Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Fell from the Sky!

FYI, on our new H920+ I get a first low bat warning, with reduced power available (can still hover, but it climbs slowly). At the second warning it enters auto landing, with directional control still available.

How many thousands of $$ did you car cost? If the price of an H was increased a few grand I'm sure they could find a way to add a whole bunch of stuff to it, but would you be willing to pay the higher price?;)
It seems to me that the Android tablet in the controller could compute that with no extra hardware needed. It's already monitoring the voltage.

I was totally mistaken thinking it was good to use the whole spec of the battery to make them last longer ;) I have flown 5 batteries worth after the drop and so far it is looking good, practicing flying with out GPS too and now I land when the voltage is around 14,5

It seems to me that the Android tablet in the controller could compute that with no extra hardware needed. It's already monitoring the voltage.

I'm going to be blunt. Learn how your system works, how to read and understand battery voltages and percentages, and how to fly your aircraft manually. If you want the system to do everything for you, essentially rendering you a useless part of the process, look for a different product. If that's what you wanted and needed, why would you have bought an H?

I'm going to be blunt. Learn how your system works, how to read and understand battery voltages and percentages, and how to fly your aircraft manually. If you want the system to do everything for you, essentially rendering you a useless part of the process, look for a different product. If that's what you wanted and needed, why would you have bought an H?
I'm going to be blunt. I don't like your tone. Why would you prefer to come across as terse when you could simply consider a different perspective an join in a civil conversation? I may be new to this forum but I'm not a dumbass and I'm not sure how I offended you.

Anyhow, it's ok to wish for things. Anyone who wants to fight about it, please take it outside.

I know I have seen a few posts about this but, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Yuneec and getting a replacement or I may be SOL. I pulled all the logs but, I cannot pull the video. When the H fell from the sky the camera took it pretty hard and broke the end of the SD card and when I insert it into my computer, it doesn't even recognize it. Looking at logs I can tell it the battery voltage looks fine but, it lost all 16 satellites and I believe thats maybe when it happened. I may be reading the logs incorrectly. Any advice would be appreciated!
Send in your telemetry to tec support and they should replace it I had the same problem when the motors shut off so did the video feed it only shows in flight after that feed lost good luck

I feel that this is a cause of a lot of H "dropping from the sky" . The misunderstood battery meter and the stated flight time. Just because the yuneec says flight time of 25mins doesn't mean fly 25 min and land. This is under ideal controlled testing. We will not see this (well we can and watch it fall) in our flights. 15 is probably a good time. I personally have not flown more than 16 mins and usually land at or before the 1st warning. Just because you have a battery meter that reads 50% doesn't mean you can fly for what you already have . As stated in another topic the battery meter is not a flight meter and at about 50% you should be on the ground. My batteries are at 3.75 volts after each flight I see no need to fly longer. That's why I have 7 batteries. It's not worth a 1500$ bird for that extra 3 mins.
Typhoon H User(created) Manual
when my H fell out of the sky the battery was fully charged about 2 or 3 minutes it shut down new battery the T report said failed yuneec is replacing it under warranty I have the st16+

So an update, just spoke with Yuneec and after looking at the logs they state that unit had a power failure mid flight with a fully charged battery. They are going to replace the unit under warranty, (which I only had four weeks left) so some welcoming news.

Getting a bit heated. Both of you are right and both of you are wrong.
Let's all take a moment to reflect before posting criticism of fellow members. Please...

So an update, just spoke with Yuneec and after looking at the logs they state that unit had a power failure mid flight with a fully charged battery. They are going to replace the unit under warranty, (which I only had four weeks left) so some welcoming news.
Great news, glad to see Yuneec is taking care of their customers. Despite of all the negative press about their cutbacks we can still have faith in Yuneec.

I received my Typhoon H back today 6/27. It was sent in May 25th, not complaining, just getting anyone information on the turnaround times that I experienced. I have not flown it yet and I will do some small tests this afternoon before I go all out.

That's about the same amount of time it took to send, repair, and receive back one I sent back in January after getting seriously damaged during an altercation with a tall tree. Yours may have been a few days faster.

We lose a week on each end to the transportation process, so Yuneec had ours about 2 to 2-1/2 weeks doing the actual work.

I received my Typhoon H back today 6/27. It was sent in May 25th, not complaining, just getting anyone information on the turnaround times that I experienced. I have not flown it yet and I will do some small tests this afternoon before I go all out.[/QUO
I received my Typhoon H back today 6/27. It was sent in May 25th, not complaining, just getting anyone information on the turnaround times that I experienced. I have not flown it yet and I will do some small tests this afternoon before I go all out.
From what city service center

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt