Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Simplified 3.9 mm lens install video 2.5 minutes

I nquired
Well, I meant having a second CGO3+ to do the mod on. It'd void that warranty, but at least having the original camera for the drone that you can pop back on, shouldn't necessarily void the warranty for the original unit.. that's my thought anyways and I could entirely be wrong :p

Quite interested to see the differences in the lenses!
I inquired the other day about buying a separate unit I could experiment with by installing a different sensor and doing some other mods and I was told it would cost $500 for an entirely separate gimbal and camera.

Thanks for posting, is the same lens as Peau products? If not is it a glass lens and 16MP?
How does it compare in comparison in terms of IQ?
I need to find something in the UK

I used these people in France when I change the lens on a gopro hero 3 black edition, this was far superior than the original lens.

A the H CGO3+ has the same thread you may found a suitable lens, I found them very helpful when selecting a lens replacement, and like you living in the UK I want to try keep things reasonably local.

OPTICS-CONCEPT

Why spend $500 on another crappy camera?
To do research on how it can become better, by the way as someone whose collaborative work has been nominated for an academy award I recognize that it's not always the equipment but the person operating it that makes the difference. I would like to see some of your work.

Last edited:
OK, we can change the lens... but who can show me the difference with a video sample ?
I posted a comparison converted lens to a go pro hero 4 black. Later this week I'm going to run the stock lens on a go pro, the yuneec's lens on the same go pro and the upgrade lens on the same goPro. I will also run those three lenses on the CGO3+ camera. I'll use the same flight altitude and heading and tell the cameras to auto expose
I taught a class at the University of Wisconsin "Photography and Video with Drones" two years ago all that ground was covered with samples which illustrated the various "fields of view" with samples and other shortcomings of available M12 board lenses (that is what these lenses are). Believe it or not I'm currently too busy to post that material and quite honestly wondering why more people aren't more self inquisitive instead of the constant complaining and desire for other people to figure out how to improve what is available and push the envelope of development along. Have you ever bought a product which is some way could be better? I would think the answer would be of course.

I posted a comparison converted lens to a go pro hero 4 black. Later this week I'm going to run the stock lens on a go pro, the yuneec's lens on the same go pro and the upgrade lens on the same goPro. I will also run those three lenses on the CGO3+ camera. I'll use the same flight altitude and heading and tell the cameras to auto expose
I'm pleased to hear you plan on contributing to the conversation...I did this for a class I taught 2 years ago after contacting several lens manufacturers and trying 8 or 9 lenses..I settled on the 5.4 mm Aico lens which had a field of view of 64 degrees. Unfortunately changing out to that lens is difficult because the lens mount on the CGO3+ is too short for focus, removal of that mount due to epoxy glue and a circuit board smaller than a postage stamp with four separately soldered hair thin wires which controls the gimbal. While your posting send me a link to your web site I would like to see your work.

The problem is unless you are going to re-write the firmware and/or change out the processor you're not really going to be able to improve the camera after you change out the lens.
I don't regard that as a problem but rather a challenge and of course I would be replacing the sensor. The H can carry a larger payload and even Yuneec has plans for the possibility of different gimbals which use different off the shelf cameras. I'm working out of town for the next two week shooting traditional video and photography so I will not be able to do much until I return home.

{Why do people post this stuff and never post links to the replacement equipment they use like the 5.4 lens? Do they think we can source these at our local Home Depot???}

What do you think the link at the end of the video is for? Skydrones USA is where I got my lens...note at the beginning title of what video is about...note above title who is presenting video...do you think there's a connection?

Reactions: m20b_pilot
Here is a video on how to quickly and easily change your 3.9mm lens. The running time is less than
2.5 minutes...not entertaining just informational. This will void your warranty I would assume.

hello,
what is the product that you use to dissolve the glue ?
And are you able to have the center and net edges of the image ?
thank you

Just like having a second camera. There will be extras soon on eBay.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
hello,
what is the product that you use to dissolve the glue ?
And are you able to have the center and net edges of the image ?
thank you
I believe he states in the video he used rubbing/ isopropyl alcohol. It doesn't dissolve it makes it more brittle and easier to remove.

Reactions: Mickeyboo
I believe he states in the video he used rubbing/ isopropyl alcohol. It doesn't dissolve it makes it more brittle and easier to remove.
I don't understand english, and spécially when he say type of alcohol...
but thank you for your help

Mickeyboo, can't see the video you upload, anylinks from you at youtube?

Is there an ir cut filter over the sensor or is it in the lens. I ask only because I have a few really good M12 mount lens but they aren't ir cut.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss