Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H GUI problem

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have just got my Typhoon H, and I wanted to check a few things in the GUI provided on yuneec's official website. I have downloaded and installed everything as I was instructed to, but when I connect my drone to the PC the GUI application stops and says that the GUI program has stopped working. It happens every time, I tried it on three different PCs and used two different cables (including the one provided by Yuneec).

Please help, because I don't know what else could I do, to fix this issue.

With regards,
BroVari.

Greetings!

I have just got my Typhoon H, and I wanted to check a few things in the GUI provided on yuneec's official website. I have downloaded and installed everything as I was instructed to, but when I connect my drone to the PC the GUI application stops and says that the GUI program has stopped working. It happens every time, I tried it on three different PCs and used two different cables (including the one provided by Yuneec).

Please help, because I don't know what else could I do, to fix this issue.

With regards,
BroVari.
If all else fails, call Yuneec CS

You might want to delete and reinstall the gui and if that doesn't solve the issue then after you get the message that the gui has stopped working try re-starting the drone. I had the same problem with my Q500 4k and I got it solved that way

You might want to delete and reinstall the gui and if that doesn't solve the issue then after you get the message that the gui has stopped working try re-starting the drone. I had the same problem with my Q500 4k and I got it solved that way

Already tried that, both reinstalling and restarting the drone, sadly it does not help :(

Me too. It doesn't work. Tried on different PC with different Windows version. Always stops working as soon as connection is opened

I was going to try and help you guys troubleshoot but if you tried it on multiple PC's then that is probably not a Windows issue. Unless you have some utility or something on all of them that changed something.

Bad download? I put it on my W10 laptop and it ran fine the first time. No crashes.

Maybe try re-downloading it. You can also use ccleaner before the re-install to clean everything up. Let it also clean the registry but make sure to backup the registry before it makes changes. It will ask you if you want to do so, say yes and save that file someplace just in case.

ccleaner is a good, free, trustworthy program.

Are you powering on the H? It should power up just by plugging the USB cable in. I wonder if then turning on the drone power disconnects the GUI.

On a little different note, I am having a problem getting the H GUI to run properly on the same PC as the GUI for the Q500+. First of all, the PC is anAcer Netbook with a 11.1 inch screen. The Q500+ GUI runs completely in a window the fits the screen percectly. When I installed the H GUI, it loads ok but it is like 2/3rds bigger on the screen. I cannot see the top or the lefthand side of the GUI window. Any suggestions other than buying a new PC.? Also, the Acer is running Win 7 Pro. Thanks in advance.

On a little different note, I am having a problem getting the H GUI to run properly on the same PC as the GUI for the Q500+. First of all, the PC is anAcer Netbook with a 11.1 inch screen. The Q500+ GUI runs completely in a window the fits the screen percectly. When I installed the H GUI, it loads ok but it is like 2/3rds bigger on the screen. I cannot see the top or the lefthand side of the GUI window. Any suggestions other than buying a new PC.? Also, the Acer is running Win 7 Pro. Thanks in advance.
I've had similar problems with an ASUS netbook of the same size. Some programs expect a larger minimum screen resolution than the netbook can provide. On mine there was a setting that let you have the screen show just part of a larger window - it would scroll when you moved the mouse to the edge of the screen. Look for options in control panel under display or there may be a graphics setting item running in the tray. I don't use that device any more, so can't check it for you.

Reactions: Dabbler90
I've had similar problems with an ASUS netbook of the same size. Some programs expect a larger minimum screen resolution than the netbook can provide. On mine there was a setting that let you have the screen show just part of a larger window - it would scroll when you moved the mouse to the edge of the screen. Look for options in control panel under display or there may be a graphics setting item running in the tray. I don't use that device any more, so can't check it for you.
Thanks! I will give that a closer look.

Just trying this now my self and I'm having the same problem that was posted back a year ago.. Any tips?
Says
wpfapptyphoon has stopped working

Last edited:
version 1.2.13 is the latest shows as 1.02

Well I hope this helps.. After playing with all the settings downloading and loading nothing..
Then it came to me my micro cable might be the wrong one so I swamp them out and Walla
Works.. So don't be a dumb dumb like me and use the st16 charge cable.. :)

Well I hope this helps.. After playing with all the settings downloading and loading nothing..
Then it came to me my micro cable might be the wrong one so I swamp them out and Walla
Works.. So don't be a dumb dumb like me and use the st16 charge cable.. :)
Great, happy and safe flying.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval