Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro model vs Advanced (Advice Requested)

Not sure why you need to change the RTH height if flying LOS?

Good lord another LOS argument, same can be said for not needing real sense to avoid objects on RTH if LOS or for that matter the use of real sense while skateboarding in the Yuneec promotional material.

I guess you never practised an orbit around a tree in the middle of a park or if you did you diligently walked under the drone keeping it in sight 100% of the time with losing sight of it for even a second.

I've a decision to make, as I don't want to be without a 'copter for the rest of the season, and need to replace my drowned H soon.

Looking for a definitive list of reasons why the Pro version (which I cannot seem to get yet) might be better than the "Advanced" version.

Notes (to be corrected if I am wrong, or missing something)

1. Advanced has no Realsense, but could be added easily
2. Pro as a kit is more expensive than Advanced plus Realsense Module
3. Pro has longer antennae on copter body
4. Pro has three antennae on ST16
5. CGO3+ is the same on Advanced and Pro
6. Considering that RealSense Module may use power/add weight, cut into flight time
7. I cannot seem to get my hands on a Pro kit for the nominal price of $1899, as the only ones that have them are much higher .... everyone else says "Not Available - yet" So. ..when?

Any thoughts? I appreciate all input. Also, I did search, but found nothing specifying these things, except in other posts, not directly related or searchable.

I did see one on Dell's Website the other day. Said 1 - 3 days for shipping. It's priced at $1899.
YUNEEC Typhoon H Hexacopter with Intel RealSense, GCO3+ 4K Camera, and Backpack : Game Consoles & Video Games | Dell

Not sure why you need to change the RTH height if flying LOS?
The User Manual V1.1 states that the RTH height is at least 33 ft. If the drone is lower than 33 ft. when you activate RTH, it will climb to 33 ft. then fly straight back and land itself. If the drone is higher than 33 ft., it will return at its current altitude. Been there, done that. I emphasize "straight back". Make sure the drone is always higher than any obstacle that is directly between you and it, just in case you need RTH. Or, increase altitude before activating RTH, even if you've lost video connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval