prior to making the BIG purchase. I do agree there seems to be a lack of a single source point of information on how to operate the Typhoon H. I did find a couple of handy videos on youtube from enthusiasts. I think it would be nice if they did have a sticky a single source point on where this information can be found.

In my humble opinion....(yes you can woof on me later) From what I'm reading a lot of these new Pilot Errors....

I am a new pilot. today was my 10th flight. I consider I'm not stupid, I have seen ALL the videos about the H, I have tried to understand all the problems that could happend etc...
Today I'm happy with my typhoon, but I can now read one or two strange stories of an H who has suddenly stopped its motors and crashed. I feel not secure. And I really wonder what error I could make while piloting my drone,
because... frankly, It's not necessary to be an engineer to pilot those toys.
So please, professional pilots, stop consider us as stupid and think that those machine filled with computers and electronic can have some unknown issues

They are making me pat for shipping when it was a malfunction on their part. I don't know what to do I'm really bummed out I think I should take it back to the retailer
Unfortunately, there's nothing the retailer can do. It's on Yuneec's shoulders to repair under warranty.

Don't worry about the DJI Lover Boys. I'm a long time DJI fan boy, but will be the first to admit that DJI Phantoms have glitches that DJI has not correctly addressed from one model to the next.... so they can't be forgiven for that. Yuneec on the other hand can be forgiven for problems with the "H" as it's a new model.

I recently received a brand new Phantom 3 and it is defective. I also received a brand new Typhoon H, and it is defective. I made videos of both crafts and their defects. I'll post the links to them in a seperate thread comparing Yuneec & DJI customer service.

Well here's the vid. At the start of the vid I do to journey modes, one low and one high. I then do a watch me mode and go for a little walk, then a follow me mode and go for a walk setting the camera to rotate. I then put it back into watch me mode and do some random flying around. It was after this when the craft was in a stable hover, I turn to my friend to say I still have 15.3 volts showing on the controller and the typhoon just falls out of the sky. You can see my right hand is not on the controller and my left is gripping the controller nowhere near any of the controls so I did not initiate anything.

Reactions: John F

Well here's the vid. At the start of the vid I do to journey modes, one low and one high. I then do a watch me mode and go for a little walk, then a follow me mode and go for a walk setting the camera to rotate. I then put it back into watch me mode and do some random flying around. It was after this when the craft was in a stable hover, I turn to my friend to say I still have 15.3 volts showing on the controller and the typhoon just falls out of the sky. You can see my right hand is not on the controller and my left is gripping the controller nowhere near any of the controls so I did not initiate anything.

Yikes! I can see your hands are not on the controls at all. It should have continued to hover, but it just dropped unexpectedly out of the sky. Like all pieces of technology there are problems/glitches. Eventually Yuneec will patch as many as they can and the Typhoon will become very reliable.

Reactions: John F
I am a new pilot. today was my 10th flight. I consider I'm not stupid, I have seen ALL the videos about the H, I have tried to understand all the problems that could happend etc...
Today I'm happy with my typhoon, but I can now read one or two strange stories of an H who has suddenly stopped its motors and crashed. I feel not secure. And I really wonder what error I could make while piloting my drone,
because... frankly, It's not necessary to be an engineer to pilot those toys.
So please, professional pilots, stop consider us as stupid and think that those machine filled with computers and electronic can have some unknown issues

Just never, ever push the red button while in flight.

Wow that's scary. You were just doing things exactly like I would. Showing off features and testing things out. Makes me concerned that's for sure. Have you had anything like it happen again?

Hey guys I got my typhoon h on Saturday but didn't fly it until yesterday (sunday) and the 1st 2 flights went good until the 3rd 1... I was hovering 20ft up in the air playing with the camera functions trying to get use to them until all of a sudden it just fell out of flight and crashed to the floor. Has anybody else experienced it just falling and crashing tp the floor for no apparent reason?
Hello had the very same thing happen to me from about15 fttotal wreck , but no broken props or arns just both landing gear and the gimbal and camera pretty stuffed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt