Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Prop Guards

Did you tip the pizza delivery guy? LOL !:rolleyes:
In fact it was the first pizza I got delivered by DHL! But the DHL guy didn't notice that because there was a larger transportation box around it.
This "piece" has a worthy price of just 29.90 EUR. It has a high protection value for speeds in the range of the RS/IPS module, so it could be ideal for indoor flying.
Today I spent co-piloting flying indoors inside large exhibition halls with lots of obstacles. I always thought it would be nicer to have the YTH PRO RS/IPS + "Carbon Prop Guard Ring" on this job than the competitor's pro model...

Reactions: Brian Mackey
In fact it was the first pizza I got delivered by DHL! But the DHL guy didn't notice that because there was a larger transportation box around it.
This "piece" has a worthy price of just 29.90 EUR. It has a high protection value for speeds in the range of the RS/IPS module, so it could be ideal for indoor flying.
Today I spent co-piloting flying indoors inside large exhibition halls with lots of obstacles. I always thought it would be nicer to have the YTH PRO RS/IPS + "Carbon Prop Guard Ring" on this job than the competitor's pro model...

that sight wont ship to the US LOL can you buy a couple for us :)

Kindly tell us more about flying indoors. Is this with the Pro? very little info till now about indoor flight, the RS and IPS.

I'll tell you Ray!, Was a bird(Sparrow, Hawk,Eagle etc.) born to fly indoors? No! Neither was your H. Your H was born to be freee! and smell the warm caressing breeze of flight, with the sun caressing it's back as it soars through the wild blue yonder!:rolleyes:

Got mine two weeks ago from Austria. However my Typhoon H pro (RS) is at Yuneec Europe in Germany so was not able to try them out.

Arno

I'll tell you Ray!, Was a bird(Sparrow, Hawk,Eagle etc.) born to fly indoors? No! Neither was your H. Your H was born to be freee! and smell the warm caressing breeze of flight, with the sun caressing it's back as it soars through the wild blue yonder!:rolleyes:

Hopefully with the watchful eye of GPS keeping an overall view on you. :)

Reactions: DroneClone
Did you tip the pizza delivery guy? LOL !:rolleyes:
that sight wont ship to the US LOL can you buy a couple for us :)
The carbon prop guard ring is an official Yuneec product. I think US dealers will get them soon, too.
Sometimes I order things from the US. Products are held back at Frankfurt Airport customs. E.g. FedEx will send you a customs form you have to file to them and they continue delivering to your door after you have paid the official tax and their fee (about 20EUR?).

Kindly tell us more about flying indoors. Is this with the Pro? very little info till now about indoor flight, the RS and IPS.
On calm evenings I tested T/Os without GPS and flew with OBS (RS+IPS) on over short cut grass. It works fine although I found a nice AI flaw: while RS is able to draw a 3D map of its surrounding, it seems to have problems in re-sensing meanwhile vanished obstacles. It senses phantom obstacles so to say, which stopped existing... (this only applies when GPS on)
Besides that, the endless 360° gimbal (switch set to global) flown in Angle Mode with the YTH always flown with senors ahead is working as it should. A great feature. Although I still have to fly it indoors. Especially the tendency to avoid obstacles by overflying them could be problematic with low ceiling hights...
EDIT: I just re-tested RS with GPS off and noticed that RS does not work without GPS. As GPS always turns itself on again after the YTH is restarted I might not have noticed this during no wind conditions or something has changed? Do the original Sensors (ultra sonic) work without GPS?
Now that is confusing because flying indoors with an unstable GPS signal being necessary for using OBS (ultra sonic or real sense) simply makes no sense. On the other hand RS might require GPS data for its 3D map model memory...
EDIT2: thinking about using smart mode with OBS indoors is the same dilemma. No GPS, no smart mode, no OBS with sensors automatically facing forward! Will IPS work when RS off due to no GPS data?

Last edited:
ordered my set in Germany and family member bring me it today to Uk
packs looks like pizza :) this is Yuneec product cost 32euro delivered to germany address

full

on pack show weight 440g its all together with box
measured all together on my scale is 460g just the box 370g so the guards alone about 90g

This would easily save the drone from damage if it ran into a solid object. Prop guards work great on Phantoms, so no reason they shouldn't work great on the Typhoon H. If you never plan to fly close to trees or near sold objects (rock walls, buildings, fences, etc), then you have little use for prop guards. It's nice to know that this option exists.

Chimneys and roof vent piping etc.. I will be getting one whenever they get here :)

Had a similar "incident" as Joel Lukacher. I was testing the "Orbit Me" mode, increasing & decreasing the distance from me, while I was walking. Occasionally, I changed directions...but, on one "orbit", i changed directions, and then quickly changed directions again. This must have 'confused' the Typhoon H, causing it to do what it did. I've clipped the 5-minute video to show "the incident", as well as the few "orbits" leading up to it. Enjoy.

wow

ordered my set in Germany and family member bring me it today to Uk
packs looks like pizza :) this is Yuneec product cost 32euro delivered to germany address
on pack show weight 440g its all together with box
measured all together on my scale is 460g just the box 370g so the guards alone about 90g
Hello,
i have the same, the weight is 70 grs

I have these after-market prop guards from Amazon. They are very sturdy BUT they completely cover the LEDs and the cooling vents on the motors. I intend on using a Dremel tool to cut out the bottoms and whatever else to open up the venting. I am not sure what it will do to the strength of the guards.

They are also a real pain to remove and I am not sure how many times they can be installed and removed before the latches wear out or break. AND when they are attached you can't put the H into its case so you will need a way to protect the H when traveling to a flying field or wherever. But as I said they are very sturdy -far more than the ones from Yuneec.

Last edited:
Respectfully:
Let me start by saying we need moderators, too many threads go way off subject or get to insults etc.. I don't know how to contact any of the moderators directly nor do I know which one deleted my post so I will post here. Hopefully they will put a bit more thought in before deleting another post from anyone.

To the moderator that will probably delete this comment (after all this is an 'old' thread) - please make sure the other moderators get the message before you delete this.

I just saw this message in my alerts regarding a post I left about a week or two earlier: "Your post in the thread Typhoon H Prop Guards was deleted. Reason: This thread is old. Start a new thread if you wish. Feb 18, 2017 "

The thread was started 7 months previous to my posting. The last comment to it (before my deletion) was 5 months ago.

Seeing that a moderator had the inclination and took the effort to delete it vs. leaving it in the OPEN thread that still exists boggles my mind. Of course how much effort is required to hit the delete key - no where near the effort I took to compose the comment. This was very useful and up to date information - it nor any of the info in this thread is 'old' or out of date.

I took a fair amount of time for me to properly compose it (typos, spelling and grammar etc) with accurate information. I find that sometime posters leave unintelligible vague and confusing questions or answers. Being we're talking about $1600 multi-copters AND safety to anyone near your flying multi-copter I think it is important to be clear about it.

Anyway, I posted some very relevant information based on personal experience with prop guards that are being sold currently. My information is still completely valid and IMHO very useful to anyone looking for TH prop guards. As far as I know there are only two choices for TH prop guards with the aftermarket one being sold under several brand names. Both prop guards were covered in this thread. Both choices that I know about and referenced in the thread were poor in my opinion but the aftermarket guards could have been modified to make them very useful and I covered that.

I have found a lot of very helpful information in this forum and I found it by doing a search. Many of the postings are 'old'. It doesn't matter how old the thread or post is to me but it does matter how helpful the information is. I would add that seven - five months is not an old thread - to me anyway. The information in my comment was not old. The Typhoon H and prop guards for it are still available - it IS the current model available from Yuneec.

I find it a great disservice to all to remove relevant information that is posted for reasons of it being on an 'old' thread.

I might add that of all my postings that would have been chosen to be deleted (and there is at least one that I would understand) I am at a loss to see that this would have been the one.

So I ask:
Why would a post with very relevant up to date information be deleted from a thread that still contains (now less) useful information of interest to anyone interested in TH prop guards rather than just leaving the post left alone?

AND Why should I go through the time and effort to create a new thread when all the information had been in the existing thread (still open for comments)?

AND Why not just close the thread to further comments (and state why it is being done in the thread)?

Color me - disappointed.

sturdier guards have been available on ebay for several months.

Please provide a link to the prop guards you are referring to?

They are probably the same ones I was referring to available on eBay, Amazon, and Internet hobby shops when I said "Both choices that I know about and referenced in the thread were poor in my opinion but the aftermarket guards . . ." in this post and my original post (that was deleted by a moderator because 'this is an old thread'. . .).

If the same (or other) moderator stays true to form - this post of mine, your reply, and my previous post directly before yours will be deleted because . . . 'this is an [7 month] old thread . . .'

My original post hasn't been restored, nor this thread closed, nor have I seen an apology from the the moderator that deleted my post. Obviously if a thread was active and receiving replies and comments - it was no longer 'old' - it was current.

I guess deleting new comments and claiming the thread is old vs active is a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts . .

power corrupts LOL

color me 'still disappointed'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio