Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H & Mavic Pro.

Reaction score
This was posted on the RCgroup page. Just bringing some video from the OP over there. Not mine so don't shoot the messenger.

"Weather was nice but cold. All three of these drones did fine in the mountains, no issues with any of them. Range and video feed were perfect on all three. Each gave me usable footage with different results. My observation is the P4 has the best camera and Solo has the best moves. The Typhoon H is somewhere in between with an okay camera but good autonomous moves.

Solo has the best moves like the Follow-Orbit. The H is really close with the smart shots plus has a 360 gimbal and retracts which has proven an advantage. I feel the H has a better gimbal than the P4 it's smoother and rarely loses it's composure like the P4's sometimes does, especially in the wind. The H gimbal moves more gracefully unlike the P4's jerkiness and abrupt pan/tilt moves. Even with the P4's gimbal set with expo's it still doesn't have the smoothness of the H. The P4 smart shots are limiting, the nanny software is annoying and it doesn't perform well in the wind; difficult to take off.

But once you get the P4 in the air the image it renders overshadows most of it's shortcomings. As you see in this video sometimes it's difficult to bring the P4 to the subject so I brought the subject to the P4 with a large POI. Solo on the other hand hugs the subject tightly but the GP and gimbal don't compare IMO. The Typhoon H is good at everything but not great at anything. If the H had a P4 quality camera it would be the clear winner. If the P4 had better moves it would be the clear winner. Funny as much criticism as Solo has got mine has performed reliably for hundreds of flights. Up at altitude with 11" props it is quiet and flies for almost 15 minutes which is long enough. I'm getting 16-7 minutes from the H and 17-8 out of the P4; not much difference at high altitude. The P4 is flat out loud compared to the H and Solo with 11" props.

So I have all three and use each for what it is best. The H is best in wind and Follow, the P4 has the best image and Solo the best moves. They are what they are and I do not think there is a clear winner, get what suits you best.

BTW YT really degrades the IQ so it is difficult for a proper compare. I'm using 2.7k on Solo for a narrower FOV and it looks a lot better off YT. "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval