Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H No Fly Zone

What I've found interesting is that while I'm outside of a NFZ (according some drone apps), I am in one of the flight paths of landing planes at the regional airport...so I've been keeping a keen eye out for any approaching flights.
I don't know how I read this post from June but is this a serious post?

I am FAR from the police around here. In fact, some would say I am the resident criminal but they would be dirty rotten scoundrels.

But are you serious that you fly in the line of a direct flight path for multiple passenger planes and you've been "keeping a keen eye out for any approaching flights"?!?!

This is so egregiously stupid that I am going to assume you were kidding. I am dumbfounded. You're joking though right?

Doing this would also put an onus on you or anyone who they would completely lift the NFZ restrictions for; that if a craft that was NFZ free and were to be sold on to another user second hand, that the NFZ be reinstated prior to sale. If it was not not reinstated, then you might take on some responsibility for where that craft flies. Maybe this is already part of the wavier?
As a matter of law, you would not be liable for what someone else does. You would have to make sure you could prove that it wasn't you flying it, but that would be pretty easy I would imagine, unless you sell it to your neighbor or something. When you sell it, get a bill of sale and on the bill of sale (assuming you can't deactivate the NFZ) have it noted and have the person sign it they you are transferring ownership and that you are lo longer in control of, or responsible for the flight of that craft.

You can't just charge someone with a crime they didn't commit but you should safeguard yourself from any doubt. And no, they can't write in a waiver "if you ever sell it and that person...." because that would be Yuneec creating the letter of the law in this country and that's not how out legal system works. Not only do you have to be the one who did it, but you have to intend to. Almost everything that is criminal has to have intent or it is not criminal. Manslaughter, child/statutory rape and various forms of negligence are the only crimes where it intent is a non-factor.

I know I off on one of my tangents now but I suppose if you got an overzealous prosecutor if you sold your non-NFZ bird and that person killed someone and they claimed they didn't know they were in an NFZ because you waived it, then you could be held responsible by way of negligence and a death involved in that negligence would rise to manslaughter.

So I go back to my original statement. You would be fine if you cover your *** with the sale and the acknowledgement of the fact that the new owner must be aware of NFZ's on his own. Wouldn't want to get charged with manslaughter after all. Speaking of manslaughter, if you want to laugh, watch this:

I defy anyone to watch this until the end and not laugh their *** off:

Last edited:
As a matter of law, you would not be liable for what someone else does. You would have to make sure you could prove that it wasn't you flying it, but that would be pretty easy I would imagine, unless you sell it to your neighbor or something. When you sell it, get a bill of sale and on the bill of sale (assuming you can't deactivate the NFZ) have it noted and have the person sign it they you are transferring ownership and that you are lo longer in control of, or responsible for the flight of that craft.

You can't just charge someone with a crime they didn't commit but you should safeguard yourself from any doubt. And no, they can't write in a waiver "if you ever sell it and that person...." because that would be Yuneec creating the letter of the law in this country and that's not how out legal system works. Not only do you have to be the one who did it, but you have to intend to. Almost everything that is criminal has to have intent or it is not criminal. Manslaughter, child/statutory rape and various forms of negligence are the only crimes where it intent is a non-factor.

I know I off on one of my tangents now but I suppose if you got an overzealous prosecutor if you sold your non-NFZ bird and that person killed someone and they claimed they didn't know they were in an NFZ because you waived it, then you could be held responsible by way of negligence and a death involved in that negligence would rise to manslaughter.

So I go back to my original statement. You would be fine if you cover your *** with the sale and the acknowledgement of the fact that the new owner must be aware of NFZ's on his own. Wouldn't want to get charged with manslaughter after all. Speaking of manslaughter, if you want to laugh, watch this:

I defy anyone to watch this until the end and not laugh their *** off:

I guess that's arguable and it's how the solicitors/lawyers make their money
....the guy if you sold it to him could assumed that it was NFZ restricted and he could fly right into a NFZ cause - accident and claim that he reasonably believed that all typhoon H's were NFZ restricted as advertised by Yuneec, so therefore how could he be in a NFZ.... Unless of course that you like you say explicitly state the opposite in your sale - if not he could claim that you sold him a loaded gun not a empty one like he believed he was getting....and point some blame to you....it's a grey area because the NFZ wavier for that H was given to you and the H not for a new owner and the H. Even though Yuneec don't administer the law, they do advertise NFZ restrictions which form part of the contract of sale so if a special contract (wavier) is drawn up to amend the original sale agreement, this should be considered in the sale of a 2nd hand bird with NFZ restrictions lifted.

I guess that's arguable and it's how the solicitors/lawyers make their money
....the guy if you sold it to him could assumed that it was NFZ restricted and he could fly right into a NFZ cause - accident and claim that he reasonably believed that all typhoon H's were NFZ restricted as advertised by Yuneec, so therefore how could he be in a NFZ.... Unless of course that you like you say explicitly state the opposite in your sale - if not he could claim that you sold him a loaded gun not a empty one like he believed he was getting....and point some blame to you....it's a grey area because the NFZ wavier for that H was given to you and the H not for a new owner and the H. Even though Yuneec don't administer the law, they do advertise NFZ restrictions which form part of the contract of sale so if a special contract (wavier) is drawn up to amend the original sale agreement, this should be considered in the sale of a 2nd hand bird with NFZ restrictions lifted.
You are right in most of this post except for "I guess it's arguable". It's really not. With a contact (receipt/bill of sale) explicitly stating that the waiver has been executed and a couple lines on the fact that it is up to the owner to know his NFZs, you are TECHNICALLY in the clear from any wrong doing that could occur with that bird.

As I said without doing that, you are probably still safe as it's not law for them to even have a GEO fence, it's at the end of the day up to the end user.

You could probably sell it with the waiver and never even get that bill of sale and be perfectly clear of wrong doing (including negligence) even if you don't tell the person because it's not up to Yuneec or you to tell that person where they can fly and where they can't which is the whole reason the waiver is legal to exist. If it was law that it be on, there would be no waiver.

Therefore impetus would be on the owner to find a legal, safe place to fly regardless. But to play my cards safely, I would definitely try to undo the waiver or in the alternative, like we said, put it in the BOS.

Now it's football day!

Happy flying!

Doing this would also put an onus on you or anyone who they would completely lift the NFZ restrictions for; that if a craft that was NFZ free and were to be sold on to another user second hand, that the NFZ be reinstated prior to sale. If it was not not reinstated, then you might take on some responsibility for where that craft flies. Maybe this is already part of the wavier?

I have restrictions removed with RPQ-s / CAA accreditation documents supplied. Yuneec Uk issued my removal code on the understanding that I cannot sell the H without reinstating the NFZ feature.

Reactions: banned user
Lol, here is my map using airmap. Note that the middle area of the island is mostly mountains and not easily accessible.

Is it really worth holding on to it and hoping yuneec will release a firmware?

Screenshot_20160610_125833.jpg

Can you fly at Al Mona Beach Park?

Check with local regulators, if Ala Mo is a state park you may not be able to fly there regardless of an NFZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi guys
I am from Estonia and over here the noflyzone map of yuneec and our FAA maps are way off.
I have been flying all sorts of drones for years now and Typhoon H is my very first i have bought as RTF from shop
I love it because its so small and portable for a hex with 360dgr camera and sometimes i can take just YTH instead my bigger hexas for smaller shoots with me.
The thing is that there are places that yuneec wont arm because it says no fly zone where its actually not and i cant use it.
I have been writing to yuneec UK(they are wery nice and fast for answering) and they directed me to Yuneec EU with my problem and i have been sending them many letters,but just no answer for weeks now.
Please if someone can help me out with nfz firmware, i would appreciate it a lot.
My e-mail is [email protected]

Here is our local official nfz map if you want to compare with yuneec-s map
Kaart - Droonipiloodid.ee

Best regards
Rain

A great many reports indicate Yuneec EU is less than enthusiastic in assisting their customers. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have asked twice for a form or code whatever for complete removal of the NFZ and it seems to be the only email they do not respond to o_O

I have restrictions removed with RPQ-s / CAA accreditation documents supplied. Yuneec Uk issued my removal code on the understanding that I cannot sell the H without reinstating the NFZ feature.
i have the same restiction

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone