Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H GUI

If you click on file/firmware update on the GUI you can choose the file you downloaded and it should update. Thats what it looks like, but like most here I am still waiting for mine, so hope this is right.

Reactions: DroneClone
The instructions are for update using de SD Card. Can it be done directly using the GUI? If so, how (any instructions)?

I see under Tools there is an option for a firmware upgrade and apparently there can be a direct usb connection between your pc and the typhoon, so maybe it is possible you can perform upgrade directly from the GUI.

If you click on file/firmware update on the GUI you can choose the file you downloaded and it should update. Thats what it looks like, but like most here I am still waiting for mine, so hope this is right.
How do you do the ST16 controller update? any videos?

The GUI is a zip file and there is no file to see, do you have to extract it, sorry for all the questions! Instruction videos available?

I need to install the GUI usb driver? I have my own USB drivers on my PC, and if I have a 64 , not 32 PC I install the 64 Driver correct?

That I don't know, I would assume you extract it to an SD card ,place it in the ST-16 and power it up. Thats the way DJI controllers and many other controller update, but just speculating.

That I don't know, I would assume you extract it to an SD card ,place it in the ST-16 and power it up. Thats the way DJI controllers and many other controller update, but just speculating.

Pretty sure you can plug the ST16 directly to PC and update from your computer instead of SD card. This video is for the ST10 but may help.

I conected with the GUI and can play with everything, but can't update. The file is not downloading from PC to the TH.

At the moment I don't have a card adapter because our PC is a gaming one and cards are "not needed" (that waht my son says). I'm going to out to buy an adapter and will have it downloaded to the card, as the tutorial. Will post if it works.

What I don't see is a download for the existing firmware is care you need to downgrade back to original, in case things don't work out. In my experience updates can some times blow up and brake things.

What I don't see is a download for the existing firmware is care you need to downgrade back to original, in case things don't work out. In my experience updates can some times blow up and brake things.

Yeah I always make a habit of copying the old fw/drivers just incase you need to roll back. Hopefully they put previous versions on their support page.

Is the date 5/19/2016 I see above the firmware date? if so I received mine on 20th , so this would definitively be new!
Just like on the Phantoms, check the version # to see if you have the latest already. So.... Here is a screen shot of the YUNEEC downloads web site. Notice the FIRMWARE version # for the TYPHOON and ST16. Start up your Controller & your TYPHOON. Go to the SETTINGS option on your ST16 and then click on ABOUT. If the FIRMWARE version #'s below (Version 3.01.b18 for Controller & Versions 1.22, 1.15, 3.1.37 for Typhoon) are not the same as what is showing on your controller, then you need the update. Pay close attention TO WHAT IT DOESN'T SAY BELOW... EACH (ST16 & TYPHOON) MUST HAVE LATEST FIRMWARE. My thoughts are to UPDATE the controller FIRST before updating the TYPHOON... Because the controller is used to update the Typhoon.

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 10.15.17 AM.jpg

I conected with the GUI and can play with everything, but can't update. The file is not downloading from PC to the TH.

At the moment I don't have a card adapter because our PC is a gaming one and cards are "not needed" (that waht my son says). I'm going to out to buy an adapter and will have it downloaded to the card, as the tutorial. Will post if it works.

I have a MAC and a broken TYPHOON, so can't really try this. But from the OLD Phantom 2 days, all you do is connect a USB to the TYPHOON and the other end to your PC then run the GUI software. (USB connection for the Typhoon is under the belly).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval