Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro Intel realsense or Dji phantom 4

Reaction score
I was just about to buy the dji 4 cause I can get a discount on it but not on the typhoon H & did not know when the Intel real sense was coming out until yneec just released the Typhoon H Pro with the real sense with it releases date today..So I was about to pay $1150 for the dji 4 with discount..I wanted the Typhoon H but I didn't get no discount on it & wanted a drone that has optical avoidance & saw that Dji 4 was maybe the best one to get for that reason rather then advance H. But now that H Pro is coming soon I'm stuck on if I should just buy the Dji 4 or wait till the Typhoon Pro is released in a couple of weeks.

My first choice was Typhoon H cause I like the looks of it & other stuff as well but it was at $1299 with no real sense on it something I wanted. So then I gonna get Dji 4 that is price at $1399 but with discount it was gonna be $1150 for me. But today I saw the Typhoon Pro with real sense that will be here sometime next month is price at $1899 & dose come with a couple of things. What should I do I don't own a drone yet & would like some opinion please.

I was just about to buy the dji 4 cause I can get a discount on it but not on the typhoon H & did not know when the Intel real sense was coming out until yneec just released the Typhoon H Pro with the real sense with it releases date today..So I was about to pay $1150 for the dji 4 with discount..I wanted the Typhoon H but I didn't get no discount on it & wanted a drone that has optical avoidance & saw that Dji 4 was maybe the best one to get for that reason rather then advance H. But now that H Pro is coming soon I'm stuck on if I should just buy the Dji 4 or wait till the Typhoon Pro is released in a couple of weeks.

My first choice was Typhoon H cause I like the looks of it & other stuff as well but it was at $1299 with no real sense on it something I wanted. So then I gonna get Dji 4 that is price at $1399 but with discount it was gonna be $1150 for me. But today I saw the Typhoon Pro with real sense that will be here sometime next month is price at $1899 & dose come with a couple of things. What should I do I don't own a drone yet & would like some opinion please.
Of course that choice would be up to you, however, if you have never flown a drone before I would suggest that you start with a smaller, cheaper drone and learn to fly first. That would be a lot of money to invest for first drone in my opinion.

Of course that choice would be up to you, however, if you have never flown a drone before I would suggest that you start with a smaller, cheaper drone and learn to fly first. That would be a lot of money to invest for first drone in my opinion.

I can understand that & dose make sense but it's just something about the typhoon H that make me like it more than the Dji 4. Even tho I don't own or haven't flew a drone before I have watch lot of YouTube video to help me out for me to get a look at some features both drones have & don't have.The Dji only have the optical avoidance that I really wanted to use on it for the active track but now that the Typhoon H Pro is near with the realsense, do you think that Yneec Intel realsense will be better than Dji Phantom 4 optical avoidance?? & thank for the reply & im a fast learner so I would definitely practice first on flying in a open field for a couple days

Yes, I do think that the Typhoon H Pro will be the best option with intel realsense. Open field will be great to learn to fly the H. Just study the videos from pilots that show you what, how, to do and what not to do. I'm sure you have seen the FAA requirements for hobbyist is just register your drone and how to do that can be found on this forum. Read the rules and take is slow and you will be fine. Happy flying.

Reactions: Youngrod1life2live
Yes, I do think that the Typhoon H Pro will be the best option with intel realsense. Open field will be great to learn to fly the H. Just study the videos from pilots that show you what, how, to do and what not to do. I'm sure you have seen the FAA requirements for hobbyist is just register your drone and how to do that can be found on this forum. Read the rules and take is slow and you will be fine. Happy flying.

Thanks for your input

What do you plan to use the drone for?

Well Young,
I'm no novice at these things and it took me a bit to get used to the Yuneec Typhoon H; not so much flying it but my brain is programmed for the Taranis radio set up for my other copters. The camera I've yet to coordinate myself to, but am improving. The Wizard I have to say is pretty slick.

Do yourself a favor, buy a $30-50 toy grade and master it. You'll be much happier

Well Young,
I'm no novice at these things and it took me a bit to get used to the Yuneec Typhoon H; not so much flying it but my brain is programmed for the Taranis radio set up for my other copters. The camera I've yet to coordinate myself to as I'm used to yawing the copter, not the camera, but am improving. The Wizard I have to say is pretty slick.

Do yourself a favor, buy a $30-50 toy grade and master it. You'll be much happier

Well Young,
I'm no novice at these things and it took me a bit to get used to the Yuneec Typhoon H; not so much flying it but my brain is programmed for the Taranis radio set up for my other copters. The camera I've yet to coordinate myself to, but am improving. The Wizard I have to say is pretty slick.

Thanks for your suggestion but I'm sorry I'm no kids lol...I know what u mean tho for me to learn how to fly with something that less expensive that I may break...I'm a fast learner I never knew how to fix cars until I got tired of over paying people for something I may can do on my own so I started to look up YouTube videos on how to fix things on my car & now I know how to work on other people car just of the help of YouTube video...

I guess my point is I been doing research on these drones for about a month now & watch tons of video & no if I take my time that I could learn on how to fly by y'all or YouTube video. just would like to know if the Typhoon H Pro obstacle avoidance would be better than the Phantom 4 obstacles avoidance?

I purchased my first drone this year, a Phantom 4. Watched a lot of YouTube videos, but have to say it was very easy to fly. Have even taken my grandkids out and they can fly it. I think it's a very reliable and easy drone to start with.

For photography & music video... do you own a drone? & if so can you give me some of your own input about these two drone

I always as first time buyers of the more expensive hobby drones what they will use it for because that usually then gives a clear idea of what drone to get. As for drones, I have several DJI Phantoms and one Yuneec Typhoon H.

Here is what I can tell you to help with your choice:

Where do you plan to fly the drone? If it is out in the Country over farmland, then either drone will do. If it is near buildings or forests or large populated areas than the Phantom will perform better when it comes to having a solid communication signal.

Do you own a modern Smart Phone or Tablet? If you don't then you should get the Typhoon H because it comes with a really nice controller with a built in tablet.

Are you an experienced photographer? If the answer is Yes, then either the Phantom or the Typhoon is fine. Just know that the Typhoon's camera is not as advanced as the camera on the Phantom (the Typhoon camera does not handle lighting situations as well as the Phantom does). But you can still take great video if you have a knowledge of photography and know how to adjust the settings... and the Typhoon also has the added benefit of having a camera that can rotate 360 degrees.

Newbie Object Avoidance? The Object Avoidance on the Phantom 4 is designed for the newbie who is just learning how to fly. It works and can get you out of trouble, ONLY if you are flying forward into an object. The Typhoon H has object avoidance that is similar and ONLY works if you are flying forward into an object. The Typhoon Professional with Realsense is a whole new category of object avoidance. It has a wider view than the Phantom 4 so it should keep your drone safe when flying forward into objects.

Do you plan to fly indoors? The Phantom 4 comes ready to fly indoors. The Typhoon H Advanced, does not. The Typhoon H Professional with Realsense also has an IPS module for flying indoors.

Both drones are easy to fly once you know how to fly a drone. From my experience the Phantom's are more response than the Typhoon. If you fly a Phantom at full speed in one direction and let go of the sticks, it will go into a braking motion and stop still within a few feet. The Typhoon H takes a bit more area to come to a stop. It's only important if you find yourself flying towards something you shouldn't be and you don't have the object avoidance engaged.

Finally, the Typhoon H will fly very smooth compared to a Phantom 4. The Typhoon rises and lowers smoothly and also will fly smoothly. If you can get the model with the WIZARD included, than you have many more photography options.

Good luck!

Reactions: Youngrod1life2live

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval