Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h crashed for no apparent reason

I'm no forensics expert, but when you turned around to talk to your friend and your right hand was off of the controller...it looks like your left thumb is pulling down on the left stick. Could be the sh***y video of the H camera that makes it look like that. I watched it about 50 times and it still looks like that to me.

I'm no forensics expert, but when you turned around to talk to your friend and your right hand was off of the controller...it looks like your left thumb is pulling down on the left stick. Could be the sh***y video of the H camera that makes it look like that. I watched it about 50 times and it still looks like that to me.

Try holding your controller in one hand and put your thumb on the stick - can't be done (well certainly not by me). My thumb is holding onto the controller on the top face next to the stick.

Try holding your controller in one hand and put your thumb on the stick - can't be done (well certainly not by me). My thumb is holding onto the controller on the top face next to the stick.
I'm not saying it was..just saying it looks like it. If you freeze the frame and zoom in at the point of the drone dropping your thumb is definitely in a different position than when you first turned to talk to your friend. At that point it looks like it's on the stick. Just sayn!

Reactions: abinder
I had a similar crash yesterday
I received an almost new H second hand
I am coming from Chroma so have some in site, loved it but it was stolen long story.
Anyway i went through quick start guide then followed video on compass cal
All went well.
Took off and hovered at 10-15 feet took some nice videos switched to still and took a few. Switched back to video and everything on H shut down and it fell to ground. Broke one landing gear and camera mount.
Call customer service and have RMA
Heart sick over this. I have been flying and building Drones for 5 years only incident was a DJI 550 flyaway that was never found. Last 2 years not even a broken prop now this. My Chroma was rock solid and never glitched in 18 months of flying.
Sounds to me as if this is not unheard of.
Tim

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
I am coming from Chroma so have some in site, loved it but it was stolen long story.
All went well.
Took off and hovered at 10-15 feet took some nice videos switched to still and took a few. Switched back to video and everything on H shut down and it fell to ground. Broke one landing gear and camera mount.
Heart sick over this. I have been flying and building Drones for 5 years only incident was a DJI 550 flyaway that was never found. Last 2 years not even a broken prop now this. My Chroma was rock solid and never glitched in 18 months of flying.
Tim
It sounds like a battery connection issue, to me.

Jay I'm agreeing with you. His thumb appears to move. That is why we have lanyards to help hold it steady. That was not a fall, it was a hard landing.

Reactions: abinder and Jay
That's a fear that I have with all multicopter drones. Everything going fine and then lights out. A bad battery can cause the craft to fall from the sky. Poor connections, solder joints etc. Ignoring the low battery warning. You should already be on the ground at 4.3 volts. 4.1 is critical and your power will drop.

That's a fear that I have with all multicopter drones. Everything going fine and then lights out. A bad battery can cause the craft to fall from the sky. Poor connections, solder joints etc. Ignoring the low battery warning. You should already be on the ground at 4.3 volts. 4.1 is critical and your power will drop.
Fresh charge on both batteries, reporting full charge when crashed, only in air 5 minutes and just hovering when it fell out of sky.
I may be a bone head but I am thinking of ordering a bare bones bird and controller as a backup while mine is taking flight back to Yuneec.
Tim

Pulled cord and bought a second H, hope this one lasts longer.
Bare bones to be used as back up for one in route to Yuneec.
For those looking Carolina Drones seems very knowledgeable and not that far from me.
Tim

All went well.
Tim
What? They gave ypu a new h? The repaired mine and gave me the same beat up camera. I returned it to the retailer after I got it back because 1st of all I spent 1400+ and didnt have it longer than a day so I should have been given a new 1 instead of fixing mine. I didn't spend 1400 for it to just for it to crash and get it fixed, it's the manufactures fault notin so why should I have to settle for 1 that crashed already and 2nd they didn't give me new props and ypu can't even buy them at the store so I said to **** with this I'm not going to settle for this and returned it. I'm just going to wait until the pro pack comes out and hope and pray all the bugs are fixed

Ouch, that looks like a nasty tumble. You did not perhaps hold in the red button? Read somewhere some people think that a good way to land...let me tell you it is not!
I was thinking the exact same thing. When I first started flying the H and playing with the video controls I realized that my ring finger and baby finger were pressing on the red button. I had to train myself not to let my fingers go near the red button. That very well may not have happened in this case but it would be very easy to do and the telemetry will eventually tell the story.

I was thinking the exact same thing. When I first started flying the H and playing with the video controls I realized that my ring finger and baby finger were pressing on the red button. I had to train myself not to let my fingers go near the red button. That very well may not have happened in this case but it would be very easy to do and the telemetry will eventually tell the story.
Do not believe that was my issue. Seems on my chroma it even ignores red button when above a certain altitude.
They did replace my GPS unit so there may be a issue with it.
Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx