Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H for real estate

I'm sure the dual IMUs and compasses aren't the reason why the P4 is more stable during hover -- it is the downward facing camera. The P4 becomes less stable as elevation goes up. The Typhoon H Pro will have a downward facing camera (IPS), so it should be more stable than the Advanced (when not equipped with RealSense & IPS).
The IPS does help, but so does the double features of the above! I Love my H for what it is, and what it can be! And would recommend either product as stated many times previously!;)

How would two IMUs / compasses help? If they agree, then the second unit is of no benefit. If they do not agree, which one do you trust? You could interpolate, but that's not any better than a single unit that work correctly.

How would two IMUs / compasses help? If they agree, then the second unit is of no benefit. If they do not agree, which one do you trust? You could interpolate, but that's not any better than a single unit that work correctly.
All I can tell you is try it ! Have you? They do work in different function and do compliment each other, Not just for redundancy !

Most important thing if you plan on flying the P3 or P4 indoors is prop guards. As you don't want to damage walls in the home your are filming. My friend uses a P4 with props guards indoors and his New Typhoon H outdoors. Reason is he likes the cablecam on the Typhoon H. He sets up all his shots and just hits start and he just controls the camera to get the shot he wanted. He films in 4k and converts later to 1080p

You need 2 drones if you get a job. Reason is you always need a backup. You dont want to tell a customer sorry I have to cancel the job you just gave me because my drone broke.

There are three choices. TH,XStar, andP4.. Price wise is 1300, 900, and 1400 dollars. The XStar is the only one with a case. Enjoy your shopping. Fly safe.

Reactions: Weinersnitzelz
Most important thing if you plan on flying the P3 or P4 indoors is prop guards. As you don't want to damage walls in the home your are filming. My friend uses a P4 with props guards indoors and his New Typhoon H outdoors. Reason is he likes the cablecam on the Typhoon H. He sets up all his shots and just hits start and he just controls the camera to get the shot he wanted. He films in 4k and converts later to 1080p

You need 2 drones if you get a job. Reason is you always need a backup. You dont want to tell a customer sorry I have to cancel the job you just gave me because my drone broke.
Excellent point! i learned the hard way on the prop guard need!:eek:

There are three choices. TH,XStar, andP4.. Price wise is 1300, 900, and 1400 dollars. The XStar is the only one with a case. Enjoy your shopping. Fly safe.
The wifi x-star is 559 on Amazon and the premium x-star is 674 on b&h till midnight.

What druiz says about a second unit is why I grabbed one while waiting for the TH pro

First off I've been flying fixed wing RC for years now but my wife is real estate agent and I've wanted to buy a multi-rotor to use for her listings, she's talked to her fellow agents and they all want some aerial footage for their listings as well. So I'm thinking about setting a small business and take the knowledge test for remote pilots. My question is do you think the typhoon h will be sufficient for real estate photography? I'm looking at the H or the phantom 4. Obviously the clients I'll be dealing with won't be experts in video and image quality, I've seen great footage from both. Should I go with the H or the P4?
The "H" is just oustanding because you can place it where you need and then concentrate to the 360cam w/o turning the H!

The "H" is just oustanding because you can place it where you need and then concentrate to the 360cam w/o turning the H!
That's one of the reasons I think I'm going with the yuneec. Do you know if you can change the return to home altitude in the gui? I'm not crazy about the 33' rth if you're below 33'. I know that it will return home at the the altitude that you are currently flying if you're above 33' but if below it only climbs to 33'. Where I live most of the trees are taller than 33'

Reactions: Skypicswa
That's one of the reasons I think I'm going with the yuneec. Do you know if you can change the return to home altitude in the gui? I'm not crazy about the 33' rth if you're below 33'. I know that it will return home at the the altitude that you are currently flying if you're above 33' but if below it only climbs to 33'. Where I live most of the trees are taller than 33'

You can not change the RTH height in the GUI. Hopefully Yuneec will add this option in the future but no guarantee.

I do real estate videos of mostly small properties in South Florida. It can be very challenging to fly around trees and other close vegetation to the home. Also side passes between homes here can be about 20 feet in some developments! At these close in lots of less than 1/2 acre you often have to fly about 30 feet up. And skillfully do closeup fly ins/outs. The point-of-interest modes are really the only auto function you may be able to use over the tree line.

I have flown both the Typhoon H and X-Star Premium for Real Estate videos. Honestly, I think the X-Star is a little easier to use on these jobs. Though I love my H, I usually don't use all it's special features on these small properties. And the X-Star is faster to get in, up, and out with quickly.

Reactions: m20b_pilot
Flying indoors within a residential real estate dynamic can come with some issues both from a creative and flight characteristic perspective. Though the P4 and Autel X-Star have downward facing sensors,the air turbulence created from the craft needs to be considered. If in a warehouse you would not have the issues. The H is just too big to fly in a house and get something visually interesting for a video. You do not have a lot of room to begin with. That goes for the P4 and Autel XSP as well.
I shoot for RE alot and have yet to use a USB inside. OSMO for 360 and P3 for external. I'm testing the H as it has benefits to taking stills. The camera is about the same. H just needs some more FW updates and I'll think it will win hands down. Get the Pro as some shots are inbetween house and trees. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DroneClone
I do have one issue with the H is fisheye at 400 ft not sure if this is normal. Hoping the rain will bugger off this week to do some more testing.

One other thought why the H for me is removable camera so upgrade for future and hopefully a bigger battery. DJI have released X3 with zoom so I'm imagining Yuneec will be thinking the same to compete with INSPIRE and not a PHANTOM.

I'm not going to disagree with you. I own both and each has their place in my fleet. Fly safe.

Reactions: Skypicswa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts