Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Gurusonwheels

Anyone have any idea what the
    Thrust is on the typhoon H
    Factory motor and prop.

2. K3CFPV

I just got a spare motor and prop adapters a few days ago. Have the motor mounted on my thrust stand. One problem I ran into is that Yuneec (again) did something different. The motors came with 1mm male bullet connectors already attached - nice. However, while most male bullet connectors have the bulged sides and the females have a smoother interior, Yuneec chose a smooth male. They are too loose to fit a standard female connector. I'd like to keep the motor as a spare so I don't want to change the ends. Before I can do my thrust measurements, I need to find the appropriate 1mm female connectors that mate firmly with the motor connectors. Hopefully soon. If anyone knows of a source, please let me know.

3. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

Small alligator clip would work for short testing, or just shove the wire in there.

4. K3CFPV

Made soom bullet adapters to keep the motor stock and got everything hooked up, so I decided to do some quick thrust measurements at 50% throttle (typical hover point) and 100% throttle.

50% throttle, 4.2A, 49W, 12.0 oz, 5550 RPM
    100% throttle, 10.7A. 126W, 24.8 oz, 7600 RPM

Rough calculations are 4.5# thrust at mid throttle (my H has a measured GTOW of 4.33#) so this seams reasonable. Also, total battery draw at hover would be around 25A (5C if you use 5400 mAh, 4C if 6300 mAh). At WOT, draw jumps to 64.2A (12C or 10C). Not a big load for even a half way decent battery.

Also, doing the static thrust measurements for the prop (9" dia), I calculate a pitch of roughly 3.5.

Plan to do more measurements and develop thrust curves later this week.

#4 K3CFPV, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  5. Gurusonwheels

Thanks for the Intel .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

6. K3CFPV

Ran a few more data points this morning and plotted Power (W) and Current (A) vs. Thrust (g). Let me know what other data would be helpful and I'll try to accomodate?

Attached Files:

7. K3CFPV

Making a universal prop adapter and have some 9x4.3 and 9x4.7 props on order. Also looking at Graupners 9" tri-props. Will post data when I get the comparisons done.