Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Milt

For those of you that check your props for balance. I checked 4 sets plus the 4 extra blades
    that came with the H. I have found all of them were heavy on the letter side A and B. The hubs seem to be ok
    on all of them. Just the side with the letter. Check this for yourself, Just wanted everyone to know my findings.

SnowRaven likes this.
  2. SnowRaven

Are you going to balance them?

3. Milt

I all ready did. With a Du-Bro 499. This is the one has the hubs that work with the H. I talked to the Dubro boys and
    this is the one they said to buy. Works great.(member when using the balancer, make sure no fans or air vents are blowing
    on the unit. Also when you let go of the blades when you check them, hold the tip of the blade and release strait out from the tip
    as if you put your hands close to the sides of the blades, the static electricity from your will move the blades.
    Also watch the video on their site. They don't say anything about your hands making blades move.

4. SnowRaven

Thanks, did you sand them on the inside? how badly were they out of balance? (I fly planes as well)

5. Milt

Yes I used 3M pro grade precision P220 from home depot, any 220 works I guess. Sanded on the inside thicker edge out to the middle and
    close to the hub. Works for me, Strange how all of them are the same, guess they came out of the same mold.I just want to eliminate any vibrations that
    I might get otherwise, and my videos might be even better. That's just me.
    Hope this helps ..Fly safe

SnowRaven likes this.
  6. SnowRaven

Yeah balancing makes a huge difference on my 3D planes

7. Tolgademir

Milt, I use the same balancer and I found the same thing. All of my props were heavy on the side with the letter.

SnowRaven likes this.
  8. Milt

I am baffled but that is what I found, oh well. I look at everything that could go wrong.

9. Paladin

One thing I really like about this forum is I learn so much from you guys.
    There was another thread on this but I did not look into more at that time.

I have no idea how to do this but I will search for some videos and check it out just because. i:)i

If anyone has any recommendations on videos and how to do this stuff, please post.

#9 Paladin, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Mike_Flys likes this.
  10. DREAMWASH

Bought a Du-Bro 499 from Amazon for $22
    Just balanced all my props. They were ALL heavy on the (A) or (B) marked propeller and even the hubs for just a hair off balance ALL PROPS!

11. Paladin

I also got a Du-Bro 499. I have not balanced any yet. I am still confused on balancing the props versus the hubs.

I also am just unsure if I want to sand plastic off or add tape etc...

The ones I played with are off just as you said but it is not much.

12. DREAMWASH

I use 100 grit sand paper, just a little off the hub, about 30 seconds of sanding on the backside of the heavy blade

You balance the blade first so that it will lay horizontal without floating downward

Now you place the prop vertical, so the hubs are now on left/right side, if it floats blades horizontal then the hub side that is now down is the heavy side of the hub.. It took no more than 10 seconds of light sanding on that hub side to correct so that it really had no preference which hub side to float down after the light sanding on the heavy hub is done.

13. Milt

Ok this is a picture of an A prop the A is printed on the other side, you can see where I have sanded on the none letter side
    I only take a little at a time very light sanding and you will see black power coming off as you go. Then check the balance
    and sanding until the props stay in any position you place them. I try straight up then 3 o'clock then 9 5 2 10 you get the picture.
    I don't use tape because I just think it could come off at some point. Now if the hubs were out of balance, that is the center
    and when the props were on the 499 and it ended up pointing left and right 3 and 9 and you would turn it 180
    and it flipped back to the other side, well that side down on the hub would be heavy, I have not found any of my props
    out on the hubs. Others say yes, I have 5 complete sets and no hub problems. Hope this helps, read how to
    handle the props while on the du-bro 499 up top post from me.

Attached Files:

14. Sparkorc

Out of the ten props supplied 3 props with the white insert were balanced nothing required, but the rest were not I just used my dubro balancer and used magic tape out towards the tip on the underside to balance only needed a tiny portion to balance, all the hubs were good no balancing required, I've used this method on all my quadcopters, I have in the past also used tape to balance the motors especially when the camera gimbals were not that great and it showed up in the video footage, I had a app on my phone which showed up the slightest vibration when layed across each rotor arm and started the motor without any props on, I wonder if there is still any gain in checking these newer quads for motors being out of balance.

15. SkyDoctor

What balancing rod are you using?

16. Milt

Du-Bro 499

17. SkyDoctor

Thanks for in reply.