Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Unboxing!

Watching that unboxing makes the Typhoon H look pretty sweet. The guys in the video are not 100% knowledgable about the bird (they get some facts wrong), but still pretty sweet that they received a unit and made the video!
wow can't wait............AMAZING>>>>

On one of the reviews of the H there are some close ups of the ST 16 controller. One switch on the right says OBS AVOID presumably the avoidance system. So the avoidance system can be switched off but why? Does it go faster with it off or what? Interesting. Delivery date latest I got is 4th May from Yuneec UK, including the fact that in the first shipment they are expecting a spare battery consignment as well.

On one of the reviews of the H there are some close ups of the ST 16 controller. One switch on the right says OBS AVOID presumably the avoidance system. So the avoidance system can be switched off but why? Does it go faster with it off or what? Interesting. Delivery date latest I got is 4th May from Yuneec UK, including the fact that in the first shipment they are expecting a spare battery consignment as well.
I do believe the avoidance will only work in turtle mode which is slower yes.

I love the fact that there is a hard switch to turn it on or off. The Phantom 4 requires that you do it via software which can be problamatic... easy to forget that you have not turned it back on.

According to the Digital review the latest the turtle/rabbit (slow/fast would be UK nomenclature) mode switch is on the back. This switch could have automatically switched off the avoidance system if it was felt unsafe? Hopefully by the end of the first week in May will know.

I love the fact that there is a hard switch to turn it on or off. The Phantom 4 requires that you do it via software which can be problamatic... easy to forget that you have not turned it back on.

With such an important operation it is possibly best done in software perhaps? A single click switch could be prone to accidental switching. Like all safety things they are made purposefully difficult/awkward to obviate accidental switching. I must admit though it does make for experienced users a quicker mode of operation.

Best Buy USA just listed the H ship to you buy 3/3/16 !

Availability for 75901Change
  • Get it by:
  • Tue, May 3 - FREE
    Standard
  • Release Date, Fri, Apr 29
    Expedited
  • See final shipping costs in checkout.
Store Pickup
Not available.

If one of you guys get your Typhoon H with the backpack, let us about the size, if it's small enough for airline carry on (20x14x9"). I haven't seen any dimensions from Yuneec for the H backpacks.
That Trint Sigard guy said it did he brought his test unit back to the States via airlines

Watching that unboxing makes the Typhoon H look pretty sweet. The guys in the video are not 100% knowledgable about the bird (they get some facts wrong), but still pretty sweet that they received a unit and made the video!
Getting facts wrong points to some joe blow got his H.

Hi there, how much did you pay in AUD?
How many sets of props do you get?
Cheers!
Our price for the "Advanced".... ( I know it's a marketing ploy.... But just call it Standard!) is AUS$2,000. And if you're frustrated, we have wait till the end of friggin May! US & Europe first,
Well, excuse me, the over inflated price we're coughing up should put us at the top methinks. Anyway have fun, post lots of vids, oh, and let us have a look at your manual please...might as well read something while we wait.

Isn't it ironic that we here have read every word written about the H, and this guy that hasn't got a clue is holding it in his hands and answering questions.

Reactions: DroneClone
Our price for the "Advanced".... ( I know it's a marketing ploy.... But just call it Standard!) is AUS$2,000. And if you're frustrated, we have wait till the end of friggin May! US & Europe first,
Well, excuse me, the over inflated price we're coughing up should put us at the top methinks. Anyway have fun, post lots of vids, oh, and let us have a look at your manual please...might as well read something while we wait.
If I ever get it, I will post to you Chris, and I agree, for $2000 vs $1300, you guys should have been their bread and butter !

That's bunk!2000$ for the standard,I originally agreed to and put down the 1799$ price at the start ,but geez it had the full Monty.

Here is the manual: Manuals Archive - Yuneec

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval