Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H flyaway.

Any way to tell if a typhoon h is early or late production? I bought my H that flew away back in Nov. 2016. My new replacement that I will be Flying I just got a week or so ago. Who knows how long it could have been on the shelf.

I don't think they sit on the shelf very long. As soon as they come into the country they're sent out. Yuneec don't stockpile their machines.

A simple way to tell for the newest versions are they have the external antennas on the body, and the ST16 has the 3 antennas instead of the two.
If it has these it's likely to be within the last few months.

I don't think they sit on the shelf very long. As soon as they come into the country they're sent out. Yuneec don't stockpile their machines.
Yeah, I guess it's not like we're buying them from Walmart or something, right? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Walmart, I just wouldn't buy a typhoon there.

A simple way to tell for the newest versions are they have the external antennas on the body, and the ST16 has the 3 antennas instead of the two.
Sounds like mine are older versions. Both have no external ant., just 2 short wire ant. sticking out of the bottom covers. The ST16 just has 2 antennas.

The module is held with 4 screws on the top cover, the RF shield is stuck on over the module. I found that wrapping the module cable once thru a toroid gets rid of all compass errors. Yuneec need to rethink this. This compass is too close to a lot of magnetic interference from the ESCs and battery.

There isn't one? Can you post a pic by any chance from when you did it? That will be a big priority for me to get done!!! With 6 motors spinning around its making a lot of EMF.

Sounds like mine are older versions. Both have no external ant., just 2 short wire ant. sticking out of the bottom covers. The ST16 just has 2 antennas.

The H standard model is delivered with a 2 antenna ST-16, and wire RC antennas on the H. The Pro model has the 3 antenna ST-16 and wire in tube antennas on the H. The age of an H is generally established by how many units the final seller ordered, and how long they have kept them on the shelf. If their turn over is high the odds are the units are newer. If turn over is low they will be moving older units.

Reactions: russelrayphotos
The H standard model is delivered with a 2 antenna ST-16, and wire RC antennas on the H. The Pro model has the 3 antenna ST-16 and wire in tube antennas on the H. The age of an H is generally established by how many units the final seller ordered, and how long they have kept them on the shelf. If their turn over is high the odds are the units are newer. If turn over is low they will be moving older units.
My drones are standard models for sure. So it doesn't mean they are older models necessarily?

I bought my H on March 18, 2017. It is not a Pro but the ST-16 has 3 antennas. I could not get the Wizard to work at all, could not get any of the Intel RealSense stuff to work, and could not get it to take pictures in DNG format. Elsewhere on this forum I read about firmware solving all these problems so I looked at mine and it was something like b5. The update was b30. So I updated. That solved all my problems except the DNG format. Still can't figure out how to get that, which was a significant reason why I bought the H.

I have three antenna's on my ST16...2 for 2.4 and 1 for 5.8 but dont see any external antennas on the body itself of the H?

Reactions: AS apex
That solved all my problems except the DNG format. Still can't figure out how to get that, which was a significant reason why I bought the H.

If you take a photo whilst you're in video mode, it will only take a JPG. You need to switch to photo mode (the camera/video icon middle right on the screen), then choose settings (just below it) to select the file format.

I have three antenna's on my ST16...2 for 2.4 and 1 for 5.8 but dont see any external antennas on the body itself of the H?
My H has 2 short black wire antennas sticking out from the bottom cover by the landing gear area. One is taped down under a sticker. The other one actually protrudes through one landing gear module hole in bottom cover.

The antennas on the H are right at the base of the landing gear in the little tubes that stick down
29b26671063414998c1675fc6619393f.jpg

If you take a photo whilst you're in video mode, it will only take a JPG. You need to switch to photo mode (the camera/video icon middle right on the screen), then choose settings (just below it) to select the file format.
Doesn't work. I'm not taking videos yet because I have no use for them as far as making money so I'm never in video mode. I'd love to have that DNG format picture, though.

Doesn't work. I'm not taking videos yet because I have no use for them as far as making money so I'm never in video mode. I'd love to have that DNG format picture, though.

You do have it if your firmware is up to date. Turn on advanced settings. It's in the camera menu once that's turned on.

My H has 2 short black wire antennas sticking out from the bottom cover by the landing gear area. One is taped down under a sticker. The other one actually protrudes through one landing gear module hole in bottom cover.

Remove the tape holding the one wire antenna down. They've done that with all of them for some reason. Best RF performance will keep those two wire antennas oriented 90* to each other. You have a Standard H model.

Remove the tape holding the one wire antenna down. They've done that with all of them for some reason. Best RF performance will keep those two wire antennas oriented 90* to each other. You have a Standard H model.
Thanks will do.

I bought my H on March 18, 2017. It is not a Pro but the ST-16 has 3 antennas. I could not get the Wizard to work at all, could not get any of the Intel RealSense stuff to work, and could not get it to take pictures in DNG format. Elsewhere on this forum I read about firmware solving all these problems so I looked at mine and it was something like b5. The update was b30. So I updated. That solved all my problems except the DNG format. Still can't figure out how to get that, which was a significant reason why I bought the H.

Russel,

I'm still running the b27 firmware and the DNG format selection is present in that one, If you haven't already done so, in Settings select camera type as CGO 3 Pro. Turn on the advanced feature mode. Now go to the ST-16 screen and select the video icon, then tap the tool icon and change the video setting to 4k-25fps. Exit the video mode and select the camera icon on the screen, then re-enter the tool mode and scroll down the list for picture type, turn on the histogram, select the desired histogram metering mode and scene setting. It's probably all there but you may have been over looking it. The H alsohas to be turned on to access the camera tools menu.

Whenever you are shooting photos (in photo mode) be certain the video has been set to 4k before taking off, then switch to camera mode. Although you will be using the camera mode the video setting effects the photo resolution and 4k provides the highest resolution. Once set the ST-16 will retain the video setting from flight to flight, the photo type (DNG,JPG, or both), scene selection type, and keep the histogram turned on. It will not carry the histogram metering mode over to the next flight, you'll have to reset it for each flight. If you did not already know the histogram can be dragged to anyplace on the screen.

Last edited:
You do have it if your firmware is up to date. Turn on advanced settings. It's in the camera menu once that's turned on.
Yes, it's in the camera menu and even though the little button is highlighted I can't get this thing to take those pictures in DNG format. I'm almost ready to send it in for repair but that would mean me not flying for several days, perhaps weeks. Maybe I need to buy a second one. Hmmmmmm. They are on sale right now for $1,499.

Russel,

I'm still running the b27 firmware and the DNG format selection is present in that one, If you haven't already done so, in Settings select camera type as CGO 3 Pro. Turn on the advanced feature mode. Now go to the ST-16 screen and select the video icon, then tap the tool icon and change the video setting to 4k-25fps. Exit the video mode and select the camera icon on the screen, then re-enter the tool mode and scroll down the list for picture type, turn on the histogram, select the desired histogram metering mode and scene setting. It's probably all there but you may have been over looking it. The H alsohas to be turned on to access the camera tools menu.

Whenever you are shooting photos (in photo mode) be certain the video has been set to 4k before taking off, then switch to camera mode. Although you will be using the camera mode the video setting effects the photo resolution and 4k provides the highest resolution. Once set the ST-16 will retain the video setting from flight to flight, the photo type (DNG,JPG, or both), scene selection type, and keep the histogram turned on. It will not carry the histogram metering mode over to the next flight, you'll have to reset it for each flight. If you did not already know the histogram can be dragged to anyplace on the screen.
Yep. Familiar with all that, but my drone simply refuses to save in DNG format. I'm thinking of buying a second Typhoon this weekend since they are on sale, $400 off, for Memorial Day weekend. Then I can send my first Typhoon in for analysis/repair without losing flying time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots