Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. FlyBry

Has anyone ever measured how much of a weight payload a Typhoon H can lift?
    Not that it is designed for this activity, but I am curious if anyone ever performed this test.

Thanks,

2. BillyTexas

I mighy consider doing that. Remove the camera and add some weight....just to see

Bill W.

FlyBry likes this.
  3. BillyTexas

I have a buch of bricks in a stack in my backyard...i could weigh them individually and see how many it can lift

Bill W.

FlyBry likes this.
  4. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

The design load includes the weight of the camera. Adding weight will increase the load on the motors, props, ESC's and the power system. That will increase the heat generated and will shorten the life of those components, perhaps instantaneously. Bottom line.......not recommended.

K2BLS, PatR and Joneshd3488 like this.
  5. Brian Mackey

Someone had a comparison video and the H could not lift Two bottled waters - according to their results I have not tested it. the P3 won the contest for lifting

6. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

I know Ming had one flying with the camera and Bottle of water slung underneath.
    There is a video of it somewhere around here.
    Found it:

7. Ralphy

I lifted a 16,000 4s battery on the belly flew for a while longer than normal. I believe the rated lift max is 3,000 grams

8. PatR

So true. As the weight increases flight time and control response decreases so loss of control may end the life of the aircraft before component failure does. Burning out a minimally sized ESC pulling too many amps due to exceeding design weight is easy to do as well. There's not a lot of "head room" in the H power system else there would be no need for motor reversal during a motor out situation. With adequate head room a FC simply sends commands for more power to the remaining motors on a hex or greater to meet accelerometer balancing demands. Many DIY builders "over size" the power system to a factor of 3 or 4X what is necessary to fly the aircraft at max design weight. Consumer stuff, pretty much regardless of what it is, is designed to a "law of minimums".

Steve Carr and Ralphy like this.