Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H review

Am I the only one who thinks the Phantom 3 Pro looks a touch better in this video, than that of the Typhoon H?

The Typhoon H colours, just like on the Q500+ always seem to be on the softer side, which is fine as long as you do post colour processing. Also in the video, when you look at the people on the ground, some are blurry in the video from the Typhoon H (right hand side). I'm guessing there was either a small smudge on the lens or water droplet.

I just can't thank you enough C.D.certainly doing my homework And then some.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Simon did an outstanding review. Looking forward to his follow on reviews & features.
There are some harsh comments at RCG, particularly about the props in view. While Simon does great reviews, neither he or anyone's video I've seen thus far understands how to fly the H for best quality including keeping props out of view. There may be max pitch/roll angle settings, camera angle to level, recommended stick sensitivity etc.

Not everyone is going to be happy no matter how well a product is designed. I'm not going to inject much criticism until someone with full knowledge of how to use the H makes multiple videos and/or tutorial on how to attain the best result. Yuneec needs to do this, much in the same way 3DR does with the Solo. DJI also has "flight school" or something like that.

There are some harsh comments at RCG, particularly about the props in view. While Simon does great reviews, neither he or anyone's video I've seen thus far understands how to fly the H for best quality including keeping props out of view. There may be max pitch/roll angle settings, camera angle to level, recommended stick sensitivity etc.

Not everyone is going to be happy no matter how well a product is designed. I'm not going to inject much criticism until someone with full knowledge of how to use the H makes multiple videos and/or tutorial on how to attain the best result. Yuneec needs to do this, much in the same way 3DR does with the Solo. DJI also has "flight school" or something like that.
Agree. If you're doing aerial filming you just don't use the H in "Rabbit" mode and go flat out then do an abrupt stop/start, you'll get props in the frame. Slow the thing down and cruise, be nice and gentle. Treat it like a lady.;)

Simon comes from the DJI World mostly. He was just so excited to fly that he didn't lower the camera frame or fly in non-rabbit mode. Props in the frame is a non-issue. For newbies who don't know how to prperly set up a shot, it can be an issue.

Question for you all.

Does the H have the same display lag as the P4? Approx 10th of a second?

That is a next to impossible question to answer because the P4 does not have a controller with a built in tablet & it uses Light Bridge technology, not wifi. The video lag on a P4 or P3 is mostly related to the tablet that is being used.

That is a next to impossible question to answer because the P4 does not have a controller with a built in tablet & it uses Light Bridge technology, not wifi. The video lag on a P4 or P3 is mostly related to the tablet that is being used.

Understandable but there has to be some lag regardless of the technology used. Nothing is instant

Yeah thats what I wanted to know, Is the P4 1/10th a second? Is that where he got that number from?
He obtained the 1/10 of a second due to his previous video of the ST16 controller. He placed his fingers in front of the Typhoon H camera and snapped his fingers. His estimate was that there was a 1/10 of a second delay.

There is no official count as yet on the vid delay lag on the Typhoon H. From the demos we have observed, it is significantly small and of a non-issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacknoah