Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H, That bad ???

Reaction score
I saw a lot of angry peoples posting comments about ''expedited'' firmware upgrades causing problems. We cant deny Yuneec struggle big time since the 2 last updates, but nobody mentionned that the hardware itself, (Structural components and electronics) are rarely, if never, involved in crashes or issues reported in this forum. Proof, a lot of TH pilots are sticking with older firmwares and theyre able to fly ''flawlessly''.

Before posting a new negative thread about the TH, take a look at the other drone forums. Compare drone prices in term of performance and reliability, you will see that the grass is far from being greener out there.

Im a proud owner of 2 TH and im happy with it, even if its not perfect. But, hey ! didnt buy a 3000 $ drone, after all !!! Just hope the new upgrade will make a difference for those who had serious problems with the ''H'' ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certainly happier now. I have only flown one battery but it was flawless. I wil have some time this weekend to try more but today's firmware was a major turnaround for me. It actually will fly now.

Im one of the ones who haven't installed any of the September firmware updates and my H flies just fine. I feel for those who are having issues though and I really want to update for the new feature's but I dare not.
Yuneec don't really help themselves by remaining silent either, it does not instill confidence. Then conflicting alleged comments from a service centre telling us we don't need to update if everything is working OK and its up to us to decide? WTF?
It is a requirement of CAA/FAA to be on the latest firmware if flying commercially and yet I dare not. So when will it be safe to update? Who knows?Yuneec are leaving more questions than answers.
Sorry if this is another negative post it wasn;t meant to be.
You are right that the grass is not really any greener and I like my H but Yuneec really need to open up about what is wrong and what they plan to do about it.
I won't even start on the camera debacle...

So if I would really like to reach out to Yuneec and say "Talk to your loyal owners Yuneec, tell us about the issues, tell us what your plan to fix them is, if you don't know how to fix them then tell us that too. Most will respect you more for that and you may retain some loyalty"

Reactions: Daemon1
It is a requirement of CAA/FAA to be on the latest firmware if flying commercially and yet I dare not.

I'm pretty sure it's not a requirement to be on the latest firmware. If Cessna released a newer engine, you're not required to replace your existing one. There's a distinction here between not flying with an unsafe configuration and a firmware update that applies an unknown set of new features and modifications. It would make more sense if the regulations required that you *did not* apply a new firmware release until it has been confirmed as safe.

As it is, firmware updates are ALWAYS a risk, and a new platform is ALWAYS going to evolve. If you want to benefit from bleeding edge technology, you have to be able to deal with the unexpected occasionally. The reward is in the flying!

I'm pretty sure it's not a requirement to be on the latest firmware. If Cessna released a newer engine, you're not required to replace your existing one. There's a distinction here between not flying with an unsafe configuration and a firmware update that applies an unknown set of new features and modifications. It would make more sense if the regulations required that you *did not* apply a new firmware release until it has been confirmed as safe.

As it is, firmware updates are ALWAYS a risk, and a new platform is ALWAYS going to evolve. If you want to benefit from bleeding edge technology, you have to be able to deal with the unexpected occasionally. The reward is in the flying!
It was certainly put over to us that way during the theory training course. I will have to come back to you on a definitive answer though.
However, I am totally in agreement that the CAA would be acceptiing of not installing suspect firmware and could be Risk Asessed as such.

Well I have used the 9/01 and the 9/13. My camera is taking better pictures and videos. I personally will wait for a while in this most recent fix. At this time there is nothing to improve on my TH. I am enjoying this months FW. I haven't received a compass calibration warning or a problem of heating. Fly safe my friends.

With yuneec you can still select to install the update yes or no.
With DJI after some time you will not be able to fly without installing the latest firmware.
Marnix

Reactions: Pepe_Pew
With yuneec you can still select to install the update yes or no.
With DJI after some time you will not be able to fly without installing the latest firmware.
Marnix

You have the choice with Yuneec to install when and if... the software never checks itself and forces upgrades. It is 100% voluntary at this point. I don't see that changing for them. But keep in mind if this Sept 26th code DOES really fix the issues, you should move to it at some point you feel good about it.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I get it that updating the H with every new update and added features is all part of the fun of the hobby for a whole lot of people. Complaining about and then sorting out the headaches they cause is the real reward admit it or not. I have one of the very first H's shipped and did the first update but nothing since. Have never done any calibrations other than what was required for the update. It has always performed flawlessly. At some point I realized that my H was like my I phone. My phone has features on it that I will never ever use and to be honest many of the new features with the H updates I will never use either. From my experience after having tried a feature that I don't use all the time I can never remember how to do it again unless I start all over again with instructions. I guess my point is that if your H is flying good and already does the things you want it to do and there is nothing in an update that is going to change your life think twice before you start messing with it.

I get it that updating the H with every new update and added features is all part of the fun of the hobby for a whole lot of people. Complaining about and then sorting out the headaches they cause is the real reward admit it or not. I have one of the very first H's shipped and did the first update but nothing since. Have never done any calibrations other than what was required for the update. It has always performed flawlessly. At some point I realized that my H was like my I phone. My phone has features on it that I will never ever use and to be honest many of the new features with the H updates I will never use either. From my experience after having tried a feature that I don't use all the time I can never remember how to do it again unless I start all over again with instructions. I guess my point is that if your H is flying good and already does the things you want it to do and there is nothing in an update that is going to change your life think twice before you start messing with it.

Have to agree with you completely KEN .... and I am in the same position as you .... pretty sure I did the July update that gave us the ability to turn off GPS .... and haven't touched it since as its ...."touch wood" .... perfect. I only do Compass Calibrations when I fly in a new location that is a reasonable distance from any of my past launch points .... and I haven't yet found a need for any of the new features introduced in the September updates .... and so haven't seen the need to update.

Guess I will just stick with my current configuration until I REALLY need something else .... as the old saying goes .... "If it ain't broke .... don't change it".

Cheers :cool:

Reactions: antiloop695

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval