Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H User(created) Manual

I haven't been able to review for other changes, but under the section on landing, they've added:
"NOTICE: It is recommended to turn off the Obstacle Avoidance when landing." :)

Recommended seems a bit weak.

1. Be smart and don't use Smart mode when taking off or landing, only when using Follow Me mode, etc. If you choose to use Smart Mode at any time, remember to stay a minimum of 26' from you and the controller at all times !.
2. Check and make sure Obstacle Avoidance is turned off before take off and landing.
3. Calibrate your compass before first flight and after each firmware update to the aircraft. Also when traveling significant distance from home ( Your discretion)
4. Low battery warning will come on between 14.3V and 14.6v but you might want to land before then but, at least, be prepared to be in a decent landing area when you get below 15v.
5. Landing gear does not auto-deploy except in RTH, look at your drone when landing and think about what you're doing.
6. If your ST16 rattles, you have a loose fan, pull off rubber grips to remove screws and fix
7. If you decide to put a SD card into your ST16, turn the ST16 upside down before doing so since you're less likely to lose your card into the controller
8. Always remember to turn ST16 "ON" first, then Typhoon H after ST16 has booted up, And reverse these steps when turning off.
9. Remember when filming in "Video Mode" to turn off video filming before turning off the H and the ST16 or you "Can" lose you video, and may have to turn H on and off again to restore.
10. Make sure gimbal cover is removed before firing up the H, Will save damaging gimbal motors and gears.
11. Always check rear status lights for proper color combinations of flashing purple and white, or minimum of a solid purple, Always check number of satellites before take off, a safe number should be a minimum of 8.
12. If using Smart Mode and options as cable cam, POI, follow me , etc. Remember that you must have a blinking purple/white to succeed in connecting.
13. Remember that when using RTH(Return to Home) to make sure that you have a minimum of 30' clearance of unobstructed path to home, "IF" you are flying at or below 30' when switching to Home Mode. ( If you are above 30', it will return to Home at the altitude you are flying currently at.
14.If not using you H battery for more than 10 days, fly/hover them down for storage to 50-60%, DO NOT store fully charged for any extended period of time, Also if on the other hand, you have flown your batteries below 50%, charge them up to 50-60% for storage. Storage of more than 10 days at full charge or under 50% can lead to battery life loss and/or battery swelling and even fire.
15. Every 12 flights or so, check all screws, motors, gimbal/camera mounts and accessories for snugness. DO NOT over tighten, just snug them down if loosening.
16. DO NOT use RED button to land your aircraft from short distances from ground (6-12") To land successfully, Turn off Obstacle Avoidance, be in ANGLE MODE and make sure landing gear are deployed !. Lower H slowly to ground not stopping 1-2 feet above ground and hovering(Vortex will form). Just slowly lower gently to ground and hold LEFT STICK completely downward for 2-3 seconds to idle motors and them release. Now you can press red button to kill motors.
17. Check your props for any nicks or cracks BEFORE and after each flight. DO NOT FLY WITH ANY DAMAGED PROPS.
18. Do a preflight check before takeoff. 1) Check that all propellers are secure and in good condition. 2) Check flight mode is the one you want (Angle, etc.), 3) Check whether you are in Turtle Mode or Rabbit Mode, 4) Check Obstruction Avoidance is set to OFF. 5) Check camera mode. (I like to have camera pointing to front and parallel to ground on take off.), 6) Check battery level is what you expect to ensure adequate flight time. 7) Check battery is inserted into H all of the way. 8) Check local weather to avoid excessive wind speed, rain, dust, etc.)

Reactions: yuneec53
18. Do a preflight check before takeoff. 1) Check that all propellers are secure and in good condition. 2) Check flight mode is the one you want (Angle, etc.), 3) Check whether you are in Turtle Mode or Rabbit Mode, 4) Check Obstruction Avoidance is set to OFF. 5) Check camera mode. (I like to have camera pointing to front and parallel to ground on take off.), 6) Check battery level is what you expect to ensure adequate flight time. 7) Check battery is inserted into H all of the way. 8) Check local weather to avoid excessive wind speed, rain, dust, etc.)
I added them to our list, some are repeats, but good none the less, #19 and Thank you !

I can't believe there is a v1.3 of the manual!! Where is this on Yuneec's site! I had to download the v1.1 from the european website as the US and UK both show 1.0 as the latest!

This may be an addition to #10 when instructing to remove the gimbal cover and you can decide if it is worth adding some verbage at the end of the last sentence.

The Yuneec rep told me not to start up the H with the gimbal cover attached for the reason that the sensors in the camera may burnout. Those of you with more knowledge of cameras may feel this is valid or bogus, but I had never thought about it previously when just checking the light status or other aspects of the H.

This may be an addition to #10 when instructing to remove the gimbal cover and you can decide if it is worth adding some verbage at the end of the last sentence.

The Yuneec rep told me not to start up the H with the gimbal cover attached for the reason that the sensors in the camera may burnout. Those of you with more knowledge of cameras may feel this is valid or bogus, but I had never thought about it previously when just checking the light status or other aspects of the H.
Will add ! Thanks !

Also on the preflight checks...check your SD card is in the H - I've forgot that a few times

8. Always remember to turn ST16 "ON" first, then Typhoon H after ST16 has booted up, And reverse these steps when turning off.

Umm, you do know that reverse of this procedure is alot faster to link up right? Turn on Typhoon H, after beep (about 2 seconds after pressing power button) turn on ST16, everything will sync up much faster than if you turn on the ST16 first....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval