Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H.... Hate to be a bat a tester

You guys with these small concerns are lucky..My ST-16 wouldnt even turn on! It's going back to Yuneec Service tomorrow. I only received it last Friday.

okay! that was a lot of help.
Sorry man. Did say, I'm sorry about the issue.

Trust me, if I had help for you, I would offer it up.

Was just trying to render a little laugh by taking that quote and making Dr. Seuss.

I'm on your side though! Wish I could help or that you've fixed it but besides my HYSERICAL comments ;) , I'm useless. :p

LooseSid
Thanks that solved the camera issue.

Do you, or anyone, know about the issues with the ST16 SD slot? My card got inserted and could not get it out. Had to take
It to a camera repair shop and even they had an issue getting it out. The tech said very poor design. I would agree, so do others on this forum. When I calls Yuneec the tech there said it was only there for firmware updates. That seems odd since evry other device always connects via USB. Any comments?

Thanks

One recommendation is to turn the ST16 upside down, or screen down, and insert the card. Seems gravity then helps prevent it from falling into the controller. That is a bad design. Later on I may add some silicon to the top to cover the gap. I need to look at it more, I have only looked at it briefly so.

I am also looking into getting a MicroSD extender cable. No way for that to slid into the controller. I won't use it all day every day so that may work for me.

Received it on Friday. Right out of the box the ST16 SD card slot failed.
No "shutter sound" when stills taken. Called Yuneec tech support and they were
Totally ill informed on the unit! I knew more and I know nothing!
Perhaps they should get their sh@t wired before sending out the units!

Sending back on Tuesday. Hate being a bata tester. Maybe, maybe I'll reorder in a few months. MAYBE.
I call ********. Your with DJI hahaha. Shutter sound what are you 10?

Reactions: Cilent1 and n3srj
Mine went back as well not only no usb cable and therefore no SD card in the box but the camera would not take any pictures. Phoned tech support, found same as others they were not up to speed with product, said I would get calls back when they found issue by end of last week, nothing so far. Promises of replacements not seen them yet. Total lack of customer support. Waited long time of this and put of buying DJ in reference. Come on Yuneec get your act together, not impressed at the minute

I guess its the luck of the draw on getting someone "Knowledgeable" in tech support. so far for me no issues. such a blessing from my DJI experiences..

I have been lucky so far with Yuneec's technical service. So far it has been outstanding. For the couple of calls I have made I noticed that there is sometimes a "phone answer" person; then they have passed me off to the "more advanced tech" when it exceeds their respective knowledge. You may have more luck knowing the tier system may exist.

I call ********. Your with DJI hahaha. Shutter sound what are you 10?
Let me say Yuneec CS has never let me down. My H has a gimbal issue while rotating, I called CS left a call back number. 45 minutes later received a call from Ontario CA . RA came by email 12:00 next day. The young man was helpful and professional. The H is of to Cali for repair. Waited 2 months to get it can wait a little longer to make sure everything is good. Never had an issue that caused the Q to be returned however I called CS for advice twice and received courteous replies both times.

Received it on Friday. Right out of the box the ST16 SD card slot failed.
No "shutter sound" when stills taken. Called Yuneec tech support and they were
Totally ill informed on the unit! I knew more and I know nothing!
Perhaps they should get their sh@t wired before sending out the units!

Sending back on Tuesday. Hate being a bata tester. Maybe, maybe I'll reorder in a few months. MAYBE.

Your Beta testing is suppose to catch stuff like that - it is beta right? That way, we won't have that problem on our units.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430