Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Landing

Reaction score
I flew my H pro yesterday and all was working fine took off and landed both manually and tried RTU which also worked fine several times. Tried out CCC, follow me and just flew around till first battery ran down. Changed to second fully charged battery and flew for a while and brought back to land manually. H was coming down smoothly and when touched down props did not idle down. I let go of the throttle stick and of course it started to bounce and try to take off. I held the left stick down again for about 15 seconds with no change. I then raised the left stick to raise the H and try to land a second time. After touching down and with the stick held in the down position for a few seconds the props finally went to idle speed and was able to shut down.
I was in angle mode, OA was off, RTH off, H had 19 sat's, st16 had 15 sat's.
It is a new typhoon and came with all updates from factory and ALL calibrations had been run. Both the H and st16 still had plenty of battery also.
Anyone have any idea's
Thanks

This seems to be fairly common and I think it is due, in part, to the altitude reading. If it happens again take a look to see what the ST16 is reporting for altitude. There have been times when the H would stop descending about 15' above the ground but if I flew back up to 30' then it seemed to come down ok. But that was with the original firmware.
The best practice seems to be to hold the left stick all the way back after landing and then hit the kill button at the same time.

I did try holding the shutdown button while holding the throttle down but props stayed on. If this happens again I will try and remember to check the altitude.
Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I did try holding the shutdown button while holding the throttle down but props stayed on. If this happens again I will try and remember to check the altitude.
Thank you for the reply.
Oh wow. That is a bit strange. In that case I would do the accelerometer cal again. My understanding of the Yuneec flight controller: both the altitude and accelerometers are used in determining touchdown.

I think one of the changes in the firmware prevents the kill button from working if the H thinks it's still flying. Is that correct @BobW55 ?

the st16 firmware is v03.01.b27 which is how it came from the factory.
I'm guessing that is why the kill switch was ignored......Next time you turn on the H let it sit for a few minutes and watch the altitude. If it starts to change more than few feet, reboot the H. Each time it's booted the altitude is reset. The altitude reading you see has temperature compensation so as the bird warms up the altitude reading will change. These altimeters are simply a barometer and they are never very accurate. Even on an aircraft they can easily show an altitude error of 30' or more.

I'm guessing that is why the kill switch was ignored......Next time you turn on the H let it sit for a few minutes and watch the altitude. If it starts to change more than few feet, reboot the H. Each time it's booted the altitude is reset. The altitude reading you see has temperature compensation so as the bird warms up the altitude reading will change. These altimeters are simply a barometer and they are never very accurate. Even on an aircraft they can easily show an altitude error of 30' or more.

Thanks for getting back with this information, I will watch that next time I am able to get it out.

Hi there,
After a few flights with no special occurence and normal (slow) descends to landing, at the last flight my H hovered at about 3-4m (~10ft) above ground and it wouldn't come down even though the stick was full down. Then I deselected GPS and all of a sudden I could control it to go down to touchdown (even with a higher than normal rate of descend).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin