Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. hedley

I have a new typhoon H . Before flying I updated the firmware 2.24 as per procedures - This worked OK . I then 2 days later noticed there was 2.25 so tried to update that using the same procedures . Result the autopilot has no firmware but the gimbal and camera were updated - Result when power on - 1 beep and that is it. Gui software will not connect. I then tried to reprogram the flight computer using Dfuse for the STM processor . This is a bit of a procedure but heres the problem . The BIN file includes the image for the gimbal , the flight computer and the camera so this can not be programmed into the flight computer.

Question - where con I download the bin for only the flight computer and then what address must it be loaded to eg 0x0800000000

Any help appreciated as I must have spent 20 hours on this mess with a new product that has never flown .

Many updates in a short time are a clear sign of management and finance saying ship whilst the engineers complain that it is not done . Answer JUST SHIP and we will fix later - apple do it and so does everyone BUT for an airborne platform moving at some speed I would suggest put shipping on hold and fix the core issues first .

2. martins

what you mean by "flight computer"?

ist not possible thats gimbal is updated , in update file only camera and autopilot are new files :)

v2.21 v2.24.v.2.25 have same gimbal firmware diference only in camera nad autopilot

#2 martins, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. hedley

Inside the tyhphoon H is the STM32F405 processor on the main board which holds the autopilot firmware and executes the code . Normally one programs this using the USB cable connected to your computer . As mine does not seem to work I have to put in a special mode by connecting Boot0 pin to 3 V and Boot 1 to ground and then use the STM utility BUT I don't have the file . This is the PCB that I term the "flight computer" - silkscreen Typhoon H Main V01 which stores and executes the Autopilot V 1.27 code and that is what I am looking for. - I think in Ver 2.25 the autopilot is now V1.28 . This code is packaged with the camera and gimbal firmware in the download so I need it seperated to put into the main board in the flight platform .
    [​IMG]

4. martins

autopilot files are inside .bin files 2x zip:) why not contacted with Costumer Services?
    they would explain for you howto load autopilot without disassembling camera

5. hedley

yes but I need JUST THE autopilot file - If I load the bin file it wont work as this has the code for the gimbal and the camera . Their system uncompressed and processes the bin file before programming the correct code into the correct device . I am screwed as the main processor does not work so can not get updated . The only way is to get the main processor code only in a bin file or a DFU file format .

6. martins

read what i'm writing :) TyphoonH_Ver2.25_A.bin >> unzip >> you get files.zzz >>unzip and at home with 4 diferent files:) this one you need TyphoonH_FC_V1.28_24_9_2016.yuneec

7. hedley

to be specific in the ver 2.25 download which seems to be a .bin and not a .zip file there is Gimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16. If I place this file on the SD card in the gimbal it updates the gimbal and camera BUT not the autopilot . After which it deletes the .bin file from the SD card. I can bind to the typhoon H and see the camera picture BUT have no comms to the Typhoon H ie telemetry and that is why the GUI does not work . Perhaps I can just buy a new Main board which is programmed. ??

HeliTV likes this.
  8. hedley

will try this immediately - thanks for direction

9. martins

maybe you need just to rebind you connection:) see PM anyway

switch just to team mode and then after disable team mode and you will connect to H

Steve Carr likes this.
  10. hedley

Ok have the individual files which are .yuneec format . I will try converting from this to DFU and load into the unit .

BTW the symptom is when the unit is powered it beeps once and when you release the power switch the unit turns off . This is what started the search for the holy grail.

11. martins

12. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

Until you establish the telemetry you won't see the version of the autopilot. Tilt the H forward 2 or 3 times to get the flashing orange light and then go to the bind menu on the ST16. Don't do any more updates until you try this first.

13. martins

14. hedley

Thanks for all the feedback BUT 1. When I turn on the H ( one beep and the switch has to be held down or power is lost ) . No lights come on on the H including the small blue led on the main PCB . Rocking forward 45 degrees 3 times has been done on a few occasions . Regarding the video I followed all the steps but when decompressing only 1/2 is done and the autopilot is not updated at all . Note I did get enitre process to work when updating to V 2.24 - binding , and all steps - Only when I tried again to update to 2.25 before first flight did all the wheels come off.

15. hedley

I am not sure what PM is - poster advised " see PM " ?

16. hedley

the H does not turn on . I have to hold the power switch . If I try and load the code via USB directly the GUI on windows ( Typhoon H GUI downloaded from site does not connect to the unit ) using the supplied USB cable . I do not want to waste further time of yours and thank you all for considered responses. To send a unit from South Africa to Yuneec is a real costly mission so perhaps it can be an expensive door stop.

Regards

17. THoff

PM = Private Message.

There should be a envelope icon in the upper right corner of the page with a message for you.

18. hedley

Does anyone know where I can buy a new main board ( the small one in the typhoon H ) that is programmed with firmware . I think this is the only way to resolve my problem.

Regards

19. martins

here you write that you can connect to camera with ST 16 and you see picture from cam

on other post you write thats typhoon H don't power up

so what is what as i don't understand

[​IMG]

20. martins

don't mismatch area :) typhoon H or CGO3+ where is located this board?